Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1) Doesn’t Maguire play on the left side or perhaps in the middle of a back 3 if you use that formation? If cover for Fofana’s injury is brought in it needs to be a right sided player

2) Why would Maguire want to hop from a situation where he’d be on United’s bench to our bench when he could go to a West Ham or and Everton and start every match?

3) He’s fucking shit and why would we want him anyways?!

If we ever get into an emergency situation where Trev and Chalobah are injured at the same time we can always temporarily play a back 3 with Reece as a right sided CB. I don’t think it’s worth spending money on anyone at this point.

As for Fofana, imagine how unbelievably soul destroying and demoralizing it has to be to now miss multiple entire seasons due to injuries ag such a young age. Genuinely gutted for him. Had he been injury free for these past couple of years he could’ve been coached into one of Europe’s best. 😩😩😩

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

So Trev, Thiago Silva, Colwill, and Badiashile for the whole season. Assuming Badiashile returns pretty early in the season as reported. 

Probably good enough for a season without Europe. Assuming Poch’s plan is for a back 4. 

You could add James as a CB too, now that we have Malo

19 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Doubt we would sign another left footed CB unless Colwill is sold tbf. And if we did, would imagine would be more likely to go for Gvardiol although Laporte is a top player.

oh, for sure

my list of left footed CBs was only IF we (stupidly) sold Colwill

I think he will be out of action for almost the whole season and will only be back for the new pre-season.

we need now necessarily a top CB who plays on the right Chalobah is a great kid and one of us but he wants to play somewhere regular now at his age for me Chalobah is anyway no 2.man IV if we would still play a 3 chain it would be different but not with 2 back.
Silva will also only be there this season so it needs now to come in a top shot on the IV right!

Humphreys is left-footed and does not fit on right IV in a 2 chain. 
I think he will also leave us we have Colwill and Badiashile there now.

Humphreys

My list would look like this:

Antonio Silva
Giorgio Scalvini
Marc Guehi
Taylor Harwood-Bellis
Armet Bella-Kotchap
still very young but a mega talent is Leny Yoro 

Zeno Debast I would transfer meanwhile for Strasbourg there he could develop with A.Sylla super Etwickeln.

In addition, I am very sure that Gallagher, Chalobah, Cucurella and (Broja on loan) will leave us to the others we have already read.

Kepa and Sterling will both stay.

18 minutes ago, mkh said:

I think he will be out of action for almost the whole season and will only be back for the new pre-season.

we need now necessarily a top CB who plays on the right Chalobah is a great kid and one of us but he wants to play somewhere regular now at his age for me Chalobah is anyway no 2.man IV if we would still play a 3 chain it would be different but not with 2 back.
Silva will also only be there this season so it needs now to come in a top shot on the IV right!

Humphreys is left-footed and does not fit on right IV in a 2 chain. 
I think he will also leave us we have Colwill and Badiashile there now.

Humphreys

Antonio Silva
Giorgio Scalvini
Marc Guehi
Taylor Harwood-Bellis
Armet Bella-Kotchap

Zeno Debast I would transfer meanwhile for Strasbourg there he could develop with A.Sylla super Etwickeln.

In addition, I am very sure that Gallagher, Chalobah, Cucurella and (Broja on loan) will leave us to the others we have already read.

Kepa and Sterling will both stay.

So your solution is to sell Chalobah because he allegedly wants more minutes (even though an opportunity now presented itself for more minutes here) and you want to replace him with a "top CB" but have provided options that have significantly less top flight experience than Chalobah, will cost a fortune, and are not as versatile as Chalobah. 

Just now, bluesman2610 said:

I just read that both Goretzka and Kimmich are for sale. One priced at €45m-€55m and the other at €75m. We need experience in the engine room of the midfield I think either of these players would dramatically enhance us

If Kimmich is available at 75m we buy immediately without hesitation surely

On 18/07/2023 at 17:58, mkh said:

Antonio Silva
Giorgio Scalvini
Marc Guehi
Taylor Harwood-Bellis
Armet Bella-Kotchap

pretty much agree

pretty comprehensive list of right footed CBs (I did not list former Chels)

Ronald Araújo   (hard as hell pull)
Min-jae Kim  Bayern (almost done)
Milan Skriniar PSG
António Silva  
Jurrien Timber  Arse
Giorgio Scalvini 
Bremer   
Robin Le Normand
José María Giménez (last summer on any of my lists as he turns 30 in 18 months, plus he has a poor injury history)
Jean-Clair Todibo 
Pierre Kalulu  
Mohamed Simakan 
Taylor Harwood-Bellis (IF Citeh sells him)

Edmond Tapsoba    
Roger Ibañez
Axel Disasi    
Perr Schuurs 
Nicolò Casale 
Ilya Zabarnyi  
Malick Thiaw 
Anel Ahmedhodzic 

Merih Demiral 
Josip Sutalo   
Danilho Doekhi

Armel Bella-Kotchap (not quite sold on him atm, he started great but then reverted a bit)
Odilon Kossounou
Maxence Lacroix
Zeno Debast
Ousmane Diomande

Leny Yoro (17 yo)
Luka Vuskovic (16 yo)

Edited by Vesper

We were already 1 CB too many even before Fofana. 

We don't need another CB let alone another 19-21 year old CB or a CB that will either cost a fortune or isn't that much of an upgrade on Chalobah. 

If we bring in a top CB, we will be exposing ourselves to another issue next summer with 4 top CBs demanding playing time. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue