Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

If the move were close surely it’s pointless flying back to London? What’s to negotiate at this point? They already agreed to pay the £33m and had all the paperwork ready.

It was always clear that we need to buy a player from Atletico in order to fund their transfer for Gallagher. We thought it was Samu, but since this one fell thru, we are going for Felix, which needs to be negotiated from the start, which needs a bit of time. In the meanwhile, Conor flies back home and waits till we announce Felix. 

Gallagher will be a Atletico player by the end of the transfer window. 

With all the drama elsewhere about players outgoing there’s one on our books that most of us (myself included) have kinda forgotten about and that’s Kepa. I haven’t seen a single rumor about anyone being interested in him since that proposed Saudi move fell apart months ago.

Wtf are we gonna do there, I wonder? Terminate his contract? Or is that too harmful in terms of FFP?

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

With all the drama elsewhere about players outgoing there’s one on our books that most of us (myself included) have kinda forgotten about and that’s Kepa. I haven’t seen a single rumor about anyone being interested in him since that proposed Saudi move fell apart months ago.

Wtf are we gonna do there, I wonder? Terminate his contract? Or is that too harmful in terms of FFP?

I assume we'll just offer him to anyone for any price if we can't get him bundled into a swap deal as a sweetener (e.g. w/Napoli or whatever)

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

🔴 #Chelsea goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga has emerged as a strong option for #Napoli in recent hours. 🇪🇸 👀

(via: Corriere dello Sport)

3 minutes ago, mkh said:

🔴 #Chelsea goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga has emerged as a strong option for #Napoli in recent hours. 🇪🇸 👀

Where have we heard that before - https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/Chelsea-fc-transfer-news-kepa-napoli-b1015891.html

PL chief executive Richard Masters on the Chelsea investigation:

"Obviously what we're talking about is something historic; it's complicated where we have the club talking to us about things that happened under previous ownership. All I can say is that the investigation and discussions are reaching a conclusion, but until that happens, I can't say what's going to happen next." 

👀👀

17 minutes ago, mkh said:

PL chief executive Richard Masters on the Chelsea investigation:

"Obviously what we're talking about is something historic; it's complicated where we have the club talking to us about things that happened under previous ownership. All I can say is that the investigation and discussions are reaching a conclusion, but until that happens, I can't say what's going to happen next." 

👀👀

Sounds like they angling to save face and not punish us too harahly for a crime we had to make them aware former custodians of our club had committed.

Osimhen on 300k+ / week i read..
No way we will pay that and i can't see him accept going down to 200k~.

How can Italian clubs pay such salaries when they skimp on every little penny when they want to buy players? Lmao

Edited by Costa19

35 minutes ago, mkh said:

Lukaku + Kepa + 40m for Osimhen 👀

8 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Think we would get him for 42m as reported day before but yeah looks dead, they don't seem that interested.

Even then £42m would be incredibly stupid. 

7 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Lukaku + Kepa + 40m for Osimhen 👀

Then Trev + 40m (get 8m of which back) for Guehi. Then fix the phone to only take incoming calls and clear some out with our incomings complete.

Edited by Duppy Conqueror

19 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Even then £42m would be incredibly stupid. 

Ehh, idk. In an age when random, mediocre English players go for insane fees I don’t think £42m is at all unreasonable for Felix. He’s still an unbelievably talented player who I think would look far better now than he did in his loan stint.

I wouldn’t be upset at all if we paid that.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Ehh, idk. In an age when random, mediocre English players go for insane fees I don’t think £42m is at all unreasonable for Felix. He’s still an unbelievably talented player who I think would look far better now than he did in his loan stint.

I wouldn’t be upset at all if we paid that.

This “unbelievable talent” hasn’t really got him much further on from when he broke through at Benfica. Bar maybe one good season at Atletico where he was their POTY IIRC.

I can see why some people see the appeal as he shows moments where he does things and you think if he could do that sort of thing more and more, he could be a pretty good player. But he doesn’t do it enough. And hasn’t really been consistent enough for a while. Granted hes 24 but you look for some sort of progression or upwards trajectory and he really hasn’t had it at all over the past 3/4 years. Particularly for someone of his apparent ability.

Keep saying it but his position and work rate is/has always been an issue for this guy. He is probably the only one in recent history to go there and not try to buy into the hard working approach Simeone has used that has shaped a really really successful period for Atletico Madrid. 

For £42m we would be getting more questions than answers. And I thought that after the loan spell too, not convincing enough. We need top quality in attack be it a 9 or a wide man, not another could be if he were to do X Y and Z, we have enough of those.

By the end of this window we will come to conclusion that Lukaku is good player after all and should be given chance once again as he scored goals in Italy and can pull the defenders out. The state of things.

I'm fine with Felix and Osimhen as part of swap deal and hopefully sell with profit, but not getting much hope something clearly failed in the past will suddenly turn out good now.

Edited by Vegetable

1 hour ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

Sounds like they angling to save face and not punish us too harahly for a crime we had to make them aware former custodians of our club had committed.

When this first was reported at the start of the Clearlake reign, I'm pretty sure reports centred less on FFP and was more geared towards some potentially under the table negotiations, payments, etc.

At the moment, can only speculate on the severity of any punishment, but feel it is perhaps more geared towards potentially a large fine and transfer ban rather than a points deduction. 

It would explain why the club have (1) seemingly stockpiled players over the past couple of windows, and (2) do seem to suddenly be scrambling a bit more now in the second half of this window. The ownership must have an inkling of what they might be facing and I wouldn't be surprised if they're planning for a transfer ban for a year or two.