Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Club and Tuchel both wanted Haaland for sure, I have no doubts about that. I wanted nothing to do with Lukaku, but a good majority fans still wanted him here. The media overwhelmingly backed him to be a success. 

This narrative that he was forced on him, is only because he was a complete bust. Haaland and Lukaku were viewed the top strikers available, they couldn’t get Haaland so they want out to get the next available option for Tuchel because signing a striker was priority for him. 

Exactly this. We might not get the manager his plan A everytime but we can go back and verify across manager and across time that we have got the players the manager has wanted.

Jose2.0 - cesc, Costa. Then he wanted Pogba with his effiel tower remarks which never materialized

Conte - his list of serie a players in Morata, emerson, Alonso etc

Sarri - jorgi, kepa, higuain (loan).

No way would a club buy someone for a 100m without the manager's absolute and complete backing and go ahead. 

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

His pathway will be blocked by Nkunku or Leao next season. With only 2 years left in his contract, CHO should just leave permanently. 

Wishful thinking , blocked by big Gordon more likely 

2 hours ago, blahblahblah said:

A guy can dream. You keep writing your lists of players knowing very well we won't sign them. It's the same for me. 

We get it, you don't like Tuchel. I understand the whole 'push an agenda slash trolling' persona you've decided to bring here but let's have it right, whatever opinion you have of TT, which you are fully entitled too, the man deserves far more respect from our fans considering what he has achieved with the squad he inherited. The man won the CL with Werner and Havertz in attack. Pep hasn't with a far greater attacking force... 

Out of curiosity, who would you rather be the man to take us forward? 

19 minutes ago, DDA said:

We get it, you don't like Tuchel. I understand the whole 'push an agenda slash trolling' persona you've decided to bring here but let's have it right, whatever opinion you have of TT, which you are fully entitled too, the man deserves far more respect from our fans considering what he has achieved with the squad he inherited. The man won the CL with Werner and Havertz in attack. Pep hasn't with a far greater attacking force... 

Out of curiosity, who would you rather be the man to take us forward? 

Are we really going to discredit our own players just to big up TT? The season we got Werner, Kai and ziyech, we were the envy of the footballing world, and let's not mince words around it. Kai was one of the, if not THE most sought after young player.

Werner was sought after by none other than Liverpool, ziyech's exploits in the CL were well known. Just because TT has not been able to get the best out of the above mentioned players does not lessen their quality (even if they have their shortcomings). Again, to reiterate, getting those 3 talented attackers had us be the envy of the footballing world.

Also, let's be clear, i don't dislike TT. But i don't think he has done anywhere near a "great job". Just look at the post you wrote and the context in which we write about Werner or Kai like they were some mid table evertonians who we got for free. Similarly, in the Lukaku case, TT is absolved of all blame while the board gets it all, like seriously? We would buy a 100m striker for a manager who won the CL without his go ahead and acceptance, seriously? THAT'S the narrative we are going forward with?

You can call me a troll, that's your opinion. I am taking a stance and speaking my mind and not afraid to do that. Just because my opinion does not match yours, and my pov does not match the "narratives", it does not make me a troll. 

For me, the CL triumph should not overshadow the failure to improve/integrate some of the best available talents in the world, a poor attacking structure, and very very mediocre record in the PL (specially given the money spent).

Pep likes to shoot himself in the foot and overthink shit like not playing fernandinho in the cl final, that should not be the metric by which i will judge a manager. He has built a dynasty and a winning machine. Obviously they have their own issues be it a mental block in cl or whatever. We took a decade under RA to win the CL despite having one of the best teams and squads from 03-10. Infact if you ask me, the 2012 CL win was with one of the weakest squads we have had since 03. Might be debatable, but that aging squad was not supposed to do what it did. Meanwhile some of our best ones fell just short in the semis or a penalty kick away. Again, it takes nothing away from those teams, they were great teams as is pep's city right now (unfortunately) and he needs to get a lot of credit for it, cl win or not. 

