Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 hours ago, Strike said:

Don’t understand the rumours that the board is trying to sign another CB

if anything we really need a full back, cover in midfield and a striker before we think of fresh CBs

what you think about wingers?

I think if we not count nkunku, mudryk, sterling and madueke aren't good enough

but but madueke and mudryk improved last games and I dont know if would be a mistake sell one of them...

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

we already have too many midfielders even without gallagher. 

casadei and andrey santos are in the team too. same as this new african kid. 

Santos and Casadei will probably be sold on lets be honest. Something has to give.

With the Lavia signing, there is no clear path for any of them to get in to the team. We have Moises, Lavia, Enzo, Gallagher & Ugochukwu all between the ages of 18-23. Too many similar profiles and ages for them all to make it. Simple as that.

17 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Santos and Casadei will probably be sold on lets be honest. Something has to give.

With the Lavia signing, there is no clear path for any of them to get in to the team. We have Moises, Lavia, Enzo, Gallagher & Ugochukwu all between the ages of 18-23. Too many similar profiles and ages for them all to make it. Simple as that.

Ugo is rubbish , gallagher might be sold 

18 hours ago, Vesper said:

if you look up feckless cunt in the dictionary

you will find Ziyech

Obviously I don't watch a lot of Gala, but seeing him against Copenhagen in CL this season and man... It's the exact annoying attitude and lack of work rate at Gala as it was in Chelsea. Truly can't stand him.

On 01/01/2024 at 14:51, Hamilton said:

Talksport.com has been quoted.
Return of a legend?

Kasper Schmeichel would be open to a return to the Premier League with a number of clubs looking to bolster their goalkeeping ranks.

Schmeichel left Leicester City to join French club Nice in the summer of 2022 after an 11-year spell at the King Power Stadium, where he wrote his name in Foxes folklore by winning both the Premier League title and the FA

It seems it is more than a coincidence that Schmeichel, 37 and now playing for Anderlecht, gave an emotional interview earlier this month in which he admitted he never wanted to leave Leicester.

talkSPORT understands Sheffield United are among the top flight teams in the hunt for a new ‘keeper after a couple if high-profile mistakes from Wes Foderingham.

Chelsea and Newcastle are also currently without regular number ones Robert Sanchez and Nick Pope due to injury.

Both clubs could do a lot better than Schmeichel, who has been shocking for some time now, both on club and international level. There is a reason he was dropped in Leicester as well. 

Sheffield is almost the only club he could actually improve.

Edited by calculatingInfinity

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Haven't see much of Lavia yet, and the mandatory caveat that he's fucking 19, but it does look like an unbalanced midfield to me. Aside from Enzo, the other players aren't very skillful. Compared that to a Kova and Jorgi, and it's really night and day. Kante's skill on the ball was very underrated IMO -- ball control at the speed he plays(ed) is very difficult.

16 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I mean given the fact we are going to give virtually everyone relatively new we’ve got time, we may as well do the same and see what he does next season with Poch if we keep him. If he doesn’t do well second season he has to go though yes. I do think he will only be a squad player unless he does something drastic though - the improvement will have to be huge and not to mention if Silva goes in the summer (likely), he has to step up and demonstrate some leadership qualities (was captain at Monaco). 

I think we are largely agreed on his ability. I think where we differ is on resale. For me, ability wise he is below both Colwill and Badi. The problem those two have had is a bad injury and being played LB - for me I haven't understood why we haven't gone 3atb at times - especially later in games - but that is for a different thread. Badi for me is a rough diamond who needs to cut silly mistakes out of his game, but overall I think he has the talent to a competent CB at a high level - it will be up to him to iron some of his mistakes out. 

In addition, Silva is much better than him, although he is most likely gone in the summer unfortunately - personally I would love him to pick up a player/coach role but I am not sure if he even sees himself as a coach as knows he probably can get a good number of years of playing in another league still. I also rate Trev above Disasi but I am not entirely sure what is going on with him in terms of injury and where the club see him in regard of FFP. As for Fofana, it is anyone's guess what we will get out of him when he returns. 

I think where we differ on Disasi is when we can resell. Personally, I think the sooner the better simply because of the length of his contract. Once we get Badi up to speed, and one out of two LB's that can stay fit, I see him dropping to the bench and not being seen much. After that, we could fall into a situation where he'll still have a ridiculously long contract and no-one going near the wages he is on. Thus, my desire to sell is more of a financial one, as I do recognise that he can be trusted to a degree and with our injuries, his habit of staying fit is a massive bonus. 

