Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Everyone in the market acting desperate to snap up the next big thing from Brazil whilst Real Madrid over on the sidelines watching and laughing after snapping up the real next big thing. 

And what’s exciting from our POV is that I’ve seen numerous people who follow Brazilian football say that Estevão is an even bigger talent than Endrick. 

Let’s hope our luck is as good as Real Madrid’s was with Vini!

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

And what’s exciting from our POV is that I’ve seen numerous people who follow Brazilian football say that Estevão is an even bigger talent than Endrick. 

Let’s hope our luck is as good as Real Madrid’s was with Vini!

and Rodrygo

He is a huge baller as well. I would kill to have him as our LWer (he is right footed and is a natural LW)

Chelsea have still not given up on Samu Omorodion, despite having multiple bids rejected (none exceeding €50 million + bonuses). Altetico don't want to sell and I could take €70 million to change their mind (via @JacobsBen)

🙉🤯

32 minutes ago, mkh said:

Chelsea have still not given up on Samu Omorodion, despite having multiple bids rejected (none exceeding €50 million + bonuses). Altetico don't want to sell and I could take €70 million to change their mind (via @JacobsBen)

🙉🤯

Ben Jacobs has lost the plot.

Someone or multiple someone’s at the club must feel like this Omorodion guy is a nailed on future superstar or something if we’re still after him. That’s a ridiculous price Atleti are asking for and if we go anywhere remotely near it even I who has been more forgiving to the club will be dumbfounded. 

guess working out some sort of deal where he comes the other way in a Gallagher deal makes sense in theory, but in reality is he the profile of player we need? I just don’t think so. We don’t need another developmental project. We need a plug and play guy who can hit the ground running.

looking at age 25+ signings since 2015 and perhaps shed some light on why Chelsea are not just walloping huge money on older players. 

Radamel Falcao - 29 - £6m Loan Fee -

Asmir Begovic - 28 - £10m -

Pedro - 28 - £23m -

Papy Djilibodji - 26 - £2.5m -

Alex Pato 26 - £5m Loan Fee -

Marco Amelia - 33- £0

N'Golo Kanté - 25 - £30m -

Marcos Alonso - 25 - £20m -

David Luiz - 29 - £30m -

Eduardo - 33 - £0

Danny Drinkwater - 27 - £32m -

Willy Caballero - 35 - £0 -

Jorginho - 26 - £49m -
Gonzalo Higuain - 31 - 6.5m Loan Fee -
Rob Green - 38 - £0m
Davide Zappacosta - 25 - £21m -

Transfer Ban

Hakim Ziyech - 27 - £35m -
Thiago Silva - 35 - £0 -
Ed Mendy - 28 - £18m -

Romelu Lukaku - 28 - £95m -
Saùl - 26 - £3.5m Loan Fee -
Marcus Bettinelli - 29 - £0

Raheem Sterling - 27 - £49m -
Kalidou Koulibaly - 31 - £36m -
Denis Zakaria - 25 - £3m Loan Fee -
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - 33-  £10m-

Christoper Nkunku - 25 - £52m

Robert Sanchez - 25 - £20m -

Axel Disasi - 25 - £39m -

Perhaps most crucially, in every Clearlake window to date - every 'experienced' player has really disappointed. I think the fact the first window results have been so poor has definitely impacted the approach to investment, and also when you factor in the historic wage burden.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Someone or multiple someone’s at the club must feel like this Omorodion guy is a nailed on future superstar or something if we’re still after him. That’s a ridiculous price Atleti are asking for and if we go anywhere remotely near it even I who has been more forgiving to the club will be dumbfounded. 

guess working out some sort of deal where he comes the other way in a Gallagher deal makes sense in theory, but in reality is he the profile of player we need? I just don’t think so. We don’t need another developmental project. We need a plug and play guy who can hit the ground running.

Samu sucks and is a shit footballer, anyone who thinks he is a future superstar needs to be in jail.

14 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Samu sucks and is a shit footballer, anyone who thinks he is a future superstar needs to be in jail.

Eh, from what I’ve watched on YT he looks like a very decent footballer and an absolute handful for defenders due to his huge size.

He’s just raw still much like the other big #9 we were after earlier, Duran. These guys certainly look like they can eventually develop into beasts in a couple of years but we’ve already got Jackson and now Guiu who need to develop. We don’t need a 3rd striker like this.

57 minutes ago, mkh said:

Raheem Sterling - 27 - £49m -
Kalidou Koulibaly - 31 - £36m -
Denis Zakaria - 25 - £3m Loan Fee -
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - 33-  £10m-

Christoper Nkunku - 25 - £52m

Robert Sanchez - 25 - £20m -

Axel Disasi - 25 - £39m -

Perhaps most crucially, in every Clearlake window to date - every 'experienced' player has really disappointed. I think the fact the first window results have been so poor has definitely impacted the approach to investment, and also when you factor in the historic wage burden.

For me, the pre Clearlake success ratio is frankly fairly normal at this level. After all this is supposed to be the Elite, and not everyone makes it -- even good players may not.

Now, I honestly see a single disappointment of over 25 signing during the Clearlake regime: Sterling.
The others were just over-the-hill, free, Loans. Disasi just a bad signing from the get-go -- nobody rated him and he does not even look the part (heavy). Goalies should not count given that you can count in one hand Elite sides playing with a U24 goalie (our next goalie signing will likely be over 25). Nkunku yet to be seen depending on fitness... injury history is not a mystery tho.

Ironically the list does not include the absolute worst signing so far: W. Fofana -- big money for someone with such a troublesome injury history.

All I see from the list above is incompetence.

10 minutes ago, mkh said:

Chelsea were in negotiations for Hermansen, the prefered choice, but walked away over a £40m price tag. (@bolddk - Danish outlet)

So they got someone as bad as him but cheaper, masterstroke.

18 minutes ago, Thor said:

Duran looks 5 times the player Samu is and he is considerably younger.

Duran is quite polished where as Samu looks a disaster at 23.

They’re the same age, mate. In fact, Duran is a few months older.

42 minutes ago, Pizy said:

They’re the same age, mate. In fact, Duran is a few months older.

Ah right, I thought I read Duran is 21 somewhere. Regardless, Duran is polished where as Samu looks like a disaster on the ball at times. 

Wait - now I read they are both 20. The video I watched was clearly wrong lol.

Edited by Thor