Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

45 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Him [RLC]  and Pulisic both could have been incredible footballers if not for injuries.

I don't agree, but we'll never know. Good luck to both players on their next step.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

6 hours ago, Vegetable said:

It's not the outgoings that is the problem, it's the lack of quality replacements. Normally you get better players and then sell the ones you have, not clear entire squad and then think what can be macgyvered next. I'd say people will cry for Mudryk to be sold after they successfully cried for Pulisic to be sold, but it already happened after his second game or so, so like 😂 

(On the sidenote of Pulisic in particular, we went so downhill people expect him to fill Hazard's shoes, but let's not forget he was acquired as pretty much PR buy, likeable, well-headed squad player, sub at best, who made us multiple times the money was spent on him). 

And I'm far from being fooled that buying some exciting prospect from third New Zeland's division, who will join us in 7 years when they'll grow up is improving our squad now anyhow. We are going for another "downgrade to upgrade" cycle, but we had it already entire previous season, so it may be harsh. Besides, excluding James, who is the leader character of this team now? Vice captain? Kepa? Lol. Thiago is heading retirement sooner than later, he will be more Cahill senior this season I guess.

I agree this clearout is much needed, but doing it in headless rush and securing third-choice replacements on the go may end in tears again. Plus, let's not forget how huge percentage of players are performing great before joining and after leaving our club, but somehow not quite while they are here…

And yeah, a lot of relationships just washed up, Mount, Zyiech (why we bought him is beyond me), Lukaku, Kova etc don't want to be here and they lack engagement, but on what basis we rely on Madueke, Mudryk, half of Brighton team and mr Jackson to go full John Terry and fight for the badge, especially lacking leaders to ridiculous extent, I'm not quite sure…

That's my thinking as well. 

After all that happened last season., you think more people would be cautious.

It always feels that the new management has the best intentions and direction, but for every step forward they've ended up taking two steps back.

Did Tuchel need to go after the disaster class of a start last season and an insipid end to the previous one? Maybe. Should he have been replaced by a less experienced Potter? No.

Did the board need to rectify the squad in the January window after the failings of the summer window? Yes. Did they need to bloat the squad with too many unproven players in similar positions? No.

Did the board need to replace Potter after a disastrous run of results, and lackluster gameplay? Likely yes. Did they need to bring in a novice like Lampard to help out an imbalanced squad? No.

So yes, I will still be cautious about the moves they make this year because I got burnt by expectations last season.

The clearout is likely needed. But this sort of mass clearout where you chuck 3/4th of the first eleven in one window like in a Fifa game is a bit unprecedented.

I'd feel a lot more confident if we had quality WC replacements lined up, but atm it feels like too much weight is being put on Pochettino's shoulders.

3 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

That's my thinking as well. 

After all that happened last season., you think more people would be cautious.

It always feels that the new management has the best intentions and direction, but for every step forward they've ended up taking two steps back.

Did Tuchel need to go after the disaster class of a start last season and an insipid end to the previous one? Maybe. Should he have been replaced by a less experienced Potter? No.

Did the board need to rectify the squad in the January window after the failings of the summer window? Yes. Did they need to bloat the squad with too many unproven players in similar positions? No.

Did the board need to replace Potter after a disastrous run of results, and lackluster gameplay? Likely yes. Did they need to bring in a novice like Lampard to help out an imbalanced squad? No.

So yes, I will still be cautious about the moves they make this year because I got burnt by expectations last season.

The clearout is likely needed. But this sort of mass clearout where you chuck 3/4th of the first eleven in one window like in a Fifa game is a bit unprecedented.

I'd feel a lot more confident if we had quality WC replacements lined up, but atm it feels like too much weight is being put on Pochettino's shoulders.

what type of world class replacements?

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Lautaro is absolute dross just like Lukaku. We never learn do we. Lautaro would be a disaster here and inter are already enough of a bitch to deal with. We probably end up loaning him back to them for peanuts after shedding out 100m 

12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Lautaro is absolute dross just like Lukaku. We never learn do we. Lautaro would be a disaster here and inter are already enough of a bitch to deal with. We probably end up loaning him back to them for peanuts after shedding out 100m 

Yeah, I am not a fan either. 

15 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

To be honest I think Lautaro out of all the big money strikers available would have the least problem in adapting to the Premier League. 

It's the fact he's a streaky finisher and isn't a lone striker that's the issue. 

His movement patterns in the box are too similar to Nkunku’ and as you say his finishing is inconsistent. 

If we really want to throw money at the cf position for a big name striker AGAIN, it better be someone who compliments our other attackers. Kolo would be alright. vlahovic i can see doing ok in PL. 

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

His movement patterns in the box are too similar to Nkunku’ and as you say his finishing is inconsistent. 

If we really want to throw money at the cf position for a big name striker AGAIN, it better be someone who compliments our other attackers. Kolo would be alright. vlahovic i can see doing ok in PL. 

Vlahovic would be an embarrassment imo unless we tailor everything geared towards him. His hold up play and ability on the ball is below average. Just not worth it and its telling Juve want to replace him with Lukaku. 

Muani is an expensive gamble. 

Seriously bleak in the market. Rather stick with Jackson and Broja for the season.