We were supposed to become a dynasty to with such young talents around, instead we seem to be trending in the complete opposite direction. Most/majority of us seem to think that our players are shit, i don't, sue me for it (or keep calling me a troll). I think we are severely underperforming given the talent at our disposal, and i feel the reason for it is the manager who refuses to address far more important issues like a DM rather than buying a new attack outright. 

AS for replacements, i have already mentioned the names twice or thrice (infact there are multiple posts of people calling me out on it, have a glance). Let's not forget, when TT was rumored, a lot of people were unsure about him too. So let's keep that in mind.

It’s true , Werner harvetz and ziyech were absolute ballers before they joined Chelsea and have been absolutely ruined by this club. We are just a talent graveyard, you have to be Eden hazard level to stand out here and even he never reached his potential 

3 hours ago, blahblahblah said:

A guy can dream. You keep writing your lists of players knowing very well we won't sign them. It's the same for me. 

we have signed some over the years

and my lists are pretty damn comprehensive, and then I narrow them down to the best of the best options

I also am pragmatic and do not rant on about certain players when I know we have no shot atm

like my preferred LB, Theo (I am fine with Cucu, but think we paid way too much, but hell he could turn ito the best LB on the planet, so time will tell) and preferred RWB, who we simply missed out on because he did not want to come here, Hakimi

I wanted Jesus badly once it became clear that Osimhen was not a target and we had already missed out last year on Vlahovic

the thing is, I am constantly evolving, and do not ramble on laser focused on shitting on one thing

the closest I got to that lately was Sarr, as he is one of the worst defensive backs we have even had in the past 30 years

52 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

Are we really going to discredit our own players just to big up TT? The season we got Werner, Kai and ziyech, we were the envy of the footballing world, and let's not mince words around it. Kai was one of the, if not THE most sought after young player.

Werner was sought after by none other than Liverpool, ziyech's exploits in the CL were well known. Just because TT has not been able to get the best out of the above mentioned players does not lessen their quality (even if they have their shortcomings). Again, to reiterate, getting those 3 talented attackers had us be the envy of the footballing world.

Also, let's be clear, i don't dislike TT. But i don't think he has done anywhere near a "great job". Just look at the post you wrote and the context in which we write about Werner or Kai like they were some mid table evertonians who we got for free. Similarly, in the Lukaku case, TT is absolved of all blame while the board gets it all, like seriously? We would buy a 100m striker for a manager who won the CL without his go ahead and acceptance, seriously? THAT'S the narrative we are going forward with?

You can call me a troll, that's your opinion. I am taking a stance and speaking my mind and not afraid to do that. Just because my opinion does not match yours, and my pov does not match the "narratives", it does not make me a troll. 

For me, the CL triumph should not overshadow the failure to improve/integrate some of the best available talents in the world, a poor attacking structure, and very very mediocre record in the PL (specially given the money spent).

Pep likes to shoot himself in the foot and overthink shit like not playing fernandinho in the cl final, that should not be the metric by which i will judge a manager. He has built a dynasty and a winning machine. Obviously they have their own issues be it a mental block in cl or whatever. We took a decade under RA to win the CL despite having one of the best teams and squads from 03-10. Infact if you ask me, the 2012 CL win was with one of the weakest squads we have had since 03. Might be debatable, but that aging squad was not supposed to do what it did. Meanwhile some of our best ones fell just short in the semis or a penalty kick away. Again, it takes nothing away from those teams, they were great teams as is pep's city right now (unfortunately) and he needs to get a lot of credit for it, cl win or not. 

We were supposed to become a dynasty to with such young talents around, instead we seem to be trending in the complete opposite direction. Most/majority of us seem to think that our players are shit, i don't, sue me for it (or keep calling me a troll). I think we are severely underperforming given the talent at our disposal, and i feel the reason for it is the manager who refuses to address far more important issues like a DM rather than buying a new attack outright. 

