Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Deivid Washington could be sold for an acceptable offer. He is also a candidate for one of the remaining international loan spots.

• Lesley Ugochukwu was expected to depart on loan soon after Chelsea’s return from the States a week ago, but he's still at Cobham. He could also be sold, but recouping more than the £23.5million paid to French side Rennes for him 12 months ago may prove difficult.

On return from injury, £19 million new signing Omari Kellyman began his return to action with the development squad.

(@TheAthleticFC)

Club is desperate to sell Gallagher and will do it for 10% of his worth and happily pay twice the asking price for player with no place in the team, that's what will happen I guess.  Who cares the whole "pRoFiT oN bOoKs" argument kinda falls down if he is gone for penauts.

Funny to think Marina had no real businness background yet managed to be way more effective, than business people of gigantic investment fund.

Edited by Vegetable

Will there be quiet mistakes in commitments with players from Washington, Ugochukwu, Angelo, Moreira, Datro Fofana, Casadei, Disasi, Sturge, Matos.
Admitted....🤔🫡

6 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Club is desperate to sell Gallagher and will do it for 10% of his worth and happily pay twice the asking price for player with no place in the team, that's what will happen I guess.  Who cares the whole "pRoFiT oN bOoKs" argument kinda falls down if he is gone for penauts.

Funny to think Marina had no real businness background yet managed to be way more effective, than business people of gigantic investment fund.

Venture capitalists like Clearlake always spray and pray. It is the way they operate and will argue that the policy over the long term will pay dividends. For instance they will point to how they got Jackson, Gusto and Palmer out of it. The rest are just collateral damage. 

16 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

If that was true clearlake wouldn't have had to go to the premier league or FA and show them the dodgy books in the first place.

12 minutes ago, mkh said:

Will there be quiet mistakes in commitments with players from Washington, Ugochukwu, Angelo, Moreira, Datro Fofana, Casadei, Disasi, Sturge, Matos.
Admitted....🤔🫡

Ugochukwu and maybe Angelo. 

The rest are meh.

4 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Venture capitalists like Clearlake always spray and pray. It is the way they operate and will argue that the policy over the long term will pay dividends. For instance they will point to how they got Jackson, Gusto and Palmer out of it. The rest are just collateral damage. 

And that's something I have hard time to grasp (given football club isn't a startup you want to milk as much as possible and bankrupt in the end) - I understand Clearlake entered the football making overpaying their virtue, to show that they are no-nonsense partners for other clubs and to impress fans with effectiveness of getting high-profile signed without much fuss. But long term, this has to stop. 

We could easily do without like 60 or more % of players purchased in Clearlake reign and while I understand books is one thing and reality is other thing, isn't it easier to just not spend 100 million on trash in the frist place, than spending 100 million on a whim and then trying to balance the books with sales, despite our assets aren't worth anything near it, yet costed way more. Yeah, we are selling players, but it's hard for me to believe that wages included there is any profit on it. Income, yes, but the money is still burned. So like, in the end someone or something is losing the money and how long is it practically and legally possible to sustain the club, putting new 100 or more million into it?

5 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

If that was true clearlake wouldn't have had to go to the premier league or FA and show them the dodgy books in the first place.

Do you believe any books on pro level are clear? Football, athletics, racing, everything comes to how much can you bend the rules on highest level. I wouldn't be surprised if they calculated that cooperation and blaming previous owners and general idea the club was punished by forceful sale in the first place will give them fresh start and will they will get free or cheap pass given the situation. Yet they were either very naive or didn't took upon consideration that any chance to crack down on Chelsea will be used to no end.
I won't believe russian oligarch did something, that Saudis or Chinese didn't on five times bigger scale. And I won't be surprised if it will come down to 1000 euro being given from Marina's pocket to 14 old from Vitesse B via his aunt, meanwhile City will be cleared of any wrongdoing, like they once were already.

14 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

And that's something I have hard time to grasp (given football club isn't a startup you want to milk as much as possible and bankrupt in the end) - I understand Clearlake entered the football making overpaying their virtue, to show that they are no-nonsense partners for other clubs and to impress fans with effectiveness of getting high-profile signed without much fuss. But long term, this has to stop. 

We could easily do without like 60 or more % of players purchased in Clearlake reign and while I understand books is one thing and reality is other thing, isn't it easier to just not spend 100 million on trash in the frist place, than spending 100 million on a whim and then trying to balance the books with sales, despite our assets aren't worth anything near it, yet costed way more. Yeah, we are selling players, but it's hard for me to believe that wages included there is any profit on it. Income, yes, but the money is still burned. So like, in the end someone or something is losing the money and how long is it practically and legally possible to sustain the club, putting new 100 or more million into it?

Do you believe any books on pro level are clear? Football, athletics, racing, everything comes to how much can you bend the rules on highest level. I wouldn't be surprised if they calculated that cooperation and blaming previous owners and general idea the club was punished by forceful sale in the first place will give them fresh start and will they will get free or cheap pass given the situation. Yet they were either very naive or didn't took upon consideration that any chance to crack down on Chelsea will be used to no end.
I won't believe russian oligarch did something, that Saudis or Chinese didn't on five times bigger scale. And I won't be surprised if it will come down to 1000 euro being given from Marina's pocket to 14 old from Vitesse B via his aunt, meanwhile City will be cleared of any wrongdoing, like they once were already.

I personally don't like it either. However, the logic is probably that if we wouldn't ever be able to attract a Palmer after his break out season and the cost involved with that (if possible) means your better off 'spraying and praying' as you might get a couple of solid players out of it as well. 

As for the numbers, I reckon part of the problem currently is they've not sorted the multi-club part out properly, so currently Chelsea are getting lumbered with everyone rather than just the top prospects of their 'spray and pray' approach. 

Important moments in the Lukaku & Osimhen talks.

Napoli open to swap, Chelsea trying to bring down upfront costs on bid to balance out outlay for Osimhen wages .

Lukaku wants Napoli and Osimhen wants Chelsea.

via@FraserFletcher

I'm normally quite skeptical on transfer deals but I have got massive confidence this osimhen deal gets done, they have what we want and we have what they want. The desire of Lukaku to get out and our will to do the same, and on the flip side Osimhen's and Napoli's will to get him out is what will get this done.

Don’t believe anything you see if it ain’t Ornstein at this point. Even Fabrizio has been super spotty this summer.

Especially for a deal/player as big as Osimhen. Doubt anything significant has changed.