Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

it’s making me very sad watching Man City again today — how many players have they signed/resigned in this window —3 or 4 ? And they are a million miles in front of us !!!

30 minutes ago, Seymop said:

it’s making me very sad watching Man City again today — how many players have they signed/resigned in this window —3 or 4 ? And they are a million miles in front of us !!!

Ofc they are. They have the same manager for 7 years(and not even a crap one) who build the whole squad himself. Almost all of his key players have been there for 4+ years, they are a TEAM.

We are a large group of players, selected by several different coaches with several different styles, our longest serving players(who are in the rotation) have been here for like 1.5 seasons.. 

Why wouldn’t City be miles ahead us? Hard work and continuity pays off, it would be a miracle if the mess we have been doing recent years would lead into a top team instantly.

47 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Yea and when the name first came up 99% of the fanbase was laughing and was calling our board clowns. 

I came around to him

I was not happy at first, talked some shit, but then did deeper dives, and was sold on him

423b4fdfe907310b3bf21763ece31c8f.pnga40e49ea1e5c94f459c6da476aed761b.png

cdf1d168637d0fa6d839b831dc9e8042.png

68741acd535227a174c60f1e611098ed.png

7a3801c267a322cdcb92904f6045487d.png

1 hour ago, Gundalf said:

Yea and when the name first came up 99% of the fanbase was laughing and was calling our board clowns. 

I know right after winning all this silverware I feel like taking a shower and never criticize the board again. 😅

It’s way too early…

Funny is that the same folks who told us over and over that everything was perfect last season are now acting as if they’ve been right all along.

That roster of last season was one of the worst I’ve seen at this club: just not enough quality up front which is entirely changed now.

Edited by robsblubot

1 hour ago, Seymop said:

2 and one of those was a free return

they spent 25m euros total, and sold off 141m euros, lolol

Savinho    Savinho
Right Winger
20    Brazil    
ESTAC Troyes    Troyes
France Championnat National
€25.00m

İlkay Gündoğan    İlkay Gündoğan
Central Midfield
33    Germany    
FC Barcelona    Barcelona
Spain LaLiga
free transfer

Edited by Vesper

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

so why did we try to sell him for £20m to Strasbourg?

lolol

it was a dodgy deal and all the PTB immediately said they were going to investigate (FIFA, EPL, UEFA)

so we reversed

They should also investigate his former club, how the fuck did we paid 20m for someone with no professional games.

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Can someone please ban this racist bellend troll please?

They are now sending me hate PMs.

Screenshot-20240831-211155-Chrome.jpg

He should have put get not got, bloody idiot, but jokes aside, wtf is that all about, arsehole.

my bet is this is a regular with a second account, knows as much about you as a long standing member.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

I'd personally refrain from telling people to fuck off because they have different opinion on general success of our transfer window, but it doesn't stop me from asking wtf with those pms, do not do this kind of shit, especially over fucking football forum.

2 hours ago, Mário César said:

maybe we screw up with failing to sign duran?

This would make sense if he stayed one more year playing PL football instead of rotting in queue to our gym equipment and would save Villa from seeking last minute replacement, but do those kind of deals even happen between clubs from same league? Would be sorta toxic one way or another.

36 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

They should also investigate his former club, how the fuck did we paid 20m for someone with no professional games.

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

£13.5 million

To Santos.

Not very different from the ongoing deal with Gabriel Mec from Gremio.

He has a hard time playing against U20 as a 16yo.

Edited by robsblubot

Chelsea's problem isn't scoring goals and I even think that, even if we don't score, we have a lot of talent up front

the problems are the goalkeeper, central defense and lack of depth in midfield

I think NJ and Nkunku are enough to last at least until January and then we'll be able to see a better and calmer solution.