Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

How is the club planning to replace Werner, Ziyech and CHO? None of the alternatives seem like upgrades.

I think at this point we can only let one of Ziyech or CHO leave.

Just now, Strike said:

Who is a viable replacement though?

That’s the million dollar question. But surely after letting Lukaku and Timo go plus showing a willingness to let CHO and Ziyech go means that something is being worked on.

God knows what…

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

That’s the million dollar question. But surely after letting Lukaku and Timo go plus showing a willingness to let CHO and Ziyech go means that something is being worked on.

God knows what…

The bid to sign Richarlison makes sense now. Tuchel wanted an overhaul

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

The bid to sign Richarlison makes sense now. Tuchel wanted an overhaul

Matt Law now says that we will indeed press for Auba.

Not sure how I feel about that. A striker that’s going to depend entirely on chances being served up to him on a plate. If you watch pretty much every goal he scored at Barca they come from fantastic service that seemed to mostly consisted of great Dembele crosses.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

cd8d10b9938470940227f430231777d7.png

That list should raise alarm bells immediately because how many of those were deemed a success? Granted a couple could still turn things around, and a couple like Neymar for example haven't exactly been flops but beyond Mbappe and maybe Bale, can you really argue any of the rest have been successful buys?

You only have to then look at Chelsea's own list for most expensive attacking buys in our history and it's littered with disaster after disaster. 

I'd much rather see a couple of well thought out and scouted buys for attacking positions than splashing out big again.

6 minutes ago, DDA said:

Why can't our scouts do their fucking job and find a gem out of nowhere? Surely there is one out there somewhere.

Probably are gems out there. But if we’re going to be splashing mega money on Fofana and perhaps De Jong I doubt we’d also have tens of millions to spend on some up and coming young talent that the selling club won’t want to let go of.

If we sort out the rest of our squad I’m fine with a stopgap striker. Just not so sure about Auba.