Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

I imagine any supposed interest in Joe Gomez is the typical "Hey we'll buy your £0 book value player for £40m if you'll buy our £0 book value player for £40m" - maybe Chalobah?

The interest in Gomez doesn't even make sense....if we're going for a new CB, it should be Chalobah + cash for Guehi.  

Fabrizio confirming PSG is likely to go for a striker now that Goncalo Ramos is out for months.

So there’s Osimhen off the table for us, surely.

25 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Fabrizio confirming PSG is likely to go for a striker now that Goncalo Ramos is out for months.

So there’s Osimhen off the table for us, surely.

That moron "confirmed" everything and their opposite already, shouldn't blindly trust everything he says.

10 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

That moron "confirmed" everything and their opposite already, shouldn't blindly trust everything he says.

Fabrice Hawkins who is a French football reporter and is very reliable I believe (was the first to break the news that we were signing Neto) has also said that PSG could go for a new striker.

You know PSG are always after big names and star power. With us haggling and dragging our feet for weeks it may very well have annoyed Osimhen. He can go to the weak as hell French league, score a boat load of goals easily, and surely earn even more than his already high Napoli wages.

It’s a no brainer for them and for him. So I hope the club has another plan, whether that’s some other striker or sitting on what we have and not panicking.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Inter Milan Identify Out-Of-Contract Ligue 1 Striker Jonathan David As Early Tranfer Target For Next Summer

https://sempreinter.com/2024/08/16/inter-milan-identify-jonathan-david-early-transfer-target-next-summer/

We should've signed him instead of this Osimhen.

4 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

We should've signed him instead of this Osimhen.

dog knows I have been pushing for him for ages

but clearly we do not rate him for shit

madness as he would only cost 20m quid or so now

same for only £25m last season and 30-35m or so this season for Mamardashvili at GK

Just now, Vesper said:

Dušan Vlahović and Isak are the clear best CFs left if VO is going to PSG

but

so late in the window

Zero chance Isak could be had. Wasn’t it reported that they would’ve asked £100m+ for him earlier in this window when they were still in PSR trouble? Probably be even more now.

Osimhen was/is the only “top” striker we know we can get if we simply pay the wages. It’s a deal that could’ve been extremely easy with them badly wanting Lukaku. Instead, we mess around for weeks and now PSG’s striker picks up a fluke injury at the worst possible time.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Zero chance Isak could be had. Wasn’t it reported that they would’ve asked £100m+ for him earlier in this window when they were still in PSR trouble? Probably be even more now.

Osimhen was/is the only “top” striker we know we can get if we simply pay the wages. It’s a deal that could’ve been extremely easy with them badly wanting Lukaku. Instead, we mess around for weeks and now PSG’s striker picks up a fluke injury at the worst possible time.

Why so desperate for us to pay huge money for Osimhen and put him on a super expensive contract? With his injury record? And one season in his career where everything he touched went in? In Italy? We've seen so many players fail to even get close to their performance in either Italy or the Bundesliga when coming to PL - some do, some don't. Huge risk to pay big for him imo, could set us back for years if it goes wrong.

I don't get the desperation personally. It is Napoli that are desperate, not us.

1 minute ago, Mhsc said:

Why so desperate for us to pay huge money for Osimhen and put him on a super expensive contract? With his injury record? And one season in his career where everything he touched went in? In Italy? We've seen so many players fail to even get close to their performance in either Italy or the Bundesliga when coming to PL - some do, some don't. Huge risk to pay big for him imo, could set us back for years if it goes wrong.

I don't get the desperation personally. It is Napoli that are desperate, not us.

Not desperate at all from me. Just think it lined up perfectly for us to get him on a significant discount compared to what his price was even a few months ago. I’m skeptical he will reach world class level too but for Lukaku as part exchange to lower the fee it’s something we probably shouldn’t pass up.

31 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Inter Milan Identify Out-Of-Contract Ligue 1 Striker Jonathan David As Early Tranfer Target For Next Summer

https://sempreinter.com/2024/08/16/inter-milan-identify-jonathan-david-early-transfer-target-next-summer/

All that speculation around a month ago about several teams interested, however not one official bid for a player who is a good age, not high wages and not high fee. Wonder what it is...

1 minute ago, Stats said:

All that speculation around a month ago about several teams interested, however not one official bid for a player who is a good age, not high wages and not high fee. Wonder what it is...

Imo Jonathon & his agent probably told all suitors that he is moving on a free in 2025 and not interested in any move before then, told them to wait and talk in Jan. That's what I'd do. 

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Not desperate at all from me. Just think it lined up perfectly for us to get him on a significant discount compared to what his price was even a few months ago. I’m skeptical he will reach world class level too but for Lukaku as part exchange to lower the fee it’s something we probably shouldn’t pass up.

If PSG come in with a big offer and take him off their hands for stupid money then that should just unlock a Lukaku transfer with them paying full price for him

12 minutes ago, Stats said:

The more I watched of him, the more I understood why no one has gone for him. 

He goes missing. Its like playing with one less player. He can pop up at the right moment every now and then, but he does so much wrong on the pitch. Far better poachers out there. 

34 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The question is not what his price was at any time in the past, the question is what is his value now. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course, but in my eye that value is a good deal less Lukaku + Casadei + £50m. For a player with a big salary and few, if any, other potential buyers, that's a ludicrous transfer fee to pay.

Sooner or later we are going to have to break the cycle of putting ourselves in desperate situations, then allowing clubs to exploit our self-imposed difficulties. Ending that cycle might cost us a fortune in salaries paid, and transfer fees lost. Not ending it will cost us a heck of a lot more, financially and sportingly

Edited by OhForAGreavsie