Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Is it now strictly for under 21's or are there allowances to play some players over this age.

I get your point on lowering the age, but if you had a first team player coming back from injury is this the only place they could get minutes outside of the first team picture when working back up to fitness?

Yes overaged players will continue to be allowed for exactly that reason. Eventually this will be restricted to three outfield players per game but, to allow teams to transition from U23 to U21 the allowance this year will be five overaged players. I'm not sure if it goes down to four next season and then to three for the season following that or if it goes straight to three next season.

Would be a huge boost to us if United signed a couple of midfielders now to confirm that they’ve moved on from De Jong. If they sign Rabiot and one other then that’ll signal they have indeed dropped their interest.

9 minutes ago, Hermione said:

United hasn't been the problem for days now, it's the fact Frenkie doesn't want to leave that sinking ship.

I wouldn’t call Barca a sinking ship, with the additions they have a squad that can compete with anyone. They will replace FDJ with Bernardo, which is an upgrade.

53 minutes ago, Hermione said:

United hasn't been the problem for days now, it's the fact Frenkie doesn't want to leave that sinking ship.

I just can’t imagine they’ve spent the entire summer desperately chasing him and have now just given up when his future still isn’t resolved.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I just can’t imagine they’ve spent the entire summer desperately chasing him and have now just given up when his future still isn’t resolved.

I don't think they have given up, but they have to get in a DM now McFred is still not working for them. Their back line is always under fire.

Sounds like Kepa to Napoli isn’t happening now. The club was probably planning for his wages to be off the books this summer so I wonder what happens now. Surely he’ll be desperately searching for a new club so he can try to get into the Spain WC squad.

28 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The bigger difference is we can wait out to the end of the transfer window to see if he becomes available or agrees to leave Barca because if it doesn't happen I don't think Tuchel has a problem with the options he already has this season. De Jong becomes a cherry on the top for us this window.

For United, it's essential they bring someone into their midfield and improve its quality and they can't really afford to wait on De Jong in hope in case they get left with nothing at the end.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Sounds like Kepa to Napoli isn’t happening now. The club was probably planning for his wages to be off the books this summer so I wonder what happens now. Surely he’ll be desperately searching for a new club so he can try to get into the Spain WC squad.

It was always reported that Chelsea would have to pay 75% of his wages during the loan and Napoli would only pay the remaining 25%. They'd have paid a decent loan fee though.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

It's all on him. He needs to accept a lower wage. 

On 07/08/2022 at 20:58, Superblue_1986 said:

City announced Haaland before our new owners were even confirmed so even if we hadn't signed Lukaku and tried laying groundwork for Haaland it would have been scuppered by the sanctions. Fair play to City they took full advantage of the situation.

I remember this:
Last summer Roman offered 150 million and Dortmund said no, they wanted to keep him.
That looked strange because next year -summer 22- the player was going to be free.
But after this and long before the Putin events everyone said "it's over for Haaland and Chelsea - he is due for City". Why ?
So we did not lose the player after the Putin events or in May.
Did we pull out then  because we thought Lukaku filled the place ?

1 hour ago, Mário César said:

I don't think we can get forfana from leicester

what others targets skysports talk?

I think we still might get him… if nothing happens before the end of this week, then we need to look elsewhere (we probably already are in parallel). Maybe go back to Skriniar, hope we’re not considering Pau Torres…

Edited by oldportblue

6 hours ago, cosmicway said:

I remember this:
Last summer Roman offered 150 million and Dortmund said no, they wanted to keep him.
That looked strange because next year -summer 22- the player was going to be free.
But after this and long before the Putin events everyone said "it's over for Haaland and Chelsea - he is due for City". Why ?
So we did not lose the player after the Putin events or in May.
Did we pull out then  because we thought Lukaku filled the place ?

Agreed. In a straight shoot out between us and City we were never going to win. In fact I think we could have faced another situation where a player might have accepted a lesser contract than we offered, and chosen to play for someone else instead. We outrank clubs seen as being outside the elite group but, among the elites we are not a preferred destination.

Trying to fix this needs to be a key objective for Clearlake.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

22 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Leipzig got Werner and Sesko I wonder if they would consider letting Nkunku go this summer. They put that release clause into his contract to remain another year but I don't think they anticipated Sesko and Werner coming back so maybe now if we overpay a bit they might let him go.

Sesko will remain at Salzburg on loan this season and then link up with Leipzig in the summer of 2023.

8 hours ago, cosmicway said:

not free, his release clause (which had a fixed fee of €60m OR £54m) had to be paid

the fee in pounds was set when 60m euros equalled £54m, and was not a floating (at current FOREX) rate

many reports looked at the 60m euros and just did a real time conversion to pounds, thus yielding £51.5m, but this was not the case

0c671eed100bdfd8c036e49965cb1e59.png

Edited by Vesper