AS for replacements, i have already mentioned the names twice or thrice (infact there are multiple posts of people calling me out on it, have a glance). Let's not forget, when TT was rumored, a lot of people were unsure about him too. So let's keep that in mind.

Maybe, just maybe I'll concede to the fact that we were in reality lucky to get Havertz at the time as if I remember rightly... the other 'big clubs' just weren't in the right place financially to place bids to match or better ours. Although having said that, he was still very much unproven at the highest level which ultimately made that transfer a gamble, a gamble the other big clubs weren't prepared to make. Ziyech was balling in the CL but despite the performances in that great run of Ajax in Europe,  those very Ajax fans warned us he was hit and miss and gave the ball away for too many times week in, week out. As for Werner, how we didn't see that he was merely a pace merchant is beyond me. 

Are you seriously trying to paint the picture that TT is the reason that these 3 players couldn't cut it in the Prem,  with some of the absolute piss take of performances they churn out??? 

I'm not advocating TTs every decision and placing him upon a pedestal. All managers are up for criticism when and if they aren't doing their job properly in the view of us, the supporters but in my eyes, he has done enough to warrant more time and certainly more respect.  

24 minutes ago, DDA said:

Maybe, just maybe I'll concede to the fact that we were in reality lucky to get Havertz at the time as if I remember rightly... the other 'big clubs' just weren't in the right place financially to place bids to match or better ours. Although having said that, he was still very much unproven at the highest level which ultimately made that transfer a gamble, a gamble the other big clubs weren't prepared to make. Ziyech was balling in the CL but despite the performances in that great run of Ajax in Europe,  those very Ajax fans warned us he was hit and miss and gave the ball away for too many times week in, week out. As for Werner, how we didn't see that he was merely a pace merchant is beyond me. 

Are you seriously trying to paint the picture that TT is the reason that these 3 players couldn't cut it in the Prem,  with some of the absolute piss take of performances they churn out??? 

I'm not advocating TTs every decision and placing him upon a pedestal. All managers are up for criticism when and if they aren't doing their job properly in the view of us, the supporters but in my eyes, he has done enough to warrant more time and certainly more respect.  

What people also have to take in consideration that if at that time we won the champions league we was playing awful, then you can kinda see why ziyech werner and kai was under performing. But that just wasn't the case we was playing good despite them 3 players under performing and we still won the CL. Now my point is this.... if these 3 players couldn't play like apparently they can when the situation at the club was good, playing good football and winning the CL, then they never will.

14 minutes ago, DDA said:

I am absolutely not. But i also, don't agree with the sentiment that the problem lies solely and solely with the players. I don't believe that ALL of our forwards (Lukaku, Werner, Kai, ziyech, Puli and cho) are trash and should be binned while TT did the unimaginable of keeping us competitive Despite of them. Because that is the narrative which is being thrown around here. 

Just yesterday someone made a post highlighting the shortcomings of each of these players and literally denouncing them. These are not average players. They have their issues but our very talented players.

And that's where my issue is. TT is given a pass when it comes to literally 6 of our attackers, he is given a pass for not buying and solving our midfield/dm issues, he is given a pass for not adapting tactically when clearly a lot of other teams have learned how to play us. I don't think any other manager has got as much leeway as him. 

Add to that our recent list of targets, it's just trending in the completely opposite direction of where we are going. Gordon and auba over the likes of the talents i named above. 

Many people don't realise that the age of the great midfielders has died, just like the age of the great wingers died in the seventies.
There were some great attacking midfielders in the past in international football:
Platini - Sandro Mazzola - Archie Gemmill - Francescoli - Charlie Cook ...
Today it's only Modric really, but what did these people havd in common ?
They had in common that no one was marking them ! They had all the room in the world to manouver and prepare dangerous attacks.
Some people call Messi and Maradona great ... playmakers but they are mistaken. They were attackers who of course at their best they could evade their marksmen.
Today's football is totlal war (totaler krieg) so Platini would have to be twice as good as he was to have the same effect.
Players who could make the difference for Chelsea today have to be of the Eden Hazard genre, or Didier Drogba genre.

