Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 minutes ago, DDA said:

Getting abit tired of it all now. 

Not one promising attacker linked.

That's very worrying to me.

The market for top attackers is as bad as it’s ever been. The options seem to be signing someone old and past their best like Auba, signing someone who simp,y isn’t that good but could be a stopgap like Memphis, or you take a punt on someone from a smaller club and hope for the best.

Feels like at this point we should take someone cheap who we can move on next summer if they don’t work.

I do not support paying very high amount on Fofana. Does it mean there aren't top quality centerbacks we can get without breaking the bank?

I do not feel transfer fee dictates how a player might perform for the team. Lots of good defenders of Fofana quality but with far cheaper transfer value. I do even think we need FDJ. Not the sort of creative midfielder we need. 

1 hour ago, Jype said:

Either that or his GF has told him she'll dump his ass if they have to move away from Barcelona. Those really are the only explanations that make any sense. 😂

edit: @ZAPHOD2319 beat me to it.

If that's the case she's down the fucking Road and lock the door on the way out! Lmao if any relationship is based on do what I want or I'll dump u then fucking dump them!!! Lol

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Why? We need him. Unless you want to see Azpi playing CB for the whole season?

The market for cbs is still decent. We can find alternatives. Also Trev, RJ and K2 can play rcb as well. It is not Fofana or bust 

14 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

The market for cbs is still decent. We can find alternatives. Also Trev, RJ and K2 can play rcb as well. It is not Fofana or bust 

If we have to rely on Trev or RJ to start a lot of games this season then we’re not making a serious step forward. 

We have to stop this “such and such player can play this position if necessary” mentality. This isn’t how a big club should operate. “Azpi can play this position, Reece James can play that position.” Yes, they can, but not as well as Fofana can.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If we have to rely on Trev or RJ to start a lot of games this season then we’re not making a serious step forward. 

We have to stop this “such and such player can play this position if necessary” mentality. This isn’t how a big club should operate. “Azpi can play this position, Reece James can play that position.” Yes, they can, but not as well as Fofana can.

wouldn’t Cucurella more likely to play CB if Chillwill stay healthy?

11 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

We're overpaying and on course to set a bad precedent going forward. 

Cucurella was bad enough IMO.

True that we’re overpaying but I don’t agree about it setting a bad precedent. The precedent has already been set by multiple PL clubs. If you want a player from a fellow PL club and they 1) have multiple years left on their deals and 2) their current clubs don’t actually want to sell them, you’re going to have to pay mega money.

28 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

We're overpaying and on course to set a bad precedent going forward. 

Cucurella was bad enough IMO.

We paid £50m for Torres yet in the 18 months after got Hazard and Mata for marginally more combined. We got Kovacic for the same price as Bakayoko.

Circumstances dictate pricetag, not prior transfers.

Edited by Tomo

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

True that we’re overpaying but I don’t agree about it setting a bad precedent. The precedent has already been set by multiple PL clubs. If you want a player from a fellow PL club and they 1) have multiple years left on their deals and 2) their current clubs don’t actually want to sell them, you’re going to have to pay mega money.

You don't have to bow down to others' demands while there's talent overseas. If we seriously put down a £85m bid for Fofana, we should be directing that amount to Leipzig & probably have a deal wrapped up. 

We signed Cucurella for more than £60 million and could spend up to £85 million on Fofana. What are West Ham going to say if we go after Rice next summer, £150m?

When the likes of City and PSG are turning down deals for high prices, it tells you a lot. There's a big difference between value & plain stupidity.   

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

We paid £50m for Torres yet in the 18 months after got Hazard and Mata for marginally more combined. We got Kovacic for the same price as Bakayoko.

Circumstances dictate pricetag, not prior transfers.

Talking about deals almost a decade ago is irrelevant.  

Also, the second comparison is incorrect - Tiemoué Bakayoko - Transfer history | Transfermarkt (£36m)

Mateo Kovacic - Transfer history | Transfermarkt (£40.50m)

Edited by LAM09