Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

If we fail with Veiga least we have alternatives, hope the club looking at Cherki.

Szoboszlai’s reasonable release clause expires tomorrow so it’s unlikely to be him, sadly. He’s be the best Mount replacement we could make.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Szoboszlai’s reasonable release clause expires tomorrow so it’s unlikely to be him, sadly. He’s be the best Mount replacement we could make.

But I read the release clause becomes active again in January? Maybe we can put a couple millions more like we did with Nkunku and Jackson and get it done.

Edited by TheHulk

Given the players that have departed, I would be surprised now if Gallagher left as we already look light in midfield and whilst still young, he at least as some reasonable experience now. I'm not his biggest fan personally as I have my doubts over his technical ability but I could also see Poch appreciating his work rate and intensity in a high octane, pressing team.

I think the club would have preferred to keep Kante, albeit on their terms, and that does then make me wonder if we'll identify a more experienced player to be added as a replacement. I see there has been tentative talk of Kessie and I could possibly see someone of that ilk being added for the right price.

Ultimately though, assuming we can strike a deal for Caicedo, this is going to be an extremely young group of midfielders, and will be a complete turn from it being probably our most experienced area of the pitch in recent times. I can possibly see Santos staying if he impresses in pre season, and I can also see the possibility of Lewis Hall being ear marked as a squad player for that midfield too.

For now, Caicedo seems to be the number one choice for the club, and does seem to be an ideal fit to partner Enzo. It's imperative we get this deal done and can then review things during pre season. A long, drawn out saga must be avoided, we want as much of the squad together for as long as possible during pre season.

3 minutes ago, Superblue said:

Given the players that have departed, I would be surprised now if Gallagher left as we already look light in midfield and whilst still young, he at least as some reasonable experience now. I'm not his biggest fan personally as I have my doubts over his technical ability but I could also see Poch appreciating his work rate and intensity in a high octane, pressing team.

I think the club would have preferred to keep Kante, albeit on their terms, and that does then make me wonder if we'll identify a more experienced player to be added as a replacement. I see there has been tentative talk of Kessie and I could possibly see someone of that ilk being added for the right price.

Ultimately though, assuming we can strike a deal for Caicedo, this is going to be an extremely young group of midfielders, and will be a complete turn from it being probably our most experienced area of the pitch in recent times. I can possibly see Santos staying if he impresses in pre season, and I can also see the possibility of Lewis Hall being ear marked as a squad player for that midfield too.

For now, Caicedo seems to be the number one choice for the club, and does seem to be an ideal fit to partner Enzo. It's imperative we get this deal done and can then review things during pre season. A long, drawn out saga must be avoided, we want as much of the squad together for as long as possible during pre season.

Looking at current squad I only see Gallagher as backup for Nkunku as AM in 4231 which is expected formation from Poch. Don't think he can play in double pivot. People are discussing Mount replacement but I think Szoboszlai or Veiga may be targets only if we sell Conor. 

2 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Based Winstanley.

Thank you Paul. There was a report Boehly created twitter account just to see what fans are saying and it looked like he was always trying to make them happy. Thankfully guy with knowledge took charge. 

7 minutes ago, DDA said:

Who the fuck is this Cherki guy...??

He reminds me of Hazard but is still inconsistent, he qualified with France U21 in the QFs, wouldn't mind him here at all. Think at some point he will get it together and breakthrough. Think he was also in trials at Chelsea when he was 12 years old but not sure.

Edited by TheHulk

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Cold and ballsy from Paul. All those vids of mount overhitting passes take focus off how many counter attacks he squandered by not passing at all or playing it safe. Thank fuck he at least did it right that one time… 

first time in ages English tax works noticeably in our favour. 

I laughed at the bolded part. Although the fee is nice, I can't help but feel it could have been more. Especially as Declan Rice went for £100m+ and they are the same exact age (literally 4 days apart), English national team regulars and well established in the Premier League. And Mount is offensive player too which should be a factor. Both had 1 year left on their deals though I read that Rice had 1 year option to extend. Is that 40m pounds difference ?

4 minutes ago, Mário César said:

mata was incredible in 2012/2013 and has never been able to have a season like that again.

Too bad he didn't stay with us longer. 

He mentioned somewhere he loved it at Chelsea, think he never really recovered after he left. Picking the Brazilian Mount over him was absurd.

1 minute ago, Mário César said:

Where?

he's problem was playing in a team that had moyes as a manager

After he moved to United but I can't find the interview anymore, had only good things to say about us and how the fans made him settle almost instantly after he arrived. He never really reproduced the magic at United we saw here.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I think I am safe to say I have seen Szoboszlai more on the pitch than other members of this forum.. As much as I would love to have a Hungarian player for Chelsea, I don’t really see him succeed in the Premier League. 

He is really amazing from set-piece, scoring and assisting a lot from free kicks and corners, but during the game I feel he is slow, both feet and head. Very similar attributes to Kulusevski. He also thrived in the beginning for Spurs and has been ok since that, but Spurs-fans often annoyed because of slow feet and head.

2 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Where are the experts here that told us he isn't a money grabbing fraud? You we're right man @Costa19

Ashley Cole might be a Chelsea man, but when he came in this season as part of Lampards team, I'm sure he would have told Mount to take the money and run. Nearly every player on the planet looks out for themselves. No guarantees of a long career.