Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Jamal Musiala, Tammy Abraham, Jadon Sancho, Ivan Toney, and more...

Some random names there - but some key updates

https://siphillipstalkschelsea.substack.com/p/sources-jamal-musiala-tammy-abraham

Liverpool have secret weapon to pull off Jamal Musiala deal and secure  Salah replacement | Football | Sport | Express.co.uk

Chelsea’s transfer plans are fully underway for January, and for the summer, as I have been reporting on here all this week with a host of sourced stories.

I’ve been speaking to a couple of my best sources quite a bit this week and have been given a few bits of random information on the above names.

So as always, I am sharing it with you guys here.

Jamal Musiala

I’ve spoken about Musiala a few times recently and I have information from a couple of sources on him now.

One source this week tells me that Musiala is a ‘dream target’ for Chelsea for next summer, and there is genuine interest there from our side.

However, sources in Germany believe Musiala would only leave Bayern Munich for either Real Madrid or Manchester City and unfortunately, that is what my other top source has said as well - as I reported last week.

If Chelsea were to stand any chance of landing Musiala, they would need Champions League football at the very least. But the interest is there.

Although it is my personal opinion that we have no chance of getting him, so I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up - just reporting what I hear as always.

Tammy Abraham

As I put on the live blog yesterday, I am now hearing that Chelsea have cooled their interest in bringing Tammy Abraham back to Stamford Bridge. He’s always been on the list, but never a priority, and there are at least five strikers now ahead of him in on the shortlist.

He was suggested as a potential target by Frank Lampard’s staff at the end of last season, and he was considered then. But I’ve heard he is no longer being considered as a real option as of now (things can always change but I don’t expect them to with this one now).

Jadon Sancho

As I reported in the summer, Chelsea looked at the possibility of signing Jadon Sancho before they signed Cole Palmer and ended up opting for him. This was since confirmed by other outlets.

I am now told that we have distanced ourselves from Sancho as of now, and I am actually hearing that Juventus are showing a keen interest in signing the Manchester United winger.

Ivan Toney

A bit more on Toney. A source believes it is likely that Chelsea might use the opportunity to speak directly to Brentford this weekend regarding a potential move for Ivan Toney. I’m not sure if this will definitely happen, but it is more a belief of my top source rather than factual as of now. I suspect it will happen though as it just makes sense.

Chelsea wanting to keep targets under wraps

One of the main reasons I cannot report the ‘mystery name’ I’ve been given yet is because Chelsea are really trying to keep their targets under wraps - just as they did in the summer.

Of course I do get many names here, and I get many of them before anywhere else. So I will always put out what I am allowed to put out. But Chelsea want to try and keep as many of their main targets under wraps as possible. This is probably why the Toney stuff isn’t out there too much right now.

I’ve also been told we are looking at a few ‘big names’ and not just the mystery name I know about. I’m sure Musiala is probably one of those ‘big names’ but as I said, I only see him going to Manchester City or Real Madrid. We CAN dream/try though, for sure. Why not!?

Simon Phillips

Feyenoord

• Santiago Gimenez again on fire for Feyenoord this season! He has scored 15 goals in his last 9 games! He got a brace last night on his Champions League debut - he now has a total of 15 goals and three assists this season.

Tottenham could land Santiago Giménez for a €45m bargain fee

Let me start by mentioning what's going on around Santiago Giménez, the Mexican striker who had a fantastic Champions League debut against Lazio, scoring a brace. He’s scored 15 goals in the last nine games with Feyenoord too, so this boy is a real goal machine.

Last season he decided to stay at Feyenoord and sign a new deal, and now he's performing at a top level again with Arne Slot as manager, but what I wanted to clarify guys is that many of you have been asking me about Giménez to Tottenham or Real Madrid because of the words apparently said by someone close to the player in an interview.

What I can tell you after speaking to direct sources is Santiago Giménez has no agent or intermediary, there is no one taking care of his business other than his father - it’s important to verify that.

From what I'm hearing, something around €45m could be the right fee to get a deal done, so let's see if that’s in the January window or in the summer.

