Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Just now, Mário César said:

no way real gets reece james next season

first they need to check if he can play a single season without injuries...

yes, I think they would absolutely wait to see a full healthy season from him

they normally are not at all stupid with buys (Hazard aside)

Hakimi or Frimpong seem to make the most sense

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

yes, I think they would absolutely wait to see a full healthy season from him

they normally are not at all stupid with buys (Hazard aside)

Hakimi or Frimpong seem to make the most sense

ofc...

2 hours ago, Mhsc said:

Absolutely not, I cannot believe you have posted this. Lukaku can never play for Chelsea again. He is a disgrace, a toxic disgrace who will try his hardest to ruin everything we've got going on. I wouldn't even let him train with the other players, or be in the same building as them, if it can be at all avoided.

I feel we are going a little too far with this, he is a football player, let's not make a satanic figure out of him. He is just a football player who always trying to be smart and - with the help of his parasite agents - always pushing for the best available positions, publicity and contracts.

Both of his spells here were very disappointing, but we invested lots of money on him, and now there is one spot in the squad which he seems to be tailor made. Unless we receive some crazy bid, I don't see what we risk by trying to reintegrate him to the squad.

11 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I feel we are going a little too far with this, he is a football player, let's not make a satanic figure out of him. He is just a football player who always trying to be smart and - with the help of his parasite agents - always pushing for the best available positions, publicity and contracts.

Both of his spells here were very disappointing, but we invested lots of money on him, and now there is one spot in the squad which he seems to be tailor made. Unless we receive some crazy bid, I don't see what we risk by trying to reintegrate him to the squad.

not calling him satan (no one has unless they are unhinged) but the bloke is pretty much changing room (and outside in the press) poison

he has excoriated the club on many occasions

1 minute ago, Mhsc said:

First of all, Nicolas Jackson is outscoring Lukaku in the league over the last couple of seasons, and is already 10x the footballer with the ball at his feet. And he's like 10 years younger. He makes better runs and plays more intelligently. This would be a horrendous downgrade, of the worst kind, and the exact kind of signing that old-Chelsea was famous for. All of this is irrelevant given that he is toxic and would break the dressing room, and make interviews speaking out against the club, the manager, his fellow players, and whoever else he feels like. All while pining for a return to Inter, or a move to Juventus, or perhaps he will announce that actually he has unfinished business at Manchester United.

I cannot imagine a worse signing for the summer transfer window than Romelu Lukaku, and by the same thought process the fact that he currently is on our books makes no difference: the priority remains to get rid of him, and he is only still HERE because no one wants him ffs.

Thank you. No one is denying that an in-form Lukaku is somewhat useful nor that this team could need an experienced CF who can lift some of the burden. The problem is not his ability (even though 100m should get you a far better striker obv) but his personality. If he were able to play the big brother role and be an experienced back up who comes in when stakes are high, for the kind of match that outright suits him like Giroud was (sold him 2 years too early -.-). The problem is that Lukaku is not able to play this role. He is just as immature as Jackson, threw his toys out at the first opportunity, has damaged his reputation with the public, the fans and the dressing room as well as being the opposite of a role model in terms of workrate, attitude and professionalism. He has not grown up one bit in the meantime as his transfer saga last summer and his petulant behaviour at Roma repeatedly shows. If he were the same limited but useful player he is while being a regular professional, I would be happy to have him and not even be salty about the 100m we overpaid. But he is a little kid who thinks he is a superstar and should be treated as such by everyone. Not just for us Chelsea fans but for the sake of European football I hope he just fks of to Saudi asap bc he stands for exactly what is wrong with football in the first place.

I imagine the Mount + Lewis Hall money is both counted in that time period, which is like £90m of pure profit? I think we'll be fine. That is a lot.

2 hours ago, Mhsc said:

First of all, Nicolas Jackson is outscoring Lukaku in the league over the last couple of seasons, and is already 10x the footballer with the ball at his feet. And he's like 10 years younger. He makes better runs and plays more intelligently. This would be a horrendous downgrade, of the worst kind, and the exact kind of signing that old-Chelsea was famous for. All of this is irrelevant given that he is toxic and would break the dressing room, and make interviews speaking out against the club, the manager, his fellow players, and whoever else he feels like. All while pining for a return to Inter, or a move to Juventus, or perhaps he will announce that actually he has unfinished business at Manchester United.

I cannot imagine a worse signing for the summer transfer window than Romelu Lukaku, and by the same thought process the fact that he currently is on our books makes no difference: the priority remains to get rid of him, and he is only still HERE because no one wants him ffs.

I did not mean to replace Jackson with him, more like an addition as we only have one striker in the squad. Jackson was overused this season without having European duties. One striker must come, and if we cannot find a good candidate then we can try Lukaku, that's all I'm saying. 

51 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

I imagine the Mount + Lewis Hall money is both counted in that time period, which is like £90m of pure profit? I think we'll be fine. That is a lot.

Yes, and for next fiscal year we can use Maatsen and Broja. That's 60-75m pure profit depending how much is Broja. 

So don't understand why is Gallagher always used as must sell for profit. 

Other than the obvious (a proven striker) I wonder if the club should prioritize another CB with a shit load of experience to replace Silva rather than going really young there? 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Other than the obvious (a proven striker) I wonder if the club should prioritize another CB with a shit load of experience to replace Silva rather than going really young there? 

But who. I know Hermoso is on a free but I haven't seen him for a while and not sure from what I recollect if he would fit into the side....