Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

23 minutes ago, manpe said:

Does anybody even care who we sign anymore? I don't, they're all average mercenaries anyway. I couldn't care less about anybody in the squad once Gallagher and Chalobah leave, the last carriers of Chelsea DNA (Reece also but he's not gonna play a lot). A team of average mercenaries is what we've become and no signing is gonna change that.

The alleged Dodgers strategy won't help either. If the club operates with idea of flipping players asap there is no incentive for them to actually care for the club but rather try to show off as much as possible for their next move.

Funny how fast we are losing the reputation factor also; for last 15 or so years we were in line with Juve, Barca, United etc - playing for Chelsea was nobilitation and aim in itself. Ever heard of some abroad player dreaming to play for Southampton or Crystal Palace? It's a job for them and this is what we are becoming, smaller club mentality.  

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Crazy how 1 “bad” result (were people actually expecting us to beat the champions?) can send some of you into a depression.

Recently I was thinking how Clearlake promised excitement and all we get is frustration and your optimism seems to prove contrary and that's unironically a comforting sign.

Don't know about others, but personally I'm not depressed, just fed up. A short bursts of doing basic footballing stuff on this level isn't quite the thing to get me going. All the good things are overshadowed by the fact that we still carry the same glaring issues we did last season, two seasons before or even towards the end of previous ownership.

Also:

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think that with a top class #9 and a little bit of time we’ll be just fine and well in play for a top 4 finish.

Yeah, maybe so, maybe not, but if you scroll this board back you will read exactly the same sentence year before, two years before and three years before. Also four and five probably.

I don't care we lost to City (or rather 65% of actual City's power), I care I didn't quite see us being remotely a threat to them and didn't see anyone willing to eat the grass to make us so.

Edited by Vegetable

6 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Recently I was thinking how Clearlake promised excitement and all we get is frustration and your optimism seems to prove contrary and that's unironically a comforting sign.

Don't know about others, but personally I'm not depressed, just fed up. A short bursts of doing basic footballing stuff on this level isn't quite the thing to get me going. All the good things are overshadowed by the fact that we still carry the same glaring issues we did last season, two seasons before or even towards the end of previous ownership.

Also:

Yeah, maybe so, maybe not, but if you scroll this board back you will read exactly the same sentence year before, two years before and three years before. Also four and five probably.

I don't care we lost to City (or rather 65% of actual City's power), I care I didn't quite see us being remotely a threat to them and didn't see anyone willing to eat the grass to make us so.

See, to me the biggest issue last season was the complete lack of any semblance whatsoever of a set way of playing. We just kind of ran around chaotically. Which is why so many (mostly English supporters) love Gallagher so much because he thrived in that environment.

So I actually don’t see the same old issues. I can actually see a style taking shape and think we’re already easier on the eye in possession. What we need now is just time and games. I think we’ll gradually look more and more comfortable.

Unless you mean glaring issues in terms of individual players/positions. Then I’d agree in specific cases like the GK, Nico Jackson, and Enzo’s strange position.

Felix given a new squad number and traveling/available for Atleti’s match tonight. So clearly this move isn’t nearly as close as all the reporters have said for like a week.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Felix given a new squad number and traveling/available for Atleti’s match tonight. So clearly this move isn’t nearly as close as all the reporters have said for like a week.

That also could mean feck all, as it is hardly something that sets anything in stone. Could easily be a negotiating tactic. I mean let's face it, AM have been trying to ship him for 18-24 months now, can't see how they now think he is integral because there is about £5-10m disagreement on price. 

5 minutes ago, King Kante said:

That also could mean feck all, as it is hardly something that sets anything in stone. Could easily be a negotiating tactic. I mean let's face it, AM have been trying to ship him for 18-24 months now, can't see how they now think he is integral because there is about £5-10m disagreement on price. 

Oh, the move is surely still going to happen. But it doesn’t appear like it could happen at any minute like some have made it seem. Otherwise they’d keep him out/away from the team like they’re doing Omorodion or like we’re doing with Gallagher.

Crystal Palace is willing to put £42.6m deal on the table for the services of Carney Chukwuemeka and Trevoh Chalobah

(SUN)

Going into the season without a clinical #9 would yet again just be poor all around. Guiu coming on for Jackson basically ended the game there. 

Yesterday showed yet again that despite how talented Jackson is, he doesn't have those instincts you'd find in a fox in the box striker. 

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Going into the season without a clinical #9 would yet again just be poor all around. Guiu coming on for Jackson basically ended the game there. 

Yesterday showed yet again that despite how talented Jackson is, he doesn't have those instincts you'd find in a fox in the box striker. 

Exactly, both garbage

Anyway, Romano now saying Felix to Chelsea is very close and well advanced