Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

On 29/02/2024 at 19:12, MoroccanBlue said:

What makes you say this? 

Just a feeling I have. Think he is a huge risk. Doing well with Sporting, Benfica or Porto is a difficult barometer to judge a manager on. Good teams in their own rights but just don’t think he is the man for us.

I mean I don’t think Poch is an outstanding manager by any stretch but the owners and footballing guys reportedly heavily favoured Poch over Amorim which says enough to me. 

On 01/03/2024 at 08:44, Reddish-Blue said:

He won't be short on offers, just like Alonso and De Zerbi.   Will be interesting to see where Amorim & De Zerbi end up in the manager merry go round. 

Maybe but I think de Zebri who has experience managing in Italys top division and the PL will be much more appealing to a lot of teams than Amorim too.

Same again with Xabi Alonso - which yeah sure not exactly making any outrageous or unobvious statements saying that - but because he has a notable body of work in a top 5 division in Europe (in the Bundesliga where Bayern have dominated domestically for 10+ years now) as opposed to in a much poorer domestic league where Porto, Benfica & Sporting are traditionally the best teams most seasons (maybe Braga too).

Amorim just strikes me as far too big a risk when you look at some of the guys out there and which leagues they are doing good jobs in. For us, for Liverpool, for Bayern, for United for whoever. I think the days of these Portuguese league coaches maybe being of a Mourinho-esque standard as opposed to a Villas-Boas-esque standard are long gone. Maybe a bit disrespectful towards the standards of the Portuguese league but I don’t think its particularly impressive to win there as a manager these days.

Look how many average managers Benfica had when they were winning everything domestically and Porto beforehand too, I mean how many of them did well abroad? 

On 02/03/2024 at 11:45, Reddish-Blue said:

I'm sure Mikel would just laugh and look at his trophy collection from his time at Chelsea, hopefully Caicedo gets to lift a trophy someday and repay that mammoth price tag. 😆

Honours

Chelsea

Premier League: 2009–10, 2014–15
FA Cup: 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2011–12
Football League Cup: 2006–07, 2014–15
FA Community Shield: 2009
UEFA Champions League: 2011–12
UEFA Europa League: 2012–13

Nigeria

Africa Cup of Nations: 2013; third place: 2006, 2010, 2019

Summer Olympics bronze medalist: 2016

11 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Musiala is so much a typical Liverpool signing

not really, when is the last time they bought a player who, at the time of purchase, was valued at €100m or more?

Answer: they never have

here is every player atm at that level

6c38a79026a4636f56bcfc81aac844b0.png

and here is every other player who was at one time worth €100m or more since TM started, and now are not

in order of highest ever value (Mbappe at €200m in 2018 was the highest ever)

Neymar 
Lionel Messi   
Raheem Sterling (insane €160m in 2019, only Mbappé, Bellingham, Håland, Neymar, and Messi were ever valued higher) 
Sadio Mané   
Mohamed Salah    
Antoine Griezmann   
Kevin De Bruyne  
Philippe Coutinho  
Eden Hazard  
Jadon Sancho   
Ousmane Dembélé 
Cristiano Ronaldo  
Trent Alexander-Arnold  
Paulo Dybala  
Pedri  
João Félix   
Bernardo Silva   
N'Golo Kanté  
Dele Alli  
Jack Grealish  
Leroy Sané  
Virgil van Dijk  
Paul Pogba  
Jan Oblak 
Romelu Lukaku  
Christian Eriksen   
Mauro Icardi  

d2804c86fd866103a2407db8a321aad8.png

Edited by Vesper

11 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Does anyone know how much we have to raise in the Summer to clear FFP? There are quite a lot of rumours it is substantial. 

probably gallagher, chalobah and broja will be sold 

18 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Does anyone know how much we have to raise in the Summer to clear FFP? There are quite a lot of rumours it is substantial. 

How Blues can splash out another £350 million in upcoming window despite FFP fears - explained

Chelsea's spending shows no sign of stopping as Todd Boehly's Blues have been told how they can splash even more cash without breaching FFP rules.

https://www.goal.com/en/lists/how-chlesea-can-splash-out-another350-million-in-upcoming-window-despite-ffp-fears-explained/blt2c04e9b4ca1310b6

WHAT HAPPENED?

Reliable journalist Ben Jacobs has explained that despite all the rumours and reports about Chelsea potentially being in trouble regarding Financial Fair Play and the Premier League's Profitability and Sustainability rules, the Blues will not face any trouble and can even go on to spend in excess of £200 million ($252.4m) without having to make sales.

THE EXPLANATION

Jacobs explained that Boehly's club could spend over £300 million if they decide to make sales of players such as Ian Maatsen, Lewis Hall, Armando Broja, Conor Gallagher and Trevoh Chalobah. All these players have been linked with a move away as they hold a decent market value.

WHAT JACOBS SAID

Speaking to Simon Philips for his newsletter, Si Phillips Talks Chelsea, Jacobs said: "Chelsea could comfortably spend £200m this summer even before sales, if they chose to spend £300-350m, it could be offset with sales such as Maatsen (£35m), Hall (£28m clause expected to kick in), Broja (plan to sell £35m), Gallagher and Chalobah."

