Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

That's why the whole term 'negotiations' is a prominent phrase here used by all the top reporters. It's simply us saying' we are going to pay it and this is how want to do it' 

They will probably say no but this is where we have to ramp it up. I'm really positive that if it comes to it Tb will pay it up front and we get our man.

Hopefully it does go ahead. Be intrigued to see how he would fare in the PL after seeing him at the World Cup.

I do think they’ll be wanting the full sum though.

Or the deals gonna be something like €80/100m upfront, €40/20m in add ons to make it up to and a player on loan or something daft.

Theres no way they weaken their stance now on the 30th after being so tough throughout the month. 

@Mhsc ultimately if he doesn’t get his move he’ll still end up playing for Benfica to the summer and they’d say then you can go.

Its not often you hear of players at Benfica players falling out with their managers/board/president after not getting a move. I mean their whole business model is on flipping a profit so I would imagine that the player will be fine and the club will still use him. I think if you look back at them historically the last 15-20 years they’ve always sold at the right time also.

Another big reason behind them not selling in January for less than the clause is because their still competing in the CL, in the title race and domestic cups IIRC.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Benfica aren't weakening they have been insistent all along- We have now told them we will meet the money that they want.

The player and agent are pushing and he's told them he wants to go. This deal is coming to a close and I 100% think no matter Rui Costa wants it gets done and we get him before tomorrow's deadline. Todd Boehly, Egbhali and Winstanley aren't in Portugal to pick fruit.

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Benfica aren't weakening they have been insistent all along- We have now told them we will meet the money that they want.

The player and agent are pushing and he's told them he wants to go. This deal is coming to a close and I 100% think no matter Rui Costa wants it gets done and we get him before tomorrow's deadline. Todd Boehly, Egbhali and Winstanley aren't in Portugal to pick fruit.

Lets hope then. It’ll be tight though if their gonna dick about with structure again on our end.

I don’t know what the FFP implications of just paying €120m upfront is but surely if it comes to it they’ll do it?

Edited by OneMoSalah

As an aside, if we are going so hard trying to get Enzo this month rather than summer, wouldn’t it have made sense for us to try to get even a small fee and sell Jorginho now rather than let him walk for free? Enzo is his direct replacement and if we get him that should make Jorginho’s minutes go to basically nothing. We probably could’ve got a few million for him from someone.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

As an aside, if we are going so hard trying to get Enzo this month rather than summer, wouldn’t it have made sense for us to try to get even a small fee and sell Jorginho now rather than let him walk for free? Enzo is his direct replacement and if we get him that should make Jorginho’s minutes go to basically nothing. We probably could’ve got a few million for him from someone.

Too late in the window now but yes would have made sense, tbh they could offer him an extension and then sell in summer if he is game.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

I don’t know what the FFP implications of just paying €120m upfront is but surely if it comes to it they’ll do it?

As long as the deal is done by agreeing a €120M transfer fee and not by triggering the €120M buy-out then it won't affect FFP whatever the actual payment schedules. It's not like Clearlake don't have the money in hand if they wanted to pay it in one go so I doubt it's going to be a huge problem if the club are in fact ready to pay the full €120M and on whatever payment terms Benfica demand.

Now if Benfica were to be dicks about it they could still just point to the buy-out clause which cannot be amortised and would count as a €120M one-off FFP hit then it's just not going to be done. I'm sure Enzo himself would be thrilled if Benfica fucked over his move over a technicality that doesn't even benefit them at all because either way they'll still get the €120M.

12 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I still feel like we missed a trick with Danjuma despite our attacking incomings. None of those names really instil much excitement for me at this moment in time.

I'd rather put our hopes in Broja/Fofana.

I do not have an immense amount of hope atm for Broja

and I rate our offensive incomings higher than you apparently do

46 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Lets hope then. It’ll be tight though if their gonna dick about with structure again on our end.

Whether a fee is paid in full upfront, or on some agreed schedule, makes no difference to FFP. Either way the total fee can be amortised for FFP accounting purposes. Fully paid up front, or on a payment schedule, affects the affordability for the buying club, but doesn't impact FFP.

This relates to standard transfer fees, including release clauses, but not to buyout clauses. Giving a player the money to purchase his buyout counts as paying him a wage, and wages have to be accounted for, in full, during the FFP year in which they are paid.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

Every time I open Twitter it’s excitement that there’s some positive Enzo update and nervousness that Rui Costa will pull some bullshit and refuse to negotiate terms even if the installments eventually get him the full €120m. 

Glad there’s only 2 days left of this window. 

21 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I do not have an immense amount of hope atm for Broja

and I rate our offensive incomings higher than you apparently do

Broja is over, this is back to the old days where young people that aren't outrageously good just wont get to play. He will be loaned and eventually sold.