Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

70m for Hojlund vs 30m for Jackson.

I’ve said here numerous times but I don’t think Hojlund looks all that impressive. Yes, he very young, but I’d have Jackson based on what we’ve seen so far.

At roughly a 70M€ fee Højlund will no dobut be on much larger wages than Jackson too. 

If Jackson can continue his pre-season and late 22/23 season Villarreal performances going into the new PL season we may just have discovered a real gem at a very reasonable price. Right now it's still too early to say if he can keep it up but so far the signs are looking very promising.

18 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

People say we cant be fast? First rumor today and 2 hours later its a here we go

Good signing. I will like to see if Pochetino wants to take a look at him right now before sending out to loan. 

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Youth players are defined under FFP rules by the age, not if they are academy or first team players. The money spent on players defined as youth players does not count toward FFP. When they are sold for profit, it counts positively toward a club’s FFP calculation.

The owners have said there is a separate budget for youth players. Buying all these 2004 born players is like printing free FFP credit for the future with no FFP counting against us. As soon as this is seen as Chelsea exploiting a loop hole, it will be screamed about in the press and they will start counting it when buying the kids.

Mbappe and Hojlund count towards ffp why would this guy be any different. The reality is Boehly and his men are wasting all our resources instead of getting Caicedo. We paying 23m for this guy and another 25 for the other both whom we could've used towards Caicedo, now we're even more ffp limited and may not be able to get Caicedo even if we had the money.

Edited by TheHulk

12 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

He's never going to recover.

I never wanted to buy him in the first place because of the broken leg scenario then to pay £80M for him was ludicrous.

I'm convinced he's never coming back from the ACL.

We desperately need to replace him now, we have no one to play RCB other than Thiago and how many games can he manage.

Thank you!!

3 hours ago, Jype said:

Am I really the only one who just doesn't see all the hype with Lavia? I mean for an 18-19yo player he's been very decent but based on what I saw from him at Southampton he's miles off from being the finished article and comes with some glaring weaknesses too. 

I for one wouldn't be comfortable us getting Lavia as our key midfield signing, just as I wouldn't be comfortable with this new French guy either. As squad options sure, but as key players no.

Sending the Frenchie to Strasbourg for the season to play under his idol Patrick Vieira should be a good move. Let's see how he develops.

You're not the only one. For the prices mentioned I don't want Lavia or Caicedo. There are probably loads of players out there just like them for a fraction of the money and it looks like we just signed one, now move on from those two please. I'm most worried about lack of experience and age in the squad, missing out on European football two seasons in a row could cement us as a mid-table club for an extended period. Signing all them kids is all good and dandy, but it will mean fuck all if we as a club will become a mid-table laughing stock.

Hopefully we get clarification immediately after we sign this kid one way or another whether he’s going straight on loan or staying. If we get word he’s staying then the Caicedo deal is dead. 

Signing a 19 year old Lavia to be the primary defensive midfield shield who has played in the PL and knows what it entails is already super risky. Signing a 19 year old to be the primary defensive shield for your team when he’s coming from a small French team would be utterly bonkers.

And I cannot imagine Poch has this idea in mind. He was just stressing that he needs someone experienced in midfield. This kid CANNOT be our Caicedo alternative, surely.

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

Mbappe and Hojlund count towards ffp why would this guy be any different. The reality is Boehly and his men are wasting all our resources instead of getting Caicedo. We paying 23m for this guy and another 25 for the other both whom we could've used towards Caicedo, now we're even more ffp limited and may not be able to get Caicedo even if we had the money.

Have you got any links and articles that prove we're "FFP limited" with these two signings or are you just making it up to fit a narrative?

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Have you got any links and articles that prove we're "FFP limited" with these two signings or are you just making it up to fit a narrative?

What narrative am I making up that we're getting 2 French guys for almost 50m and some here pretend it doesn't count towards ffp because they are under 21? I never heard of such bullshit, Mbappe, Hojlund, Lavia all under 21 and all count towards ffp but narrative is Boehly knows some shit and despite us spending a shit ton on kids none count towards ffp, where the proof to this?

Edited by TheHulk

13 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

What narrative am I making up that we're getting 2 French guys for almost 50m and some here pretend it doesn't count towards ffp because they are under 21? I never heard of such bullshit, Mbappe, Hojlund, Lavia all under 21 and all count towards ffp but narrative is Boehly knows some shit and despite us spending a shit ton on kids none count towards ffp, where the proof to this?

http://www.kridalegal.com/post.php?id=27#:~:text=It means that not only,relevant income with player sales.

Scroll down to youth development and ffp

Edited by YorkshireBlue

7 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

What narrative am I making up that we're getting 2 French guys for almost 50m and some here pretend it doesn't count towards ffp because they are under 21? I never heard of such bullshit, Mbappe, Hojlund, Lavia all under 21 and all count towards ffp but narrative is Boehly knows some shit and despite us spending on ton of kids none count towards ffp, where the proof to this?

You lost your credibility when u claimed that Mbappe is under 21 lol.