Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

56 minutes ago, JFKvsNixon said:

From listening to retired  footballers talk on podcasts I believe that footballers receive their signing on bonus monthly, spread over the term of their contract. If I remember correctly and I'm happy to be put right if I'm wrong, if the player asks to leave they don't receive it, but if the player's moved on they have a claim on it.  It may well be that Sterling wants to clarify this.

Yes I believe you're right. I think that is also the only reason "transfer requests" have any meaning - it means the player has agreed to forfeit that money to go.

7 hours ago, whats happening said:

if duran has that much of a potential why would villa be okay with selling him. doesnt make sense to me.

It's not about potential, it's about getting an inflated fee for a player who needs to be developed.   Right now Duran isn't a 50 million striker and Villa would take that deal any day of the week as Emery would just go into his Spanish contacts and find another attacker. 

Atletico tried to do that with Samu and if it wasn't for that last minute change, we would have paid 40+ million for him...

Duran could become a great striker, but at the moment Chelsea is not the right place. he would not get enough minutes to develope here and if he misses some chances he would be on the bench. 

its osimhen or nothing at the moment.  we also have jackson, nkunku, felix who can play as a striker so we dont need another deveopment striker who maybe can help us in 2-3 seasons. better he can develope at aston villa and we buy him when he is a finished product. 

Seriously, we shouldn't be worried about signings. We need to sell/loan like crazy. Kepa, Chilwell, Sterling and Lukaku are about £1m a week in wages. Cannot have them just sitting around, even if it is for half a season. 

23 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Seriously, we shouldn't be worried about signings. We need to sell/loan like crazy. Kepa, Chilwell, Sterling and Lukaku are about £1m a week in wages. Cannot have them just sitting around, even if it is for half a season. 

Haven't seen any links for Chilwell or Sterling (other than the Sancho swap deal which makes zero sense). 

Seb basically being cancelled by Chelsea twitter right now. He used to post articles about Mikel 12 years ago, emphasising he was the most important player. These days only talks about height and headers, and how can we usher in some Ligue 1 beasts. It’s about time. He’s been in a chat with Alex Goldberg peddling him views hoping for reposts, which was happening. He’s correct about Olise, the best winger in the league, well done. But does not grasp half of football. Called Palmer a mid player multiple times past 6 weeks. 0 influencer accounts on twitter from the fanbase know what they’re talking about. Can commit your life to the game for over a decade and still not get it. Depends framework used. 

Edited by IMissEden