Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

41 minutes ago, Jype said:

If Lukaku pisses off Inter enough for them to back out on the deal, and Juve can't sell Vlahovic in the next couple of weeks then Lukaku might not have a choice but to accept the Saudi offer.

At this point I really don't care where he goes, as long as he does.

Or he just stays for 17m pounds a year. 

2 hours ago, Strike said:

I would rather do this than go for Lautaro or Vlahovic.

I mean yeah, if those were the only two options than I’d rather just wait to go for another striker.

33 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I mean yeah, if those were the only two options than I’d rather just wait to go for another striker.

Yeah, tbh the striker markert is basically dead atm. 

Noticed Brighton recently bought young joao Pedro de Jesus from watford. Always liked him for his ability to hold his own alone up front in that terrible Watford side when they last were in the PL. nice close  ball control and using his body well. Still only 21 while having lots of experience in English football already. Can see him leaving Brighton for 60m+ in the next few years. 

Edited by Magic Lamps

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

Noticed Brighton recently bought young joao pereira from watford. Always liked him for his ability to hold his own alone up front in that terrible Watford side when they last were in the PL. nice close  ball control and using his body well. Still only 21 while having lots of experience in English football already. Can see him leaving Brighton for 60m+ in the next few years. 

Good signing for them, I really rate Ferguson at Brighton as a prospect, could see him moving upward, depending on which team comes in, if it’s us then triple the quote, if it’s Liverpool then probably on a free.

6 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Good signing for them, I really rate Ferguson at Brighton as a prospect, could see him moving upward, depending on which team comes in, if it’s us then triple the quote, if it’s Liverpool then probably on a free.

Still can't believe we're dragging on the Caicedo negotiations.   Surely we could have moved for an alternative midfielder by now.   

34 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Still can't believe we're dragging on the Caicedo negotiations.   Surely we could have moved for an alternative midfielder by now.   

Very odd how it’s so public, works one of two ways, that we think the club will cave to the player, which they clearly won’t, verbal agreement or not, or that the selling club hold all the cards, which Brighton do, sadly.

35 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Why? They've identified he's the best option. Haven't read anything indicating a collapse in talks or any other club interested.

Arsenal, ManU and City have signed midfielders. Liverpool are not interested.

We’ve received such an absurd amount of cash from player sales that I just cannot understand why Caicedo is taking so long. We could literally take the money from Havertz and Pulisic alone and pay for Caicedo in full. It isn’t as if we’re on a shoestring budget where we have to desperately break up the fee into 8 tiny installments.

These rival clubs like Liverpool, United, and City may be keeping their distance for the time being but the longer we fuck around negotiating the higher the chance of one of them saying “you know what, why not just pay what Brighton want?”

City have already shown that they’re willing to put mega money on the table for a midfielder with Rice. They ain’t just gonna not go for someone else. 

Liverpool could unexpectedly receive £50-60m from Saudi for Fabinho and Henderson. They could quite easily take that money, add £25-30m and get Caicedo who I’m sure would be perfectly happy to play under Klopp and reunite with his former teammate Mac Allister. 

I mean, how fucking embarrassing would it be now for us to have negotiated for months (dating back to when we wanted him in January) only to see him go to a direct rival instead?

15 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Very odd how it’s so public, works one of two ways, that we think the club will cave to the player, which they clearly won’t, verbal agreement or not, or that the selling club hold all the cards, which Brighton do, sadly.

Well, we may always pull out and Brighton not get the borderline ridiculous money. They are left with unhappy player and no guarantee his price will increase. WHU Wanted 120 mil + bonuses for Rice at one point.

Caicedo is still a bet of a player, not Kante, but 10 years younger. I'm fine with the club being bit less trigger-happy with wallet, than in the first window. I feel that people are loosing their minds over him like with Enzo and earlier they absolute best player ever we will be relegated without, freaking Raphinia lol.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We could literally take the money from Havertz and Pulisic alone and pay for Caicedo in full. It isn’t as if we’re on a shoestring budget where we have to desperately break up the fee into 8 tiny installments.

People seem to be missing a fact that we got cash for players we've sold, but it's not like we have sold them for profit. They have costed us way more, than we got back.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

“you know what, why not just pay what Brighton want?”

I don't think any big club bar Chelsea will let themselves be hostage of small clubs for players that are still somewhat of a gamble.

Edited by Vegetable

Lukaku is fucking us again. We spent a lot of time and effort to negotiate with Inter and right when our guys got Inter to pay the amount that we wanted, Lukaku pulls out of the deal, wanting to join a team that will only pay if they can offload their unwanted other striker. 

9 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Lukaku is fucking us again. We spent a lot of time and effort to negotiate with Inter and right when our guys got Inter to pay the amount that we wanted, Lukaku pulls out of the deal, wanting to join a team that will only pay if they can offload their unwanted other striker. 

So once again PSG could possibly fuck us over by either slow walking their interest in Vlahovic or just not going for him at all and then Juve couldn’t afford Lukaku. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

So once again PSG could possibly fuck us over by either slow walking their interest in Vlahovic or just not going for him at all and then Juve couldn’t afford Lukaku. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I swear this guy will be here on 1st of september. Hes like a fungus, hard to get rid of.