Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Kong said:

Post covid is a mess everything is expensive. Fucking utility bills are forecast to be at almost 8k a year by March next year.

That was meant to cause constraints due to limited expendable income. So much for that with prices going around.

31 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Well, in the non footballing world, Covid fucked up the supply chains helping to drive inflation, as did war crim Putie Poot with his Ukrainian adventureneering.

Also, and more germane to football world, the top 0.1% have gained several trillion in net worth, at least until recently with the stock markets going into a spin.

The world is certainly in a dire state right now & it's probably going to be a while before things change for the better in the slightest.

Maybe we can let him fail his medical, his value is slashed in half and we sign him in winter for cheap. Not gonna happen ofc no club would want to deal with us afterwards but would serve Leicester just right. Their valuation for a player who just returned from a career threatening injury is absurd. Almost as absurd is us wanting to pay that 

Edited by Magic Lamps

Why is it absurd? That is what they value him and he’s on a 5 year deal? Not to mention St.Etienne have a 20% sell on clause and Leicester will likely not be able to bring in anyone better this late in the window. 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Why is it absurd? That is what they value him and he’s on a 5 year deal? Not to mention St.Etienne have a 20% sell on clause and Leicester will likely not be able to bring in anyone better this late in the window. 

Given he is valued under 40m by KPMG and most other reputable sources, we are paying a 100%+ premium on top of market value. I get Leicesters point and I respect their brinksmanship but honestly I would probably have taken the prior 70m bid already if I were them. Fofana is an alright player but I do not see the world class potential after his injury. I am not convinced he has recovered his pace, he looks small and he simply is not as assured on the ball as he should be for that money. finally, I hope I am wrong, tbh I am excited about finding a long term  solution for that RCB spot. In fact, other than all those horrific options (e.g. Ake, Kounde, Maguire -.-) we explored this summer he is one of the preferable ones. I would just not have advised the club to drop that much dough on a player who still looks sus to me.

12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Given he is valued under 40m by KPMG and most other reputable sources, we are paying a 100%+ premium on top of market value. I get Leicesters point and I respect their brinksmanship but honestly I would probably have taken the prior 70m bid already if I were them. Fofana is an alright player but I do not see the world class potential after his injury. I am not convinced he has recovered his pace, he looks small and he simply is not as assured on the ball as he should be for that money. finally, I hope I am wrong, tbh I am excited about finding a long term  solution for that RCB spot. In fact, other than all those horrific options (e.g. Ake, Kounde, Maguire -.-) we explored this summer he is one of the preferable ones. I would just not have advised the club to drop that much dough on a player who still looks sus to me.

Everything you’ve said here is a matter of debate but….did you say he looks small? Huh? And not assured on the ball? I feel like we’ve watched different players. He’s 6’3” and his comfort on the ball is one of the things I’m most excited about. 

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

Everything you’ve said here is a matter of debate but….did you say he looks small? Huh? And not assured on the ball? I feel like we’ve watched different players. He’s 6’3” and his comfort on the ball is one of the things I’m most excited about. 

Yes, debating is exactly what we are doing here. He has looked clumsy on the ball since his injury tbh. Let alone that horror show vs Arsenal i can remember him producing a couple of turnovers from he top of my head vs Eindhoven, roma and ManUre last season. As I have said before, I do not buy him being 6'3. If you look at photos of his (poor posture considered, also look at the height of his knees, hips, shoulders etc) he still looks about an inch shorter than Jonny Evans when he should be an inch taller... almost every player's height is inflated, some more, some less and Fofana seems to be the former. I just hope it wont matter in the end.

Screenshot-2022-01-08-at-19.32.31.jpg

jonny-evans-of-leicester-city-makes-poin

or next to Schmeichel and Fuchs

https://scontent-dus1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/123855770_10158998375687769_5026858047339962598_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=F6Ts-vwbcskAX-rB4sU&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.xx&oh=00_AT_Hze7u1h-DRO7tSCoQKnbK-6niWdN6_URMAwb8KovrZA&oe=63303B48

Leicester_Lineup_vs_Arsenal.jpg

Edited by Magic Lamps

-----Sterling --------------------------Zaha------

Havertz/Mount                            

Cucu/Chil -----  Kova/RLC --- Kante/Jorgi------ James 
      KK---------Silva----------Fofana

I don't mind that to be honest. I'd prefer RLC playing with one of Kova/Kante given he can drive the ball forward, though not sure how responsible he is tracking back. That is helped by having 3 at the back though, so... Should be fine. 

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Yes, debating is exactly what we are doing here. He has looked clumsy on the ball since his injury tbh. Let alone that horror show vs Arsenal i can remember him producing a couple of turnovers from he top of my head vs Eindhoven, roma and ManUre last season. As I have said before, I do not buy him being 6'3. I am 6'3 1/2 and just from seeing him on the pitch, I do not see his proportions working with a that height. Moreso, if you look at photos of his (poor posture considered, also look at the height of his knees, hips, shoulders etc) he still looks about an inch shorter than Jonny Evans when he should be an inch taller... almost every player's height is inflated, some more, some less and Fofana seems to be the former. I just hope it wont matter in the end.

Screenshot-2022-01-08-at-19.32.31.jpg

jonny-evans-of-leicester-city-makes-poin

or next to Schmeichel and Fuchs

https://scontent-dus1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/123855770_10158998375687769_5026858047339962598_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=F6Ts-vwbcskAX-rB4sU&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.xx&oh=00_AT_Hze7u1h-DRO7tSCoQKnbK-6niWdN6_URMAwb8KovrZA&oe=63303B48

Leicester_Lineup_vs_Arsenal.jpg

If he is listed as 6 ft 3 on official PL website/Leicester City site, he is more than likely 6 ft 3. 

I mean fucking hell… never seen somebody give so much of a shit how tall someone is/don’t buy it based off a photo 🤣

Also do you have insecurities because you seem to mention your height every 2/3 months regarding certain footballers? Pretty sure you’ve included this about a few other players over the years 🤣

5 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I know its a lot of money but getting a deal done is expensive - whoever it is. Ake's price was £50m, Kimpembe's price was over 50m, Skriniar price was 59m, Kounde was 55m. This Fofana deal is more money but not by a lot and among the 4-5 defenders we've been linked with this summer, I prefer the idea of spending to get him. The only worry is the injury rehabilitation. I hope the club is triple checking that fibula issue

Edited by Strike

2 hours ago, Strike said:

I know its a lot of money but getting a deal done is expensive - whoever it is. Ake's price was £50m, Kimpembe's price was over 50m, Skriniar price was 59m, Kounde was 55m. This Fofana deal is more money but not by a lot and among the 4-5 defenders we've been linked with this summer, I prefer the idea of spending to get him. The only worry is the injury rehabilitation. I hope the club is triple checking that fibula issue

You are right, we would have to pay over the odds for any cb but out of the listed options he is the best pick. Honestly just want the shiny new toy to be perfect and tear it up for us. Our whole defensive setup depends on athletic wide cbs being able to push up high. While I am sure they will be thoroughly checking his fibula, there is such an overwhelming interest from all sides for this deal to happen, the doctor might still give him a pass no matter what. Just like Torres and we know how that ended up. 

The Stamford Bridge hierarchy have opted to send Fofana to the US for his medical, and the 21-year-old flew out on Sunday after missing Leicester’s 2-1 defeat at Chelsea for personal reasons. There are not expected to be any problems but Fofana has agreed a six-year deal and the club’s new owners are looking for additional peace of mind. The defender broke his leg and injured ankle ligaments when caught by a horrible challenge in a pre-season friendly in August 2021, ruling him out for seven months.