28 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Haven't see much of Lavia yet, and the mandatory caveat that he's fucking 19, but it does look like an unbalanced midfield to me. Aside from Enzo, the other players aren't very skillful. Compared that to a Kova and Jorgi, and it's really night and day. Kante's skill on the ball was very underrated IMO -- ball control at the speed he plays(ed) is very difficult.

This is one problem, the other is the complete lack of game management in CM. Personally, in CM I am all for a loan of an experienced player that can guide the young ones at times. They don't need to be a world beater, just someone who can calm things down at times when the going gets tough. 

Edited by King Kante

10 hours ago, Mário César said:

what you think about wingers?

I think if we not count nkunku, mudryk, sterling and madueke aren't good enough

but but madueke and mudryk improved last games and I dont know if would be a mistake sell one of them...

Nkunku needs to stay healthy. He's a big question mark fitness wise. He hasn't played 90 minutes for us yet, then we can talk about his place int he PL.
Sterling is the only winger we got. 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

I think we are largely agreed on his ability. I think where we differ is on resale. For me, ability wise he is below both Colwill and Badi. The problem those two have had is a bad injury and being played LB - for me I haven't understood why we haven't gone 3atb at times - especially later in games - but that is for a different thread. Badi for me is a rough diamond who needs to cut silly mistakes out of his game, but overall I think he has the talent to a competent CB at a high level - it will be up to him to iron some of his mistakes out. 

In addition, Silva is much better than him, although he is most likely gone in the summer unfortunately - personally I would love him to pick up a player/coach role but I am not sure if he even sees himself as a coach as knows he probably can get a good number of years of playing in another league still. I also rate Trev above Disasi but I am not entirely sure what is going on with him in terms of injury and where the club see him in regard of FFP. As for Fofana, it is anyone's guess what we will get out of him when he returns. 

I think where we differ on Disasi is when we can resell. Personally, I think the sooner the better simply because of the length of his contract. Once we get Badi up to speed, and one out of two LB's that can stay fit, I see him dropping to the bench and not being seen much. After that, we could fall into a situation where he'll still have a ridiculously long contract and no-one going near the wages he is on. Thus, my desire to sell is more of a financial one, as I do recognise that he can be trusted to a degree and with our injuries, his habit of staying fit is a massive bonus. 

This is one problem, the other is the complete lack of game management in CM. Personally, in CM I am all for a loan of an experienced player that can guide the young ones at times. They don't need to be a world beater, just someone who can calm things down at times when the going gets tough. 

Yeah Poch has made it perfectly clear that he will not play attacking FBs w/ this squad, so either the club addresses that (it seems Cuccu is a bust), or Colwill will keep playing there for the foreseeable future. Playing Colwill in LB provides some strategy alternatives like becoming 3atb at times, without needing to replace players. It's all been done before, but it does demand time to get it right.

Regarding the bolded part, completely agree. I've said the same thing to @Vesper I think early on this season. That we don't need WC players in every position, and an experienced mid might help more than another WC project... however good he may become a few years from now.

Edited by robsblubot

10 hours ago, King Kante said:

We got him less than 5 months ago and is number one in minutes played this season in a team. Dont think it will happen anytime soon.

14 hours ago, lucio said:

Ugo is rubbish , gallagher might be sold 

If Ugo is rubbish then it really doesn’t say much for Santos or Casedei as Poch decided to loan the pair of them but retain Ugo after evaluating all 3 in the States. 

Think selling Gallagher would be a huge mistake as well. Potential to drive a wedge between Poch and the footballing department too if the club try force him out the door despite Poch wanting to keep him.

12 hours ago, robsblubot said:

It is unbalanced but I think Caicedo has to do some adjusting to play the role Poch seems intent on using him as. Or switch the system entirely. I think the 433 with Connor, Enzo & Moises worked better than this 4231 malarky with Palmer and Nkunku as a 10 in front of the pair of either Connor or Enzo & Caicedo. 

48 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

If Ugo is rubbish then it really doesn’t say much for Santos or Casedei as Poch decided to loan the pair of them but retain Ugo after evaluating all 3 in the States. 

Think selling Gallagher would be a huge mistake as well. Potential to drive a wedge between Poch and the footballing department too if the club try force him out the door despite Poch wanting to keep him.

It is unbalanced but I think Caicedo has to do some adjusting to play the role Poch seems intent on using him as. Or switch the system entirely. I think the 433 with Connor, Enzo & Moises worked better than this 4231 malarky with Palmer and Nkunku as a 10 in front of the pair of either Connor or Enzo & Caicedo. 

That doesn't indicate who's better I feel. A good loan with regular playtime is better for development than staying around as 5th choice. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

I have seen very little from each players, but quite confident Casadei and Ugochukwu are very very different kind of players, different roles. Not sure of Santos though.