Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

13 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

Just like any talented or skillful player system matters. Atletico play ultra defensive and counter attacking football. When he's able to be more expressive he's still a very good player

And what kind of football do we play???

Because to me, we literally don't play at all.

2 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

Just like any talented or skillful player system matters. Atletico play ultra defensive and counter attacking football. When he's able to be more expressive he's still a very good player

The same way the ultra defensive and counter attacking system didn't harm the likes of Falcao, Costa, Turan, Griezmann, Koke and even Saul for a while though either did it? Even their fullbacks such as Juanfran and Filipe Luis who were pretty effective going forward also? Its selective but those guys made it work and were excellent players. 

I knew Felix would end up here eventually after failing to fulfil his early promise at AM. I just knew it 😂(it yet might not happen but still). I'm sure he's a nice lad and I'm sure he'll love posting loads of insta photos of his jaunts around London. But where it really matters he won't make one iota of difference (I'd love to be wrong).

Maybe it's because I'm jaded after years of transfer failures but I wouldn't be excited about this Enzo lad either. Small (relatively), massive fee/wages ... another dosser for the Cobham Sixth Form Centre?

We desperately need leaders. We need players who will consistently turn up and play with flair when they can but dig in when necessary. Players who aren't shit scared of the opponent and their goal! I can dream.

If we were like….idk, 4-5 points off of top 4 and in with a genuine shot to make a run at it I’d be super excited about signing Felix. But since we’re miles behind and the squad’s mentality is likely down in the dumps him arriving may not make a splash. 

I genuinely don’t know where he will be played. With the injuries I suppose he’ll play on the left. Or perhaps a genuine 2 striker system with he and Kai up top.

3 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

I duno what the decisions are behind our transfers no more..throw them all in and hope for the best or sign a load and think ah now what

The famous and proven philosophy of YOLO, until FFP gets us, at least.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

The same way the ultra defensive and counter attacking system didn't harm the likes of Falcao, Costa, Turan, Griezmann, Koke and even Saul for a while though either did it? Even their fullbacks such as Juanfran and Filipe Luis who were pretty effective going forward also? Its selective but those guys made it work and were excellent players. 

Costa, Falcao and Greizmann definitely benefited from their counter attacking style. Turan and Koke were linking players who progressed the ball into the dangerous positions, I have full faith had Felix signed for them during the time when Atletico was a force in Spain and Europe we wouldn't be having the same conversation about his ability. With that said If we don't get the tactics right going forward he'll be worse here than he is perceived to be with AM.

Atletico will have moved on Felix and Cunha on loan this window. Surely they'll be looking at a replacement in the attacking positions (unless they already have one). Wonder whether we could push one of ours in their direction - they do like usually buying our problems. 

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

I am absolutely convinced both Fofana and Cucu will be very good Chelsea players long term. Not worried in the least about either at this moment.

Sterling may not turn out to be the world class wide player we were all hoping he would be but I think he’ll at least be very good.

Koulibaly was coming off of a Team of the Season level year at Napoli from what we were told. The contract length we gave him was a mistake but signing a veteran CB to combine with young ones like Fofana and Chalobah seemed like a no brainer at the time. Nobody could have foreseen him being THIS big of a letdown.

Auba is the only truly unforgivable and stupid move. Totally desperate signing that raised every red flag.

this is an attempt to put lipstick on a pig

dumping £95m on KK may well go down as a Chels top ten all-time transfer blunder

Fofana looks damaged goods atm, we had all best hope not perm

and paying £62m for CuCu was just flat out stupidy

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Wow Felix! Haven't been this excited about signing since Pato!

his one and only goal

in his first EPL game btw

same as Willian did

he only had one other game with us, lol

2 games , one pen goal, and back to Brasil