Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

23 minutes ago, lucio said:

Werner over grandpa aubamayang any day , we actually smashed the CL knockouts with werner and won it , last season he did well vs Madrid too.

Werner's goal and assists record for us in the Champions League was actually very good, and I don't believe we ever lost a game in the Champions League that he played in either.

But that there probably shows the problem and why it likely wasn't going to ever work here. 

He gets the spaces in behind defences in Europe in the same way he did in the Bundesliga. Those spaces aren't there as often in the Premier League, especially for a possession heavy and dominant side or you need an exceptional creator to utilise the smaller spaces you usually get. 

Taking that away from his game unfortunately severely limits Werner because he just isn't that good technically. 

He'll do well in Germany again, the league suits him far better. 

De Jong leaving Barca at this point is probably going to take Xavi straight up telling him he’s not in his plans. Or more likely, Laporta making Xavi tell Frenkie he’s got to go for financial reasons.

We just have to position ourselves to be immediately ready to pounce if that happens. I’d like to think that terms have already been presented to him/his agent in the event that he decides to go.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Romano just tweeted- We are going again on Fofana with an improved bid, player wants the move, talks continue.

That's where I find Romano very annoying. He just re-posts the same piece of information over and over again without adding anything new in order to get tons of clicks, likes and re-tweets. Sure that's how he makes his money but he milks these reports way too much.

The information about the new bid came from Ben Jacobs first with a lot more detail than Romano's tweet.

1 minute ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I am about de Jong(ed) to death!

On a side note.....badges...we don't need no stinking badges!

+1

“hey! You just earned a badge for your first post“

erm … I have been posting on here for over a decade but thx for noticing I guess 😅

Doesn’t spending a combined ~30m on a couple of teenaged midfielders suggest the De Jong rumors are kind of farfetched? I know the Italian kid if signed won’t be coming to the first team this season but still. 

34 minutes ago, We Hate Scouse said:

Isn't Belotti available on a free? Surely worth a punt to sure up our forwards. 

Belotti and Aubameyang. Is it 2017 again? 

Just need Morata to pop up in some rumors to make it a hat trick.

On 08/08/2022 at 14:00, Pizy said:

I’d upgrade Pulisic if given the chance as well but that’s probably too much turnover at once.

with who?

there simply are few true quality options left even if you broaden it to either side winger (instead of the RW we need) and either foot or ambipedal

there are THREE atm (in bold), and I list the others we trued or could but will not do  

Christopher Nkunku    we will not buy him now, his release clause kicks in next summer
Jadon Sancho   Manure will not sell him to us, and I am not at all sold on him
Rafael Leão  crazy hard pull, so expensive, and he very rarely plays on the right, but I am listing him
Federico Chiesa  no chance we buy him now, as he is just getting back from a horrid knee injury
Serge Gnabry  doesn't want to come here
Moussa Diaby we should be bearing down hard on him
Mikel Oyarzabal out for months now with a bad knee injury
Kingsley Coman    doesn't want to come here
Leroy Sané   doesn't want to come here so far
Jarrod Bowen number once choice, but he be a crazy hard pull
Florian Wirtz   out for months now with a bad knee injury
Arnaut Danjuma  would be smart buy as he is primarily a CF now

Big drop off

'best' of the rest

Wilfried Zaha
Yéremy Pino