Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Just now, Mhsc said:

Call me sentimental but I don’t think Timo was a shit buy, just not the big time goal scorer we thought we were getting. We fell off the day he left.

Timo was great buy, sadly we replaced him with wish Timo aka Sterling who is a lazy fuck least Timo was trying his best every match.

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Edouard Mendy    Stade Rennais FC    Rennes    €24.00m

C'mon. Cheap, obviously limited, bought when Kepa was absolutely horrendous, saved our ass on many levels, went beast mode beyond any expectations, not good when no one was good, finally essentially pushed off the stairs by club  and Potter for whatever reason. The sole difference to entire team he made after arrival makes him one of better buys in my eyes.

And Zakaria, well, another Saul story was to be expected but actually did decent, when played, that wasn't often.

12 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

C'mon. Cheap, obviously limited, bought when Kepa was absolutely horrendous, saved our ass on many levels, went beast mode beyond any expectations, not good when no one was good, finally essentially pushed off the stairs by club  and Potter for whatever reason. The sole difference to entire team he made after arrival makes him one of better buys in my eyes.

And Zakaria, well, another Saul story was to be expected but actually did decent, when played, that wasn't often.

To this day, I don't understand what happened with Mendy. I suspect some serious off-pitch issue, but don't really know.

23 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Timo was great buy, sadly we replaced him with wish Timo aka Sterling who is a lazy fuck least Timo was trying his best every match.

we took a huge loss on him, and he never delivered on a consistent basis

good lad, but a terrible EPL footballer

his shooting was insanely poor

56 minutes ago, Tomo said:

From what I'm reading that's exactly what he'd do from a defensive standpoint.

It's on the ball where he's weak to non existent.

Actually, he’s a pretty neat and tidy footballer. Good first touch, looks good receiving the ball under pressure, can dribble a bit. Doesn’t appear to offer much in terms of forward passing, though.

Those traits sound an awful lot like Kova. He’s basically a knock off version of Kova. 

24 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we took a huge loss on him, and he never delivered on a consistent basis

good lad, but a terrible EPL footballer

his shooting was insanely poor

There is no loss in football; the whole point is to make the club bigger by winning and collecting silverware.

Timo, as limited as he was, was important in acquiring the biggest silverware in club football.

Honestly, I think sometimes we make things more complicated than they need to be.

Edited by robsblubot

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

The idea a CB can't adapt in both CB slots is the biggest mystery in football. Also pointless discussion because my point was we should've got him last year instead of Fofana not this year.

So we should of bought a left sided CB instead of a right sided CB? And it really isn't the biggest mystery in football at all?  You block the ball or tackle with your strongest leg normally, stick a left footed CB on the right and watch how many penalties and free kicks he gives away.

5 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

So we should of bought a left sided CB instead of a right sided CB? And it really isn't the biggest mystery in football at all?  You block the ball or tackle with your strongest leg normally, stick a left footed CB on the right and watch how many penalties and free kicks he gives away.

Gvardiol or Levi out of position better than that money wasted on Fofana and I highly doubt they would be as bad as between a goalkeeper and a attacking midfield like that poster claimed.

Also it's funny how you are so obsessed with all my posts, yesterday you claimed we should play Jackson as a AM and let Vlahovic up top if needed but for some reason a CB can't do it because it's not his dominant leg.

Edited by TheHulk

12 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Gvardiol or Levi out of position better than that money wasted on Fofana and I highly doubt they would be as bad as between a goalkeeper and a attacking midfield like that poster claimed.

Also it's funny how you are so obsessed with all my posts, yesterday you claimed we should play Jackson as a AM and let Vlahovic up top if needed but for some reason a CB can't do it because it's not his dominant leg.

Playing behind a striker is called a centre forward not an attacking midfielder. Clearly you have never played football before, because you haven't a clue about trying to lead with your weak leg in tackles or blocking, it's like putting ziyech on the right wing and asking him to cross with only his right foot, see how many actually hit the box.

3 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Playing behind a striker is called a centre forward not an attacking midfielder. Clearly you have never played football before, because you haven't a clue about trying to lead with your weak leg in tackles or blocking, it's like putting ziyech on the right wing and asking him to cross with only his right foot, see how many actually hit the box.

Yet the likes of Azpi could put a shift as a left back albeit he wasn't as good long term. Maldini also an example.

I didn't even say I wanted Gvardiol this season because luckily things panned out okay for us but let's not pretend that was the plan all along, if it wasn't for the fans getting angry Levi would've been sold last season to Brighton.

Having the Gvardiol/Levi headache right now instead of 70 millions in hospital would be tons better right now no matter how you spin it.

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

Feel dirty getting any money and/or player for Lukaku. 😅

Like you know the car your are selling has a dodgy motor, but you take the money anyway.

Well, we would get a car that could fall apart any time as well in return so ig its fair.