No Charity Shield

No FIFA World Club Cup

plus

we do not know how deep we go in

The League Cup

The FA Cup

or

The UEFA Conference Leage

Potentially it could be. These 3 first you mentioned were 4 games max.

Now if we go all the way in CWC it's 7 games. In Conference with qualification 15 games instead of 13 max before in CL when you start group stage. 

Our record was 69 in 12/13 season. 

I expect for sure we play 15 in Conference League. So yeah, depending how deep we go in Fa Cup, League Cup and CWC it could be first 70+ games season. 

8 hours ago, mkh said:

signing a new centre-back to potentially replace Axel Disasi

by far the one I would go for:

first choice (and is right footed):

1cbe3c2e17ad8a73caef0b701dd547f1.png

second choice (and is a left footed player)

df38342937cc19c32c3e6a1b07cfcbd7.png

as these are all gone (strikethrough), soon gone, or not available or long term injured or far too expensive:

Ronald Araujo long term injured, too expensive
Alessandro Bastoni too expensive, will not move (perhaps ever until he is in his 30s)
Bremer   too expensive, will not move this late
Leny Yoro 
Marquinhos  will not move here perhaps, age is an issue
António Silva too expensive (€100m)
Giorgio Scalvini  long term injured
Gonçalo Inácio soon gone from the board
Riccardo Calafiori 
Jarrad Branthwaite  too expensive for the quality IMHO
Piero Hincapié soon gone from the board
Robin Le Normand 
Willian Pacho  
Jean-Clair Todibo 
Alessandro Buongiorno

Pau Cubarsí won't come
Perr Schuurs  
Taylor Harwood-Bellis

other options

Ousmane Diomande (although very expensive and I am not yet sold on him 100 per cent)
Castello Lukeba   
Murillo
Mohamed Simakan   
Jorrel Hato  (youth)
Milan Skriniar   (probably too old for this ownership)
Malick Thiaw    
Evan Ndicka   
Kevin Danso 
Jarell Quansah (cannot see Pool selling him to us, though)
Isak Hien  
Yarek Gasiorowski  (youth)

Would Duran even make sense now? We need a striker who comes is the unquestioned #1 option who pushes Jackson to become his backup. Duran doesn’t come in and displace Nico. He’s another project player which isn’t what we need. We have to get someone who from day 1 you slot into the XI and they’re ready to start banging then in.

If we get anyone it HAS to be either Osimhen or Toney at this stage. Toney would be really underwhelming for me but makes more sense than Duran for THIS season. 

We’ve got enough developmental projects. Get the finished article already!

10 hours ago, King Kante said:

Also, as an aside, does anyone know what is going on with Palace? They're about to sell Anderson and Guehi looks bound for Newcastle. Both of them are there main CB's and they don't have much depth there. 

Crystal Palace bid for Wolfsburg’s Lacroix as Andersen heads to Fulham

Palace offer £12m plus add-ons for centre-back

Fulham’s £30m bid for Anderson is accepted

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/aug/21/crystal-palace-lacroix-andersen-fulham-transfers

2700.jpg?width=620&dpr=2&s=none

18 minutes ago, whats happening said:

duran scores one goal and now everyone wants him 🤣

He’s a stud. Proper striker. Was saying that before the start of the season. 

Once he gets a consistent starting role he’ll be firing goals in. Just has IT. 

7 hours ago, whats happening said:

i hope youre not talking about sterling

Yes, I am. I get it his statement, was not ideal, but realistically, would the situation have changed in any case? No. He effectively has been told you have just over a week to find a new team or rot in reserves or go to Saudi. He won't go Saudi nor will he stay I am sure. Pretty sure, some agreement will happen over his wages, where he will take a paycut. If this is Maresca's decision then fair enough but just feels for me a lot of this is driven from the board and Maresca is speaking for them.

Anyway, like I said I will support the team regardless of whatever goes on above, however I do not approve of the owners scattergun strategy. 

On a sidenote, saw a funny thing where someone said it is not worth getting a Chelsea player on the back of your t-shirt, because the chances are by the time it is printed, they will be gone. Besides Palmer, I guess you can say.

Anyway, that being said, I have always liked Neto and think he is a fantastic player. Just think there is a way to be ruthless and having a respectable manner of doing things.

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

duran scores one goal and now everyone wants him 🤣

I was ok with Duran long before that goal

I posted proof of that already

I pushed hard for J David, but the board doesn't rate him at all

I truly rated only a few enough to buy (and were remotely available):

Lautaro (before he renewed, now he is off the board for good)

Julián Alvarez (Atletico Madrid now)

Victor Osimhen

Dušan Vlahović

Jonathan David

Ollie Watkins

Mathys Tel (renewed with Bayern)

Jhon Durán

Joshua Zirkzee (Manure pull)

I am a bit wobbly on Toney and Benjamin Šeško (Šeško of course took himself off the table) and Viktor Gyökeres (for the crazy price demanded)

Isak is too expensive for the risk of injuries he presents ATM

Need to see one more season (this one) before I hop on the Loïs Openda train.

That's it atm......

9 hours ago, Pizy said:

Man, I wanted us to sign him badly last summer. And wasn’t there talk of it taking £50m or more? I know his contract has run down since then but it seems like no top team is interested in him at all.

I didn’t hear anything about him last season so I’m guessing he didn’t do much? I remember a lot of posters here were skeptical of him and didn’t want us to buy him and it appears they’ve been proven correct.

I have been against buying him for ages.

No end product.

Tricks and flicks TikTok FC luxury player, plus a bad attitude 

8 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Good, get him off Malmö 

Such a depressing year so far in Sweden in our Allsvenskan for me as an AIK girl.

The 3 teams I hate are First, Second,  and Third 

1. Malmö 

2. Hammarby (I live in their poshest area of support)

3. Djurgården (who is our most bitter rival, the derby is called Tvillingderbyt aka The Derby of the Twins)

We are only 1 point above being in the bottom half. 😞

AIK_logo.svg

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Potentially it could be. These 3 first you mentioned were 4 games max.

Now if we go all the way in CWC it's 7 games. In Conference with qualification 15 games instead of 13 max before in CL when you start group stage. 

Our record was 69 in 12/13 season. 

I expect for sure we play 15 in Conference League. So yeah, depending how deep we go in Fa Cup, League Cup and CWC it could be first 70+ games season. 

There is no FIFACWC this season. Citeh retain the badge.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

There is no FIFACWC this season. Citeh retain the badge.

You sure? My latest info was it was being held between June 15 and July 13 2025 in the US. I hope I get a refund for the tickets then lol 

So it sounds like we are still in for Osimhen, but like some I wouldn't rule our Duran at the last minute

Mana is in London today and is ready close the deal for Lukaku so I assume the talks will also be about VO, it's being reported the deal for Lukaku could be done in the next two days

I love how Twitter is all KENDRY PAEZ ESTEVAO THE BOCA CB. Here is realistic. Up to speed. Never been behind so to say vs the late adopters to the club on other platforms, platforms that obviously sooner nab the youngest kids, vs a forum. Like a haven in here that there is even some sense. No sense on Reddit, gets bombed, no sense on Twitter, a USA vs Rest of World fans war right now. Neither platform ever acknowledging plain as day necessary issues. Both far easier to bot and control via PR than a true fan forum.