Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

26 minutes ago, lucio said:

fantastic if we can offload those 2

I'd rather sell them those two useless parasites straight away but I would even pay an outrageous amount for the almost just as useless Felix just just to be rid of cucu and auba if that is what it takes.

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I'd rather sell them those two useless parasites straight away but I would even pay an outrageous amount for the almost just as useless Felix just just to be rid of cucu and auba if that is what it takes.

he is very talented and has potential at least. 

Lavia, striker, keeper. That’s all we need. We CANNOT go into another season with Kepa as the #1. 

The Mané rumors are intriguing. I just wonder how motivated he still is these days at his age. You can 100% picture Poch loving him in his team.

I’m not expecting us to go crazy in the window again in terms of overall spend. We can get a great new midfielder like Lavia for a decent fee. It doesn’t need to be a £100m player like Rice to significantly upgrade. Likewise with a new keeper. Our biggest spend has to be on getting the right striker and the bulk of our budget needs to go there.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Lavia, striker, keeper. That’s all we need. We CANNOT go into another season with Kepa as the #1. 

The Mané rumors are intriguing. I just wonder how motivated he still is these days at his age. You can 100% picture Poch loving him in his team.

I’m not expecting us to go crazy in the window again in terms of overall spend. We can get a great new midfielder like Lavia for a decent fee. It doesn’t need to be a £100m player like Rice to significantly upgrade. Likewise with a new keeper. Our biggest spend has to be on getting the right striker and the bulk of our budget needs to go there.

I don't get the Mane rumours if they are true. Is he the CF they are targeting? We already have so many wingers and the squad needs to be cut down a lot

Edited by Strike

No way on gods green earth should we be even considering Mane as a striker, we need to stop al this square pegs in round holes.

What works for one club doesn't always work with another- we need an out and out 9. I'd swap Mane with Sterling in a heartbeat but not at the expense of an out and out 9

8 hours ago, Strike said:

We already have Enzo who plays the deeper role and is comfortably better than Rice.

Gavi if Barca are selling or Barella.

Gavi is basically a number 10 though no? I mean if he is to play as a more advanced MFer or on the sides like he has done with Spain, then I see why going after Gavi would be interesting. But as a direct alternative to a more traditional number 6/8, its a bit baffling 

We need someone who can play as a 6 or an 8 to compliment Enzo and can give the team a bit more defensively though. Particularly as Enzo for me, seems to be a bit of a liability with letting guys run off him when hes played next to Kovacic in particular and perhaps defensively isn’t best suited to sitting as a 6. Kante needs a successor if he leaves/good competitor if he stays.

Rice not worth that money perhaps but someone who definitely can play both positions and offers that physicality we lack in midfield. Plus it possibly lets Enzo play 10-15 yards higher up the pitch - where you can see he is more comfortable IMO.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

I don't get the Mane rumours if they are true. Is he the CF they are targeting? We already have so many wingers and the squad needs to be cut down a lot

I can’t really picture Mané playing anywhere else given the personnel we will already have. I expect much better and bigger things for Mudryk under a proper coach with a proper team structure next season. So with him and Sterling that left side where Mané played for Liverpool is covered. The #10 area is also crowded.

So if the rumors are even true I guess he could be a fallback option as the striker if we can’t get a proper #9? 

I kind of have a bad feeling that we will once again see Lukaku in a Chelsea shirt. 😩

Trying to pry Osimhen out of De Laurentiis’ s hands will be the fight of the century. And I don’t think we could afford the £150m or whatever for him anyways. Levy would be forced into hiding for the rest of his life if he sold us Kane. Ivan Toney is a big risk stepping up into such a pressurized situation as the “savior” of Chelsea’s striker woes.

There really aren’t many obvious targets. So Mané could be a short term solution perhaps? Who knows…

10 hours ago, lucio said:

How tall is Toney ? Different sites list him as between 5ft 8 (lol) and 6ft 2 

The 5ft 8 listings are false. He is over 6ft tall. Brentford had a free kick against Liverpool on Saturday and when Brentford were discussing their free kick routine, he comfortably towered over most of their players in the discussion and they were in close distance of each other. Also he had an interview with Ben Mee after they beat City at Etihad this season and he was slightly taller and Ben Mee is around 6ft.

I just don't see a situation where Ivan Toney doesn't get a long ban for his betting infringements. Given the numbers in circulation that he has been charged with, I'd be assuming there could be a 6 - 12 month suspension for him and no one is going to go near him currently when he has that hanging over him.

I genuinely think if Chelsea can clear the decks somewhat early in the window, we'll make a play firstly for Harry Kane over every other striker target. Not saying we'll get him and I think it's unlikely at best, but his options I think will be limited and could well end up being only ourselves and United as realistic suitors, and if United don't sort their ownership position out sharply, they may not be prepared to make a move. United are the easy choice for him from a rivalry standpoint, but I think the club has to explore the option first and whether the pull of Poch can do anything. It's easy to say Levy won't sell to us, but if we're the only club willing to put a strong offer on the table and he's not prepared to sign a new contract, there is no way he is letting a £80-100m star player walk on a free 12 months later.

When we're talking strikers who might potentially be on the market in the summer, he is the best by a country mile and it would be foolish to not at least explore that option before considering any others.

8 hours ago, Superblue said:

I just don't see a situation where Ivan Toney doesn't get a long ban for his betting infringements. Given the numbers in circulation that he has been charged with, I'd be assuming there could be a 6 - 12 month suspension for him and no one is going to go near him currently when he has that hanging over him.

I genuinely think if Chelsea can clear the decks somewhat early in the window, we'll make a play firstly for Harry Kane over every other striker target. Not saying we'll get him and I think it's unlikely at best, but his options I think will be limited and could well end up being only ourselves and United as realistic suitors, and if United don't sort their ownership position out sharply, they may not be prepared to make a move. United are the easy choice for him from a rivalry standpoint, but I think the club has to explore the option first and whether the pull of Poch can do anything. It's easy to say Levy won't sell to us, but if we're the only club willing to put a strong offer on the table and he's not prepared to sign a new contract, there is no way he is letting a £80-100m star player walk on a free 12 months later.

When we're talking strikers who might potentially be on the market in the summer, he is the best by a country mile and it would be foolish to not at least explore that option before considering any others.

Even if we bid that amount for Kane, there's no way Levy accepts.  Feel like his position at Spurs would be untenable if he agreed to sell Kane to a local rival.