5 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

I don't believe that ALL of our forwards (Lukaku, Werner, Kai, ziyech, Puli and cho) are trash and should be binned while TT did the unimaginable of keeping us competitive Despite of them. Because that is the narrative which is being thrown around here. 

At this moment in time and thinking about it, for quite some time before, yes, I do believe that all the players mentioned are not as good as the footballing World once thought they were. 

Lukaku was showing all the signs of being  a complete donkey at Man U.

Werner wasn't cutting it before TT came in and you could make an argument that his bucket full of missed chances were partially the reason we dropped points under Frank and led to his eventual sacking. 

Ziyech and Puli were both proving to be flash in the pan players under Frank.

CHO has not been the same since his injury. Facto.

16 minutes ago, DDA said:

At this moment in time and thinking about it, for quite some time before, yes, I do believe that all the players mentioned are not as good as the footballing World once thought they were. 

Lukaku was showing all the signs of being  a complete donkey at Man U.

Werner wasn't cutting it before TT came in and you could make an argument that his bucket full of missed chances were partially the reason we dropped points under Frank and led to his eventual sacking. 

Ziyech and Puli were both proving to be flash in the pan players under Frank.

CHO has not been the same since his injury. Facto.

CHO is the only one on that list who has never truly justified his talent. Rest all have and they have for a significant time, making massive names for themselves. 

Just to make a point, Puli was balling in FL's first season. His hammy during the fa cup final and while being through on goal can be taken as a turning point in his career, but in that covid year, he was lighting up the league. 

As for Kai, Werner and ziyech, we are using the 4 months with FL as saying they were not what we thought they were, but a season before Werner had scored 30 goals or so, ziyech was balling with ajax and Kai had 2 20 goal seasons with Leverkusen. 

I think the main objective for TT would have been to find a system to get the best out of them. And that's why i raise the point of him failing to integrate these players. 

Fine, even if you want to argue that they are not as good as we thought, but replacing them with auba and gordon. That has GOT to be mental and criminal man. That is what really makes it insane. 

I would love to be proven wrong. I will be happy to be proven wrong and be ridiculed (even more) on here with being called a troll and what not. But i don't see it happening. Hence my take on TT. 

8 hours ago, Pizy said:

Btw, have Leicester even signed anyone yet? They’ve had a horrible start to the season, have signed no one, and I’ve seen LOTS of their supporters saying that Rodgers has grown stale and should go. Add to that the fact that reports have suggested the club is in really poor financial shape. And yet they still reject £70m from us? Kind of incredible.

Just some 32 year old backup keeper. I think they are going to sell - They were unable to bid for Ademola Lookman because of lack of funds

Rodgers' latest quotes indicates a sale too. Possible this is stalling till the weekend game/when they sort a replacement

1 hour ago, blahblahblah said:

I am absolutely not. But i also, don't agree with the sentiment that the problem lies solely and solely with the players. I don't believe that ALL of our forwards (Lukaku, Werner, Kai, ziyech, Puli and cho) are trash and should be binned while TT did the unimaginable of keeping us competitive Despite of them. Because that is the narrative which is being thrown around here. 

Just yesterday someone made a post highlighting the shortcomings of each of these players and literally denouncing them. These are not average players. They have their issues but our very talented players.

And that's where my issue is. TT is given a pass when it comes to literally 6 of our attackers, he is given a pass for not buying and solving our midfield/dm issues, he is given a pass for not adapting tactically when clearly a lot of other teams have learned how to play us. I don't think any other manager has got as much leeway as him. 

Add to that our recent list of targets, it's just trending in the completely opposite direction of where we are going. Gordon and auba over the likes of the talents i named above. 

Does TT get the blame for the same players not performing under FL aswell?