Tottenham scouts have been following the player since last year and surely he’s interesting for them - but also for many other clubs around Europe. This is why decisions will be made in the next month but, at the moment, no statement from the player’s father on this.

No chance for Mudryk to leave Chelsea

Mykhailo Mudryk is going to change his story at Chelsea for sure because we saw recently how well he's doing, scoring for Chelsea and the Ukrainian national team.

More than that, he's very happy in London now, in his personal life and has settled down. This is really important for a young player coming from a different country.

I also wanted to clarify about Mudryk’s situation in the summer guys. When some clubs started to approach Chelsea over the possibility of maybe finding a way to sign him after a difficult six months at the club, the answer was always the same from the board and the manager. They were all together to protect, support and back the player.

It was never the case that Chelsea would let the player leave in the summer or in any other moment. They trusted Mudryk then, they still trust him now and Chelsea think that we are still not saying the best of him. It will take time of course but the club believe he is going to be a big star in the future.

Chelsea

• Pochettino: “Christopher Nkunku is working really well now and he’s really close. We can have him involved as soon as possible. He's a really important player for us and for our project. Maybe after the international break he will be involved. Maybe… not sure. We are looking forward to seeing him help us score more goals.”

• Pochettino on January window: “We are ready, working with the sporting directors to be ready. We’ll speak to see if the team needs to add players offensively.”

• Si Phillips has all the latest on the links with Jamal Musiala, Ivan Toney, Jadon Sancho and Tammy Abraham exclusively here.

• Mauricio Pochettino is “not happy” with latest decision made regarding Chelsea [The Guardian via CaughtOffside]

• Pochettino on new deal for Conor Gallagher: “We have to see how he feels. The player, his plans and intentions, as well as what the club want. Both sides need to feel good and that’s why in this moment we can arrive at a new deal. Even if he wants to extend the contract, we will stop and speak…”

• No chance Mykhailo Mudryk will leave Chelsea. Find out why here.

Who is Miles Leaburn? The prolific Charlton striker attracting Chelsea's interest

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/tag/newsnow-features-only/miles-leaburn-charlton-striker-Chelsea-transfer-profile

Miles Leaburn, Charlton

Chelsea have become the latest club to register an interest in Miles Leaburn, who is fast taking the Football League by storm.

Leaburn came through the academy at Chelsea but joined Charlton after being released as a 16-year-old and three years later, his former club are looking to make up for their mistake.

Article continues under the video

However, Chelsea will likely face competition for Leaburn’s signature, with the giant striker also wanted by Brentford and having been tracked by Aston Villa.

SPECULATION: Blues plotting return of academy striker

But just who is the teenager looking to make the rise up the divisions and make his way into the Premier League?

What position does Miles Leaburn play?

Leaburn is a right-footed striker, renowned for his stature at 6 foot 6 inches, making him a lethal target man for Charlton.

How good is Miles Leaburn?

Leaburn has had a low profile career so far, being released by Chelsea’s academy in 2019 to little fanfare and joining Charlton’s youth team in League One.

However, it wasn’t until the opening day of last season when Leaburn made his debut for the Addicks aged 18, coming off the bench against Accrington Stanley and christening his first professional appearance with a goal.

The son of former Charlton forward Carl, Leaburn went on to score 13 goals in all competitions as his side finished 10th in League One, with the youngster making 23 starts.

His impressive record led to interest from Villa, prompting Charlton manager Dean Holden to say last season: “Miles is not for sale. He is a fantastic young player with lots to learn still.”

5️⃣0️⃣ appearances
1️⃣9️⃣ goals

Enjoy all of @MilesLeaburn's strikes so far 💫#cafc pic.twitter.com/YbfGOVUltN

Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) October 26, 2023

Leaburn has scored three goals in nine games this season, with five of those appearances being starts, but his height and physical prowess has attracted attention from across the country.

What clubs are interested in signing Miles Leaburn?

Chelsea and Brentford are thought to be the latest teams interest in Leaburn but interest is likely to grow if he continues his progress and goalscoring form.

