Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Chelsea have a clear run to complete their £55m deal for Sevilla's Jules Kounde after Barcelona switched to other targets.

The Catalan giants have been priced out of the race by the Blues and have now begun work to sign Inigo Martinez from Athletic Club instead.

It leaves the new Boehly-Clearlake owners needing to just agree a fee with the La Liga outfit for Kounde, and they are close to doing so having matched their valuation with remaining negotiations focusing on the structure of add-on clauses.

With the 23-year-old France international having already agreed a five-year deal with Chelsea until 2027, these talks will be the final hurdle to complete the transfer.

When the deal is done, Chelsea will have completed three out of a requested five major transfers this summer.

Thomas Tuchel has told sporting director Todd Boehly that he needs major reinforcements to his defence and wants to add Paris Saint-Germain defender Presnel Kimpembe next.

There are concerns about his desire to leave his boyhood club even after Thiago Silva and N'Golo Kante attempted to talk him around.

The Blues could switch their attention to RB Leipzig's Josko Gvardiol if that approach fails but his club are reluctant to sell and the deal would be further complicated by the structure of agents around the Croatian.

The signing of Kounde could allow Cesar Azpilicueta to finally leave for Barcelona, something he has repeatedly requested. The Spaniard is keen to make the switch and sign a two-year contract at the Camp Nou.

The sale of Azpilicueta would allow Tuchel to consider venturing into the market for wing-backs towards the end of the transfer window.

Wasn't this the dude who broke the news on De Ligt to Bayern? Could be something in it. 

Would definitely let him go if a decent offer comes in. 

Edited by Jype

4 minutes ago, Jype said:

Wasn't this the dude who broke the news on De Ligt to Bayern? Could be something in it. 

Would definitely let him go if a decent offer comes in. 

The problem is not many clubs can afford his wage+transfer fee, or else we already sold him by now.

Will be shocked if we signed somebody else for our back 3 unless it’s something like Gvardiol but with an immediate loan back for a year. I only see us signing a WB and a DM now.

As doesnt appear like we gonna be offloading the amount expected before.

Edited by Duppy Conqueror
Typo

Too weak minded Werner for me. Too much is made of his so called off the ball runs but he does fuck all with it at his feet.

Not a number 9 because he's got the body of a child and limited skill set for the wide positions. You can rule him out of one position just simply based on the signing of Sterling alone.

I want another really trick winger for the right side signed, I do not trust CHO one bit and hang on hope that Puli can be that but I'm not sure

17 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

The problem is not many clubs can afford his wage+transfer fee, or else we already sold him by now.

Yeah for sure getting rid of Timo won't be easy because of his high salary.

I don't really see a market for him either and haven't even considered his future to be in question because of that but if Tuchel and the player both want a move to happen then maybe a solution can be found? Boehly already showed with Lukaku he can be ruthless if there's a willingness from all parties to make something happen, even if it's not necessarily the best deal for the club financially.

Just now, Hermione said:

Time will tell with Kounde I guess now that he is coming but we most likely overpaid both in transfer fee and salary. Anyways, I guess we're done this summer.

Most reports are saying the club and Tuchel still want two more signings done but any more incoming signings probably depend a lot on who the club can sell.

Edited by Jype

We need an out and out goalscoring striker... one that cab drop deeper and play the wings in. This Scamacca lad looks ideal honestly.

Not too expensive either.

Edited by DDA

10 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Time will tell with Kounde I guess now that he is coming but we most likely overpaid both in transfer fee and salary. Anyways, I guess we're done this summer.

I would be shocked if we are done. Raphinha bid makes me think we deffo after another attacking player.

10 minutes ago, DDA said:

We need an out and out goalscoring striker... one that cab drop deeper and play the wings in. This Scamacca lad looks ideal honestly.

I'd of gone for weghorst from Burnley. Looked really good when he signed, just to give that different attacking style in some games or situations than kai.

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Hopefully we aren't what's the point searching at the bottom of the barrel, just wait until better options show up next summer. Unless it's Leao or Neymar someone who has certain quality no point risking.

There are wingbacks and midfielders worth getting. True quality forwards are scarce, but sometimes a club decides to part with one at the end of the window. 

1 hour ago, Jype said:

It was always so obvious Gerard Romero's claims of €12M net per year were bullshit but the Barca fans took it as gospel. This victim mentality was always ridiculous

exactly, as soon as I saw that claim I called bullshit

as that is over £380K PW gross

no chance in hell we dump out that much on any CB unless VVD was 26, 27yo, and not turning 32 a little less than a year from now

maybe a 30yo Thiago (but who was to know he would remain WC until he was at least 38yo?) and maybe a 25. 26yo KK

I cannot see us even dropping that much for any of these (the top 5 most valuable on T-Markt)

maybe, maybe Dias, and maybe, maybe, down the road, de Ligt

bcbf1feae56b3d30bd67ff5c3a060dcf.png

Edited by Vesper

Scamacca for me would be a huge risk. One great season after like 5 loans prior to that. Coming from a small Italian team. Huge potential bust there. 

I think we need to continue our trend this window of getting players who are ready to slot straight in and not take ages to get used to things. Koulibaly, Sterling, and Koundé should all go straight into the starting XI without much issue.

Any forward or wing signing we make now will hopefully be the same. Someone with lots of experience in a big team with proven pedigree and limited risk. Who that is, I don’t know…

24 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Too weak minded Werner for me. Too much is made of his so called off the ball runs but he does fuck all with it at his feet.

Not a number 9 because he's got the body of a child and limited skill set for the wide positions. You can rule him out of one position just simply based on the signing of Sterling alone.

I want another really trick winger for the right side signed, I do not trust CHO one bit and hang on hope that Puli can be that but I'm not sure

I think he's anything but "weak-minded." The guy was on a massive stretch without a goal, yet he still didn't shy away and put himself in positions on the field to help the team. His inconsistency, which was for all to see at RB Leipzig, is the reason people shouldn't be worried if he moves on.

16 minutes ago, DDA said:

Not too expensive either.

It's never a smart idea to go after someone that has only had one semi-decent season under their belt. He gives off these Belotti vibes, for better or worse.

Edited by LAM09

My gut feeling is we won't sign any wingbacks because of several reasons:

1. We have Livramento buy-back next year.

2. Tuchel could consider using Sterling or Kounde for 1 year until we sign Livramento.

3. Still struggling to offload both Emerson and Alonso.