Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Leipzig got Werner and Sesko I wonder if they would consider letting Nkunku go this summer. They put that release clause into his contract to remain another year but I don't think they anticipated Sesko and Werner coming back so maybe now if we overpay a bit they might let him go.

I don’t think Nkunku will push very strong to leave this window. His place in French NT is not stable, he cannot afford joining a team and play worse or not get regular playing time. He can wait up until January.

29 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Chelsea are preparing to offer a world record fee to sign French centre-back Wesley Fofana, 21, from Leicester City. (Football London)

Can we then do it for a forward as well? 

9 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It's all on him. He needs to accept a lower wage. 

The wage isn't an issue according to one report. Chelsea was footing 70% of the wage. The issue between Napoli and Kepa was about image rights.

So that’s several decent journalists reporting it. But it’s nothing different to what Ornstein said last week. We’re pushing and pushing but the player is still not ready to commit to leaving yet. Be good if we agree a fee with Barca like United did so that if he decides to go we’re ready.

7 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Agreed. In a straight shoot out between us and City we were never going to win. In fact I think we could have faced another situation where a player might have accepted a lesser contract than we offered, and chosen to play for someone else instead. We outrank clubs seen as being outside the elite group but, among the elites we are not a preferred destination.

Trying to fix this needs to be a key objective for Clearlake.

We are reigning champions of the world, Pep every May falls into a black hole.
Is n't that a bit exaggerated ?
I can think only of the proverbial crabs as a reason we are not preferred destination.

4 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

We are reigning champions of the world, Pep every May falls into a black hole.
Is n't that a bit exaggerated ?
I can think only of the proverbial crabs as a reason we are not preferred destination.

OK, we have an honest disagreement then.

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

not free, his release clause (which had a fixed fee of €60m OR £54m) had to be paid

the fee in pounds was set when 60m euros equalled £54m, and was not a floating (at current FOREX) rate

many reports looked at the 60m euros and just did a real time conversion to pounds, thus yielding £51.5m, but this was not the case

0c671eed100bdfd8c036e49965cb1e59.png

Well, 150m - 60m = 90m saved plus whatever Haaland costs as a free player.
The reason was Lukaku who failed us.

Think Ziyech would struggle just as badly in the United side as he does here. So if we could get a nice little fee from them I wouldn’t actually mind. Stops them getting someone better.

Look at how Sancho has looked since joining them. 

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think Ziyech would struggle just as badly in the United side as he does here. So if we could get a nice little fee from them I wouldn’t actually mind. Stops them getting someone better.

Look at how Sancho has looked since joining them. 

How is the club planning to replace Werner, Ziyech and CHO? None of the alternatives seem like upgrades.