Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Madrid have ruled out a move. This should be read as a sign honestly and we should steer clear.

15 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Has anyone even kept tabs on Benzema in Saudi? Is he still good?

Just over a year ago he was officially voted best player in the world. How much different can he be now?

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Just over a year ago he was officially voted best player in the world. How much different can he be now?

The decline and fall off is quick at a certain age. 

Kind of like how people keep saying Djokovic will keep winning for 3-4 years. I just laugh. Age comes thick and fast for athletes after a certain point. You can be winning one day, then 3 months later you're losing all the games you "should" have won.

I haven't seen Benz play recently, but he very well could be a shell of his usual self.

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Has anyone even kept tabs on Benzema in Saudi? Is he still good?

Just have a look at his performance against Al Ahly (by far his biggest game since joining). People think we're going after someone in their prime for some reason.

7 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

The decline comes quick when it does come and he was on the decline in 22-23 itself.

I think 36 is too old for a PL striker. For all the experience and finishing he brings, it cannot come at the cost of movement and pressing. I’d rather go with a striker in their prime. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Agent Drogba

Smart to tap into Drogba and Mikel to convince Osimhen. Still depends on the competition to sign him but thankfully Bayern, Real, City, PSG don’t need strikers in the summer. 

5 hours ago, DDA said:

Comon, lets not act asif we wouldn't take Osimhen here in a heartbeat. The man scores goals. Our players don't.

Jackson would reach Oshimhen tally if he played there. There is absolutely nothing impressive about this guy especially when you hear the price being quoted.

6 hours ago, DDA said:

Comon, lets not act asif we wouldn't take Osimhen here in a heartbeat. The man scores goals. Our players don't.

The same has been said about Lukaku by many on this forum in 2021. I am quite content with Jackson as of now, especially with his general play which is far superior to Osimhens.  I think we should give him time until summer, given we also have Nkunku. 

6 hours ago, DDA said:

Well, his recent numbers are not better than Jackson or Sterling,..

And looking at his goals from last season, do you have the feeling he would score exactly same goals here? I don't really. Definetly would be improvement for Jackson/Broja though, there is no debate in that.

8 hours ago, DDA said:

His technical abilities aren't great. Could easily turn into a dud. 

56 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

This is clicbaity journalism, out of these 10 players only Davies and Camavinga were not born in the country they are playing for.

It’s still interesting. African teams could compete for the World Cup if the diaspora chose to play for the country of their heritage more often and not as a back up (lesser players like victor moses iwobi etc ) 

3 hours ago, ulvhedin said:

This is clicbaity journalism, out of these 10 players only Davies and Camavinga were not born in the country they are playing for.

It doesn't mean the graphic is incorrect.  Davis could have also played for Ghana & Mbappe for Algeria. 

2 hours ago, lucio said:

It’s still interesting. African teams could compete for the World Cup if the diaspora chose to play for the country of their heritage more often and not as a back up (lesser players like victor moses iwobi etc ) 

France's footballing history would look very different if that were the case.

Edited by LAM09