Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

17 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Agree with the rest, but not the creative part. I think Noni's quite direct and does not have a whole lot of range to his game.

He operates better with more space esp in counter situations, which is going to be harder to find in the new system with higher lines.

Think its more nuanced than that. He was by far the most creative when England won the U23 Euros without conceding a single goal, but agree can see limitations with Marescas set up.

Sterling is probably impossible to move with his monster wages. I think our only salvation from that contract is a Saudi club.

There would surely be quite a few smaller/traditionally midtable PL clubs that would love someone with his experience if he’d agree to a huge wage cut. But why would he do that?

22 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Sterling is probably impossible to move with his monster wages. I think our only salvation from that contract is a Saudi club.

There would surely be quite a few smaller/traditionally midtable PL clubs that would love someone with his experience if he’d agree to a huge wage cut. But why would he do that?

It is Saudi or nothing. However, I doubt he would go even if he got an offer - unless it was mega, as by all accounts he wants to stay in London and isn't attracted by the Saudi lifestyle. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Only option would be to remain paying % of his wages, and in such scenario I’d actually keep him.

He hasn’t been good enough, but aside from being a poor footballer I just can’t see how Mudryk would work in this system given all he’s got is pace.

Edited by robsblubot

44 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Only option would be remain paying for a % of his wages, and in such scenario I’d actually keep him.

He hasn’t been good enough, but aside from being a poor footballer I just can’t see how Mudryk would work in this system given all he’s got is pace.

Cant see how Mudryk is ever going to work in any football system for any team in a half decent division because that would actually rely on him thinking.

Edited by OneMoSalah

45 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Only option would be remain paying for a % of his wages, and in such scenario I’d actually keep him.

Yeah, in theory Sterling should really excel in this new system since he played for Pep. If he ever hits some consistent form he’d be a useful squad player. Trouble is he looks like he’s barely ever bothered. He looks like the classic case of a player who has accomplished everything, won everything, got his massive fortune in the bank already, and is now just coasting.

Mudryk is just a massive flop, I finally have to admit. I have been one of the last on the “he could still come good” bandwagon but it just appears like he’s destroyed mentally. 

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, in theory Sterling should really excel in this new system since he played for Pep. If he ever hits some consistent form he’d be a useful squad player. Trouble is he looks like he’s barely ever bothered. He looks like the classic case of a player who has accomplished everything, won everything, got his massive fortune in the bank already, and is now just coasting.

Mudryk is just a massive flop, I finally have to admit. I have been one of the last on the “he could still come good” bandwagon but it just appears like he’s destroyed mentally. 

In my recollection, even under Pep, Sterling was kind of frustrating, going on a run of form and then losing it for weeks or months, and then hitting it again... But they had so many good players they could carry it. He has never been and never could be the star man of a team as far as I have seen following him since forever, but he's always been a good guy to have in a squad.

Mudryk is one of those guys that, best case, starts to look like a real player at 26/27, after years of good coaching. He's definitely not the kind of buy we should be making if we want to go after young people, we want early bloomers who display an unusual understanding of the game and a calmness in clutch situations, like Cole Palmer, where age just doesn't matter. Honestly I think Mudryk could be a very good PL player later in his career but it will take time, effort, and game time. Definitely one I would press the return button on if we could.

16 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

In my recollection, even under Pep, Sterling was kind of frustrating, going on a run of form and then losing it for weeks or months, and then hitting it again... But they had so many good players they could carry it. He has never been and never could be the star man of a team as far as I have seen following him since forever, but he's always been a good guy to have in a squad.

Mudryk is one of those guys that, best case, starts to look like a real player at 26/27, after years of good coaching. He's definitely not the kind of buy we should be making if we want to go after young people, we want early bloomers who display an unusual understanding of the game and a calmness in clutch situations, like Cole Palmer, where age just doesn't matter. Honestly I think Mudryk could be a very good PL player later in his career but it will take time, effort, and game time. Definitely one I would press the return button on if we could.

Agreed on both counts. I'd not mind a run of good form from Sterling at some point tho. 😅

5 hours ago, Thor said:

Can Neto play LW? 

I remember every time I watched him he has been brilliant, but isn't he a RW? 

Yes.

Madness.

Another left footed RWer 

We have over 10 now counting youth and the two 17yo teen superstars coming in next summer.

Insanity.

We would get eith Desire Doue (ambipedal LW)or Nico Williams (right foited LW), 2 actual true LWers, for less than we are dumping on Neto, who is a RWer all the way.

Clownlake is wilfully destroying the club.

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Neto, who is a RWer all the way.

Is he? He seems very two footed to me, indeed many of his assists from RW came from his right foot, with him rarely cutting in to shoot on his left.

I think the club like him because they think he can play either LW or RW well.

He also presses well in the high press Maresca wants to play.

Personally, I'm just worried about his injuries.

7 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

What's your stance on Pedro Neto? He wasn't on the list was he (because of injuries)?

Just posted on him.

I never wanted him.

Low production.

Injuries.

Wrong foot.

Wrong position.

Overrated a bit, at least for me.

I am not at all happy.

My targets over the past 3 years or so have been VASTLY better than Clownlake's.

Main reason I did not put my only big leave-off on (Palmer) my lists was that I NEVER thought Citeh would let him go.

CuCu has vastly improved, but no way is worth £65m.

Almost zero big busts (at other clubs) from my lists. Compare that to Clownlake.

So many Clownlake buys I have lost my shit over have been massive busts.

Ffs.