Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think Sterling would be very good for Villa. Which of course means stiffer competition for us for top 4.

But Sterling was never going to move to some small club so this may be our only choice.

Agreed. That's a difficult take and also the right one when analyzing outgoing players who failed to deliver at the club. We also make an assumption that they will be the same under (often) completely different circumstances.

They are all good footballers. Sterling in particular has accomplished quite a bit in his career, and it's actual pretty likely he will deliver good performances for Villa.

Nobhead Stefan on talksport radio again spouting about Chelsea. Same guy who said we need to sell £100m before June or we are up the creek, now up the creek on with a points deduction for admitted dodgy payments under prior ownership.

Yawn, deflect from City again and again and again.

7 hours ago, whats happening said:

sterling disrespected the club and his teammates few times last season. i dont give a fuck what happens with him. he can rot in the reserves until his contract runs out.

he was supposed to be a leader and a veteran presence for this very young team, but instead of that he was one of the biggest dickheads around.

Maybe I am oblivious or not on the same page, but please tell me where he disrespected the club and his teammates last season? I am interested to hear.

15 minutes ago, Stats said:

Maybe I am oblivious or not on the same page, but please tell me where he disrespected the club and his teammates last season? I am interested to hear.

maybe when he was selfish as fuck, like he was alone on the pitch. then the penalty fiasco and going against what was agreed upon before the game. simply egotistical scumbag.

20 minutes ago, whats happening said:

maybe when he was selfish as fuck, like he was alone on the pitch. then the penalty fiasco and going against what was agreed upon before the game. simply egotistical scumbag.

Being selfish does not mean he disrespected the club. Is Ronaldo therefore disrespecting Portugal when he takes every free kick, when it rarely if ever goes in?

The penalty fiasco was selfish, but he wanted to prove a point and it backfired. Being selfish for pulling ranks is not disrespecting the club. Yes, I agree he has had selfish moments here but he never disrespected the club.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

Being selfish does not mean he disrespected the club. Is Ronaldo therefore disrespecting Portugal when he takes every free kick, when it rarely if ever goes in?

The penalty fiasco was selfish, but he wanted to prove a point and it backfired. Being selfish for pulling ranks is not disrespecting the club. Yes, I agree he has had selfish moments here but he never disrespected the club.

He did on Sunday 

Crystal Palace are among a number of clubs to express an interest in exploring a deal for #Chelsea winger Raheem Sterling.

[via @sr_collings]

5 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

He did on Sunday 

Won't dispute that but last season he did not disrespect the club.

Anyway moving on, really pleased to see Maresca's comments on Madueke and to see he plans on keeping him around. Big fan of his and while I accept he has improving to do, he is a real maverick and is a different type of wildcard to have.

18 hours ago, IMissEden said:

What I want is some 28 year old gem scoring for fun in Denmark or China to come prove his worth with a climbing up mentality, form and confidence of a best in league striker.

Football at the top level and in the best league on the planet does not work like this.

Maybe decades ago, but not now.

16 hours ago, whats happening said:

sterling disrespected the club and his teammates few times last season. i dont give a fuck what happens with him. he can rot in the reserves until his contract runs out.

he was supposed to be a leader and a veteran presence for this very young team, but instead of that he was one of the biggest dickheads around.

• Maresca: “They can even have 20 years contract, it’s not my point. I don’t care.”

Not to anyone Sterlings age. It was in original comment, that it makes sense following Liverpool City Chelsea, to go there. That’s not exactly calling them small. 

I think Madueke can be moulded into a top player, I see him doing things in game that are really impressive, he has stuff to work on but if your comparing him to the new born Ukranian deer on the other side there is no contest. 

43 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I think Madueke can be moulded into a top player, I see him doing things in game that are really impressive, he has stuff to work on but if your comparing him to the new born Ukranian deer on the other side there is no contest. 

Yeah, I like him a lot too. Direct, has a bit of confidence/attitude, works hard and knows where the goal is. For sure, he isn't a technical God but he has developed consistently this year and continues to improve. 

I wouldn't be selling him either.