Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

This is going to be a crazy week for outgoings. Let’s hope it’s got a couple of incomings as well.

Jackson is a given obviously, but can we get a midfielder in this week? 

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

This is going to be a crazy week for outgoings. Let’s hope it’s got a couple of incomings as well.

Jackson is a given obviously, but can we get a midfielder in this week? 

I can see the midfielder been the saga of the window, we always have one.

Bottom line is that player power only extends so far, yes financially we have implications but at the same time no footballer wants to lose a year of their career to the reserves or being out of favour, yes there are always exceptions of course but no chance Mount wants this at this juncture in his career.

That said, cash in at the price we want, or sit in the reserves, if he wants to go and United are haggling over £5m then it’s down to their side/camp to resolve.

I know there seems to be a lot of posturing on the Mount deal from different camps, etc but for some reason, I have a gut feeling that if a move to United did break down and he stayed here, that any issues would be resolved between him and the club and a new contract would be signed during next season.

I think the two big things within this are (1) it's been widely reported Poch would prefer to keep him, so if he did stay he's going to be utilised, and (2) from Mount's perspective he'll want a strong season before the Euros as it's no longer just a starting place for him now, if he has a similar season to the one just gone, he'll be doing well to make the Euros squad at all. He's not in a position to just be able to coast.

There's been similar situations of players seemingly on the brink of leaving before only for the situation to be turned around. I can remember Gerrard back in 2005 being essentially a done deal and being discussed in the media, etc as such and then suddenly a couple of days later the goalposts have shifted. That's why I think the club are more prepared to push a hard line with this deal, because I think there's a confidence there that something could be recovered if we went into next season with him in the squad.

39 minutes ago, Norfolkblue1961 said:

No more loans for him, Inter can do one

if they are paying his full wages and a mandatory 30 million at the end of the next season, then its a good job.

i would rather let him rot in the reserves. but i would not be the one missing 30 millions on his transfer

5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Whats this about us going for Osimhen

We should never engage with Napoli again unless one of their players has a release clause. Reports suggest that De Laurentiis will demand like £150m for Osimhen so we can forget about that.

In my opinion, we should avoid ever paying huge money for a striker or keeper again unless they’re coming from another PL club and have been killing it there for a number of years. We can’t afford another embarrassing, mega money bust in these positions.