Aston Villa had made an approach for Leaburn last season, while a £3 million offer is thought to have been rejected by Charlton fron an unnamed Bundesliga club during the summer.

When does Miles Leaburn’s contract expire?

Leaburn has a contract with Charlton until June 30th 2025.

How old is Miles Leaburn?

Leaburn was born on 28th November 2003, making him 19 years old.

What is Miles Leaburn’s Instagram?

Leaburn has 6000 followers on Instagram as of October 2023.

bcd3a8ade32f9454b3c37009836bc854.png

Edited by Vesper

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Context probably important here but I swear to god if I see any more young player links I might just break my computer. This is getting beyond ridiculous. 

:argh:

lol

Another wonderkid?! Chelsea tracking 17-year-old Palmeiras youngster Luis Guilherme amid rival interest from West Ham

https://www.goal.com/en-kw/news/Chelsea-tracking-17-year-old-palmeiras-youngster-luis-guilherme-interest-west-ham/blted1c809300863c52

Luis Guilherme Palmeiras

If you could take two players out of any team in the world, financially possible, who would it be? 

We are desperately missing leadership, I watched Obi's podcast the other day on what life was like at Chelsea with Ballack, Essien etc and one point that always strikes is that he said everyday was like you had to prove yourself or you'd be told what you're not doing.

23 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

If you could take two players out of any team in the world, financially possible, who would it be? 

We are desperately missing leadership, I watched Obi's podcast the other day on what life was like at Chelsea with Ballack, Essien etc and one point that always strikes is that he said everyday was like you had to prove yourself or you'd be told what you're not doing.

Osimhen

Vini Jr (Vini ONLY can happen as I explained multiple times about Mbappe/Håland/Osimhen and LWer/CF at Madrid with Reece as bait, and it still is a one in hundred shot)

if no Vini

then

Jamal Musiala or Florian Wirtz or Khvicha Kvaratskhelia

1 hour ago, DH1988 said:

A fit KDB & Haaland would be nice, wouldn't have to worry about watching Madueke/Sterling/Jackson do f*ck all in attack. 

Chelsea

• Pochettino supports Sanchez: "He is very relaxed, very calm. We are helping him. Football is about mistakes. The responsibility is with the whole team and the coaching staff is the first. To blame someone is to blame us, myself, but not him."

• Sanchez was caught in no man’s land, however, when Brentford hit their second goal in a 2-0 win at Stamford Bridge - the first time any team has won their first three Premier League games at Chelsea:

• Pochettino: “Enzo and Mudryk felt something in training yesterday, small muscle injuries for them both. We hoped they would be okay to be in the squad but they aren't quite ready. We didn't want to take risks.”

• Nicolas Jackson involved in a heated exchange with a Chelsea fan – Pochettino forced to intervene [talkSPORT via CaughtOffside]

• Why has Noni Madueke’s season not gone to plan so far? Find out here.

• Trevoh Chalobah’s confirmed departure will force Chelsea into the transfer market. An exclusive behind the scenes look at what’s next here.

• Santi Giménez: “In recent days, people far from my camp mentioned me and my future. I have NO agent. The only person taking care of my career is my dad with Mariel. Don’t consider any statement from other people. If we have any news to share, we’ll let you know.”

On 29/10/2023 at 09:22, DH1988 said:

Bring back together the duo of Haaland and Bellingham in Chelsea blue. What could have been...

For posterity: been watching Ferguson closely in the minutes he gets.

Potential: he looks pretty good on the ball, and is a pretty powerful guy esp for a 18yo. His reading of the game is also impressive for his age. It's still difficult to know his ceiling, but he looks promising no doubt.

Current ability: nowhere near the level we'd need... we are talking 3-4 years to get a player out of him.

Another way to read this is, he's not good enough to be a decisive player as a youngster.

(watches as he proves me wrong this season or next one) 😅

Edited by robsblubot

Musiala's camp with classic „Premier League is most exciting league in the world” spiel. Like lol, mate, not like you weren't in this exact freaking Premier League before you jumped to Bayern, claiming you'd prefer to live in Germany after all.