Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Even Auba makes more sense than Zaha at this point. At least you’d know for certain that he’d only be here for a very short spell. Zaha we’d probably have to offer a 3-4 year contract and he’s just about to turn 30. That’s an absolute no-go.

31 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Even Auba makes more sense than Zaha at this point. At least you’d know for certain that he’d only be here for a very short spell. Zaha we’d probably have to offer a 3-4 year contract and he’s just about to turn 30. That’s an absolute no-go.

Aubameyang has a contract till 2025 at Barca worth £185K/wk so I doubt he'd take anything shorter than three years or accept any less wages than he's on at Barcelona if he were to move. Aubameyang is 33 years old and has been on the decline for a while now.

Anything more than a one year loan for Aubameyang would be madness.

4 minutes ago, Jype said:

Aubameyang has a contract till 2025 at Barca worth £185K/wk so I doubt he'd take anything shorter than three years or accept any less wages than he's on at Barcelona if he were to move. Aubameyang is 33 years old and has been on the decline for a while now.

Anything more than a one year loan for Aubameyang would be madness.

Good point. To be clear, I wasn’t calling for us to sign him. 

With Timo gone and CHO potentially going I wonder wtf we’re going to do, though!

Frenkie de Jong is reportedly refusing to negotiate with Chelsea and Manchester United, despite the two Premier League clubs being interested in signing the Barcelona midfielder. De Jong has been linked with a move to Old Trafford throughout the summer and United agreed a £63m fee with Barcelona last month, while Chelsea recently joined the race for his signature, but de Jong is refusing to consider a move, as things stand, according to Spanish outlet Sport. Meanwhile, Barcelona are currently trying to convince de Jong to take a reduction to his salary, but the Dutchman is not agreeing to their demands, and has made it clear that he will not be pressured into lowering his wages. This latest twist follows reports on Monday that Barcelona have told De Jong that they want to rip up his current contract and revert back to the one that he signed when he first joined in 2019.

This circus is unlikely to end before August 31   , 0:00 .

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Doesn’t spending a combined ~30m on a couple of teenaged midfielders suggest the De Jong rumors are kind of farfetched? I know the Italian kid if signed won’t be coming to the first team this season but still. 

I like the 'speculative' spending on teenagers but it has to be low cost. I like some of the earlier acquisitions more than Casadei but the principal is sound. It also syncs with the PL2 competition becoming U21 instead of U23. Playing 23 year-olds regularly in your reserve side is just wasting everyone's time. By that age players should be in the first team squad, out on loan, or out of the door.

13 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I like the 'speculative' spending on teenagers but it has to be low cost. I like some of the earlier acquisitions more than Casadei but the principal is sound. It also syncs with the PL2 competition becoming U21 instead of U23. Playing 23 year-olds regularly in your reserve side is just wasting everyone's time. By that age players should be in the first team squad, out on loan, or out of the door.

Is it now strictly for under 21's or are there allowances to play some players over this age.

I get your point on lowering the age, but if you had a first team player coming back from injury is this the only place they could get minutes outside of the first team picture when working back up to fitness?