Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Chelsea ready to appoint Man City head of coaching Glenn Van Der Kraan

Understand Man City’s Head of Coaching (u9-u14) Glen Van Der Krann will join Chelsea as a senior academy coach.🔵 #CFC

He will leave City and help academy rebulid after Jim Fraser and Neil Bath departed.

Chelsea set to appoint overall head of academy.

Edited by mkh

1 minute ago, mkh said:

Understand Man City’s Head of Coaching (u9-u14) Glen Van Der Krann will join Chelsea as a senior academy coach, immediately! 🔵 #CFC

He will leave City and help academy rebulid after Jim Fraser and Neil Bath departed.

Chelsea set to appoint overall head of academy.

So Chelsea is not closing down academy after all?

3 minutes ago, mkh said:

Joe Shields is already hard at work💪🔥

Glenn van der Kraan [2020]:

🗣️ "On my desktop is a photo of Johan Cruyff and Wim Jansen — two legends from Dutch football, icons with a passion and love for the development of youth.

During the Master in Coaching I did at Johan Cruyff Institute, my personal coach mentioned a quote from Cruyff: “It’s about time, room and direction.” This is exactly what is of great importance in educating youth."

6 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

Also wird Chelsea die Akademie doch nicht schließen?

Never😉💪

The Cobham Academy is fucked up by the clowns  like everything  else in the club  .  The last parts of the Roman era Hayes and the Academy coaches staff quit the club because of the clowns. This is not Chelsea anymore  this is Clownlake FC MoneyBall Mercants .

3 minutes ago, milka said:

The Cobham Academy is fucked up by the clowns  like everything  else in the club  .  The last parts of the Roman era Hayes and the Academy coaches staff quit the club because of the clowns. This is not Chelsea anymore  this is Clownlake FC MoneyBall Mercants .

lol, yeah sure 😄 

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

hard pass, he will never be the same after that horrid knee injury, unfortunately

Don't worry, he'll fit right in at Chelsea's medical facilities.   Fofana and Lavia can learn Italian this season!

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

One of my favorite players in all of Europe to watch before that injury. Honestly, he looked pretty decent in the limited minutes I saw of him with Italy this summer? Still looked really quick and dangerous when Italy actually passed him the ball.

Definitely has that x-factor, shame about the injuries but I'd be surprised if someone doesn't take that risk at 25 million...

12 hours ago, Tomo said:

Manager continuity only works if it's the right guy.

While you could argue he was an okay ish stop gap appointment to bring a decent culture back after 22/23 from a tactical point of view the game has past Poch by every bit as much as it has Mourinho and did Wenger, it just doesn't get the same attention because he wasn't THAT good in the first place.

Will see how Maresca gets on but I am not confident at all. Totally different philosophy again and even then, a very small sample size to judge him from. 

I think a second season for Poch maybe would have allowed him to build on what was improvement in the last wee period of the season but agree he is definitely not the guy who would’ve taken us to competing for trophies and leagues. I think before his appointment several people felt this.

Although the squad still isn’t particularly great and still offers more questions than answers for me irrespective of the manager also. I also wouldn’t be surprised if we have appointed another manager by this time next year. Seems to be the pattern.

Arsenal are closing in on a €45-50M deal for Bologna's Riccardo Calafiori. Player bonuses are now finalized, but the Gunners still need to agree with Bologna on the deal structure.

(Steve Kay)

56 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Arsenal have agreed terms on the contract for Caliafiori, valid until 2029, just the fee now and it's go time

Clearlake outmanoeuvred. Good move for Arsenal if they can close the deal. Upgraded Kiwior/Zinchenko at LB for a decent price.

Lack of transfer developments from us this week coinciding with Neil Bath/Fraser leaving, complete restructuring of the youth setup going on. 

22 minutes ago, Strike said:

Clearlake outmanoeuvred. Good move for Arsenal if they can close the deal. Upgraded Kiwior/Zinchenko at LB for a decent price.

Lack of transfer developments from us this week coinciding with Neil Bath/Fraser leaving, complete restructuring of the youth setup going on. 

Hold on one minute we have just signed Renato Veiga from Basel, fuck sake