Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Losing Kante for nothing and agreeing a 30m fee (only guaranteed 25m as 5m is add ons related to performances) with City to sell them Kovacic is bad enough, never mind that it looks like our plans to replace them is to spend probably £130m minimum on Lavia and Caicedo….

I am sorry but our transfer strategy is fucking wank.

Poch alone isn’t going to be able to give all the required experience and leadership to this group, we need some actual proper boys in there who have got a bit about themselves. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

24 minutes ago, Thor said:

I actually think Havertz will slot into their team nicely... 

Not suited for our team, and clearly him and Mount had an impact on the dressing room politics. He needed to go, but I think what he does on the pitch is a positive given our faults as a team over the last year and a bit.

Where does he play for Arsenal though? He won't bench any of Martinelli, Ödegaard or Saka and I doubt he'll bench Jesus either. 

On first glance he looks just as problematic to fit in for them as he was for us. Let's hope it goes similarly bad for them too.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Losing Kante for nothing and agreeing a 30m fee (only guaranteed 25m as 5m is add ons related to performances) with City to sell them Kovacic is bad enough, never mind that it looks like our plans to replace them is to spend probably £130m minimum on Lavia and Caicedo….

Completely disagree. Over £100m in transfer fees, over £80M a year in wage reduction with a week left in June is brilliant when every club knew we needed to unload players quickly.

Kovacic was always going to be hard to move because of his age and he only would agree to maybe two clubs. Kante is washed, he was injured almost the entire year and is on high wages. It was not a loss.

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think Brighton's leverage on Caicedo diminishes by the day. 

- Brighton promised him a move this summer via gentleman's agreement. They don't want to piss him off again. 

- Koulibaly is now gone, meaning Colwill has guaranteed minutes and won't be tempted to force a move (not to mention the #26 kit is now available to him if that means anything). So Brighton forcing us to include Colwill doesn't seem like a possibility anymore. 

- United's new ownership ordeal looks like it will take months to finish, so their high target signings look likely to be placed on hold until that gets sorted. 

- Arsenal are prioritizing Rice and Havertz, and have officially pulled out their interest in Caicedo. 

This just leaves us and Bayern, but it's already been reported Bayern's interest isn't legitimate and that Caicedo and his agency have chosen Chelsea. We have a lot of leverage on this in getting a more favorable deal that doesn't include Colwill. 

23 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Completely disagree. Over £100m in transfer fees, over £80M a year in wage reduction with a week left in June is brilliant when every club knew we needed to unload players quickly.

Kovacic was always going to be hard to move because of his age and he only would agree to maybe two clubs. Kante is washed, he was injured almost the entire year and is on high wages. It was not a loss.

Maybe on the books it looks good but football isn’t played on a spreadsheet. Also not to mention we wouldn’t give half as much a shit about this side of it if Boehly, Eghbali & co had been a bit less excitable in certain transfers in the summer (Cucurella & Koulibaly) and January (Mudryk as well as actually maybe looking at selling some of the players who had no future here).

But on the pitch, what we lose/have lost in those players - its not easy to replace. Caicedo could easily be another Cucurella and for the £100m plus fee that Brighton will want - I wouldn’t be surprised. Lavia could be another Carney but at almost triple the price if you trust some of the reports. We need some sort of proven quality with similar characteristics and leadership skills to replace these kind of players. Its as if we haven’t learned any lessons and are just going to continue throwing stuff against a wall and hope it sticks. Like there needs to be some sort of happy medium in our transfer strategy, it can’t just look good on a spreadsheet or we might as well become Benfica, Leipzig or Ajax.

Also this injury thing re Kante. I am sick of hearing it. We just had what 2 seasons where how many players were constantly out injured? We just gave Reece a 7 year deal at the beginning of the season despite the fact he’s been in and out the team the last 2 seasons with injuries. Chilwell signed an extension despite the same fact he’s been in and out a lot in past 2 seasons. We wanted to give Mount an extension despite the fact he struggled with injuries this year? If these were in the same position would you advocate the same approach? Kante’s return and some of his performances were actually positives in what was a dismal season. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Kante’s injuries are fact. They are not tweeks that just need time to heal. His hamstring may never be good enough for a professional athlete again. It is incomparable at his age and level of injury to lump it in with young players with minor injuries. He is a legend at this club, but a Saudi retirement worth £100M is the best thing for him. I am really happy it fell the way it did for him. He is an awesome human.

Neville should investigate Arsenal's interest in Chelsea as they are spending close to 70m on Kai fucking Havertz. 

Matter of fact, lets take it further and put a hold on all transfers made out of the Portuguese league to the Premier League as we need to keep the integrity of the Portuguese league. 

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

So true. To be fair I think a lot of it is driven by the Mr 15% agents. Parasites, but you know what really galls me, is when there's a crunch match, a derby, cup game against one of your rivals -and this applies to all teams. A game that means life or death to the fans - yet you see the players joking and laughing with each other in the tunnel and after the match. Something JT, Drogs, Lampard etc would never have done.

i agree mate,  that laughing, hugging and talking after a crunch match, especially after we lose is so cringe, it just shows how little the players care about the importance of the game and what it means for generations of fans. gone are the days you would see players battling out and playing hard in derbies or big games. Can you imagine back in the day, Keane, Neville, Vieira, Henry,  Gerrard, Carragher, Terry, Lamps, Drogba, etc… after a decisive crunch game laughing and hugging opposing players. Game has gone soft

Edited by Johnnyeye

3 hours ago, DDA said:

That's it mate. Its very revealing and is a huge indicator to  why we have been soo shit for soo long. Obviously there isn't much loyalty in football these days but for soo many players to leave for direct rivals... City. Arsenal and Man U... that shows that apparently our 'best players' including that little fucker Mason Mount were playing for themselves only because if you play for the badge, you grow a love and relationship with the club that would never allow you to move to a direct rival... it just wouldn't feel right. Our rivals have always said that we are club of mercenaries and they aren't far from mthe truth. That's why we must do everything we can to cherish the likes of James and Silva who seem to genuinely love the club.

i mean at least show you care and play for the badge, do it for the fans, these snowflakes can’t do shit, they love to be pampered. what a joke

2 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I knew it was too good to be true.

He will have to be ground down. His only option is either Saudi or rot here. With the money we're bringing in, I cannot see the club accepting Inter's proposal when we have another offer from Saudi. 

Club should just say 'rot with the reserves or go to Saudi, up to you'.