Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

8 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Saudi's our saviour, taking dead wood off like nobody's business.

I'm not getting excited yet, Chelsea transfer windows are a rollercoaster, until he's holding that shirt up and we have money in the bank, it's just twitter BS to me ATM.

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I'm not getting excited yet, Chelsea transfer windows are a rollercoaster, until he's holding that shirt up and we have money in the bank, it's just twitter BS to me ATM.

I know what you are saying but they are literally pining for these players and KK and Ziyech are literally done, I'm talking minor details

10 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I know what you are saying but they are literally pining for these players and KK and Ziyech are literally done, I'm talking minor details

If your right, then we will have to have 8 beers pal 🤣🤣🤞🤞🤞

14 hours ago, dimmas said:

To be honest, I hardly understand what Arsenal saw in Havertz.

Maybe I'm one of the person who don't rate him highly based on what I have seen from him in the past 2-3 years.

Could he perform better and have much better stats in a much better attacking team or with a certain style of play? Yes, that is something that could still happen.

But can Havertz transform his game and become a completely different player than what he has shown with us? I hardly believe that.

I mean, it's like saying that after Jorginho moves to Arsenal, he could become stronger physically, have quicker feet, better dribbler, capable of keeping the ball under pressure in much more consistently, and provide much better threat and become strong combative player as midfielder. I mean, by playing in a more suitable system with better teammates, someone could perform better and become a more functional player. But when the issue lies in the player's lack of skills and attributes (or in havertz case also his sluggish style of play and often being invisible), I hardly believe that.

The same thing also applies to the case of Sterling. He had much better performances and numbers when playing in the City team, but we have already seen what he lacks from his City days, and it just becomes more apparent in a worse functioning team.

I think we should sell him before Arsenal change their mind. I have studied Havertz since his days in Germany and can't really see what his skills are. He is a decent finisher of free balls. That is about it. And I stress free balls, because there are strikers who do not need free balls to score, who can take on their man and still finish the business. People say he is played in the wrong position. Okay, to play deeper, he needs a lot more skills than a No 9. He must be able to: - tackle, dribble, pass, hold the ball, dictate play, etc - maybe not all of the above, but at least some. I just don't see where Havertz has any of those skills by any stretch. 

Wonder what happens if no club offers us money to buy Lukaku permanently. We clearly don’t want to send him on loan again and further slash his value as he gets a year older. Then he’ll be even harder to shift.

Even if we we’re going to take a massive loss in him we should just sell him back to Inter for peanuts.

Just now, DH1988 said:

Pretty evident what will happen with Rom, everyone and their dog knows we are in a terrible position, he will end up going to Inter on loan again, just a matter of how protracted we make it, to our own detriment. Though I would equally be fine with the leadership sticking him in the reserves for a year to make a point, that would send an unprecedented message in football that we will not be held ransom, however unlikely that scenario is.

Precisely.

He only wants Inter so it will inevitably be a shit deal for us or another loan.

2 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Pretty evident what will happen with Rom, everyone and their dog knows we are in a terrible position, he will end up going to Inter on loan again, just a matter of how protracted we make it, to our own detriment. Though I would equally be fine with the leadership sticking him in the reserves for a year to make a point, that would send an unprecedented message in football that we will not be held ransom, however unlikely that scenario is.

16.9 million pounds in annual salary is pretty expensive to make a statement.

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Lukaku shouldn't be anywhere near the team, cancerous to the hilt, like Ziyech.

We will make enough from the Saudi's to swallow this one whole and send him back for next to nothing

Lukaku is not getting any lighter. He is huffing and puffing before he kicks a ball. The pace of the PL is going to get harder and harder for him even with the best manager.. We should cut our losses.

The big issue with Inter is that we do not really want any of their players. Barella is the only great player there, considering age and he is not too keen leaving Italy. On top of that Enzo, Caicedo and Barella are too similar and none of them can be on the bench. It will be hard to shift Lukaku, but there is more than enough work to be done by the board this summer. I guess he will be on stand by until preseason.