16 hours ago, King Kante said:

Noone knows really, every now or then there are contradictory reports from journalists, so take everything people are talking about FFP with a grain of salt. 

Edited by ulvhedin

On 05/03/2024 at 23:22, King Kante said:

If we do, it is meant to be £100m or around before end of June/start of July.

I don’t see how we can spend £300-350m let alone £200m, quoted in that article a few posts up. We have spent £1bn in the space of 3 transfer windows and only sold maybe £300m worth of players. 

People seem to think Broja, Chalobah and Maatsen are going to fetch top top dollar too. Or even be easy sells. Throw in the Gallagher rumours too.

Maatsens release clause maybe will get triggered but again, £35m, lets see. Regarding the other two, we went from wanting £50-60m for Broja to accepting a £4 or £5m loan fee which will go to virtually nothing if he plays a lot. Whys that? Chalobah also made it clear he doesn’t want to take a big step down from Chelsea after Bayern interest which is why he didn’t go to Forrest. Selling Gallagher would also be insane even for £50m.

People can bury their heads in the sand if they want but there are more than enough things that point more towards us needing to sell than not needing to sell.

10 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

If we do, it is meant to be £100m or around before end of June/start of July.

I don’t see how we can spend £300-350m let alone £200m, quoted in that article a few posts up. We have spent £1bn in the space of 3 transfer windows and only sold maybe £300m worth of players. 

People seem to think Broja, Chalobah and Maatsen are going to fetch top top dollar too. Or even be easy sells. Throw in the Gallagher rumours too.

Maatsens release clause maybe will get triggered but again, £35m, lets see. Regarding the other two, we went from wanting £50-60m for Broja to accepting a £4 or £5m loan fee which will go to virtually nothing if he plays a lot. Whys that? Chalobah also made it clear he doesn’t want to take a big step down from Chelsea after Bayern interest which is why he didn’t go to Forrest. Selling Gallagher would also be insane even for £50m.

People can bury their heads in the sand if they want but there are more than enough things that point more towards us needing to sell than not needing to sell.

we made more money in sells than 300M pounds...

9 hours ago, Mário César said:

In all honesty, it really doesn’t matter how much it was unless it was ridiculously close to what we spent. Which it wasn’t. Call it £500m if you want - the club aren’t recording huge pre-tax losses for the last 2 years for no reason. 

I am a bit worried that people really are stupid enough to believe that there isn’t any chance of a huge financial problem coming up at the club. The club just announced a pre tax loss of £90 million up to June 2023. And it was over £120m the previous year. To put this in contrast, you are allowed £105m over a 3 year period for PL profit & sustainability rules. Everton barely spent over that, worked with the PL extensively and still got walloped with 10 points before it was changed to 6 after an appeal. What do people think being nearly £100m will be worth?

Thats a big reason why there are persistent rumours of selling home grown players (as they are counted as pure profit on the clubs books) to generate over £100m this summer.

We don’t generate that sort of cash for any players, yet alone homegrown ones, then we are definitely in some sort of trouble. I don’t see how we couldn’t be.

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

In all honesty, it really doesn’t matter how much it was unless it was ridiculously close to what we spent. Which it wasn’t. Call it £500m if you want - the club aren’t recording huge pre-tax losses for the last 2 years for no reason. 

I am a bit worried that people really are stupid enough to believe that there isn’t any chance of a huge financial problem coming up at the club. The club just announced a pre tax loss of £90 million up to June 2023. And it was over £120m the previous year. To put this in contrast, you are allowed £105m over a 3 year period for PL profit & sustainability rules. Everton barely spent over that, worked with the PL extensively and still got walloped with 10 points before it was changed to 6 after an appeal. What do people think being nearly £100m will be worth?

Thats a big reason why there are persistent rumours of selling home grown players (as they are counted as pure profit on the clubs books) to generate over £100m this summer.

We don’t generate that sort of cash for any players, yet alone homegrown ones, then we are definitely in some sort of trouble. I don’t see how we couldn’t be.

we'll have to sell gallagher, broja and chalobah and try to get close to 80 million for them 
40 gallagher
20 broja
20 chalobah 
Oh and maatsen
that should be 100M

13 hours ago, Mário César said:

Far easier when you have a squad with more 'PL proven' players, even though they were massive flops in their last season with us. 

11 hours ago, Mário César said:

we'll have to sell gallagher, broja and chalobah and try to get close to 80 million for them 
40 gallagher
20 broja
20 chalobah 
Oh and maatsen
that should be 100M

Which club is buying Broja for 20 million?    He looks so much worse since his injury.     I just hope he doesn't end up like CHO, all that potential and we ended up getting around 5 million for him. 

4 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Thomas Tuchel has targeted a return as Chelsea boss when he leaves Bayern Munich in the summer

As if the current owners would bring back the guy they sacked

2 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Which club is buying Broja for 20 million?    He looks so much worse since his injury.     I just hope he doesn't end up like CHO, all that potential and we ended up getting around 5 million for him. 

We still have to sell hall and lukaku

we easily get 100M this summer