Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

19 minutes ago, DDA said:

Started watching Onana clips to compare and bloody hell that lad is a baller.

18 minutes ago, lucio said:

Yeh he’s fantastic. Should be in for him 

Yes I was saying the same in this thread in the last week but getting absolutely shouted down. I still maintain he and various others are very sensible partners for Enzo without us spending crazy money, so we do NOT need to let Brighton bend us over and should feel comfortable to walk away if they are talking stupid money. We already have a ridiculous mega star in Enzo in CM, we just need to unchain him - of course if we have unlimited money and no FFP, then whatever, just go and pay £100m for him and if he is a bust we go again, but it is possible we still need to buy CAM/winger hybrid (Kudus), alternative GK (?) and maybe CB (?), and we DO have financial / FFP limitations.

This kid is a reasonably uninspiring solution to the same problem that Onana would solve so I am a bit disappointed, no way we get both as they're so similar but to be fair to our scouts they've done a cracking job on a fair few players so I'll wait to see him in preseason (assuming that's the plan, who can even say). I do not know Rennes or their style of football, perhaps in a our progressive/attacking system he'll unleash some stats that our scouts can see coming.

Edited by Mhsc

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

But they sent first offer 3 days ago and now Romano saying it's close. Before they were focused on other signing. 

But they were negotiating a lot. Just Atalanta arent as bitchy as Brighton 🤣

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

There's a graph that Youness has just show in his latest video of a comparison between Lavia and Ugo.... and they are identical. 

It's not all about graphs.. it's about how they perform consistently and handle the pressure of playing for us. 

We dont know if even one of them could. Both are kids

16 minutes ago, DDA said:

Started watching Onana clips to compare and bloody hell that lad is a baller.

I have serious doubts about Onana. Physical beast but doesn't seem like the player for a team with majority possession most games.

5 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

70m for someone who scored 9 goals in Serie A, on par with Tammy, less than 34 yo Arnautovic. Oh my god this striker market is rotten. 

People were sad we didn't get him instead of Jackson. 

Jackson looks great. More money =/ better value or player. 

6 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

70m for someone who scored 9 goals in Serie A, on par with Tammy, less than 34 yo Arnautovic. Oh my god this striker market is rotten. 

70m for Hojlund vs 30m for Jackson.

I’ve said here numerous times but I don’t think Hojlund looks all that impressive. Yes, he very young, but I’d have Jackson based on what we’ve seen so far.