Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

2 years ago == "some time ago" 🤷‍♂️ but I was mostly referring to last season. I very much like d the way we played under tuchel, but not everyone here did.

Yeah I disagree about the players quality: it's mostly structure, training methods, and tactics around a very collective form of playing football. Most players are interchangeable, and some are pretty mediocre in my book (can think of plenty of other player who could similar of better jobs). I can totally see folks here become really impresse by Kova in that system... like I said, I think he will fit like a glove.

I think you are mentioning this season, when Haaland is indeed a big advantage, but they won the league without him plenty--with Jesus and Sterling up front, for ex. They will need Haaland to win the CL tho, because it is different in single elim games. IMO, their only really special player has only been KDB until Haaland arrived.

We were at the top of the table by how many points in Nov 2021? Injuries to key players killed our season, as their understudies weren't up to the task.

I mentioned structure in my response. This team hasn't had a direction for years, with a number of our key players still living off Mou/Conte's style of play. To also touch on the last bit of your post, Jesus is a CF, despite being incredibly inconsistent, who still offers something unlike Havertz or Lukaku,

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I do not see Endrick as a CF

he is only 1.73m (and I think that is stretch job), so only an inch taller than Pessi

too short, no real presence in the air and may well have issues with hold-up play as well on high long passes forward

There's still a chance of a growth spurt considering his age. What happens to Rodrygo as well (with regards to your post below)?

I'd be surprised if Perez went back for Mbappe after what's happened in previous windows.

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

2 years ago == "some time ago" 🤷‍♂️ but I was mostly referring to last season. I very much like d the way we played under tuchel, but not everyone here did.

Yeah I disagree about the players quality: it's mostly structure, training methods, and tactics around a very collective form of playing football. Most players are interchangeable, and some are pretty mediocre in my book (can think of plenty of other player who could similar of better jobs). I can totally see folks here become really impresse by Kova in that system... like I said, I think he will fit like a glove.

I think you are mentioning this season, when Haaland is indeed a big advantage, but they won the league without him plenty--with Jesus and Sterling up front, for ex. They will need Haaland to win the CL tho, because it is different in single elim games. IMO, their only really special player has only been KDB until Haaland arrived.

We were at the top of the table by how many points in Nov 2021? Injuries to key players killed our season, as their understudies weren't up to the task.

I mentioned structure in my response. This team hasn't had a direction for years, with a number of our key players still living off Mou/Conte's style of play. To also touch on the last bit of your post, Jesus is a CF, despite being incredibly inconsistent, who still offers something unlike Havertz or Lukaku.

16 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

There's still a chance of a growth spurt considering his age. What happens to Rodrygo as well (with regards to your post below)?

I'd be surprised if Perez went back for Mbappe after what's happened in previous windows.

I still think they go for Mbappe and Håland, both of them

time will tell

neither of those two have ever listed Real above Barca as wanting to play for them

we are in the mud

Håland is already at Citeh and will never move to United or Pool that I can see (especially United)

Mbappe is already at PSG

Bayern cannot afford them

I doubt either goes to Juve in their primes

that's all the teams who could afford them (other than the Saudi teams, lol)

Barca would be the main competition and they are fucked financially atm

it's a process of elimination

Rodrygo is natural LWer, not a RWer, he plays at RW because of Vini

maybe they just move him to LW IF Vini leaves (this is predicated on that remember), but that is is not the Real way

Edited by Vesper

17 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Rodrygo is a good player, but I'm not yet sure what his ceiling is. He does not look anywhere near Vini's quality to me atm.

yes, that is why I think they deffo go for Mbappe if Vini wants to leave due to the racism (I cannot overstate it, he is the most racially attacked footballer in Europe, no one else is close, it is a psychotic level of shitbaggery from the La Liga rival fans, they physically attack him and verbal assault him in real life and on the internet to a monstrous level)

Edited by Vesper

Say Poch really wants Mount to stay,might figure into if we go for Rice.if we keep Mount and don't sign Rice then whoever does sign him probably got a good chance of getting Mount on a free next summer.Mount re-signing+Rice for say 80m and Gallagher or 80m for Moises,45m for Lavia.also worth considering Rice is future captain material and we dont have many candidates for that currently.

The one positive from the CL final, was that Onana looked solid. And also looked like one of the few Inter players who looked to push the team forward, and from the GK position no less.

Even got into a tussle with Haaland which is saying something.

Wouldn't be a bad signing if we went in for him, IMO. At least based on that showing.

CMFs / DMFs still available (some barely)

I am not listing Federico Valverde (pipe dream and not really remotely available)

Declan Rice (so expensive, and we have no CL to offer)
Nicolò Barella (probably a pipe dream)
Frenkie de Jong  (probably a pipe dream)

Moisés Caicedo 
Martín Zubimendi  
Khéphren Thuram  
Gabri Veiga 
Manu Koné 

Carlos Soler 
Roméo Lavia  
Maxence Caqueret 
Sofyan Amrabat

4 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

The one positive from the CL final, was that Onana looked solid. And also looked like one of the few Inter players who looked to push the team forward, and from the GK position no less.

Even got into a tussle with Haaland which is saying something.

Wouldn't be a bad signing if we went in for him, IMO. At least based on that showing.

he was poor with his distribution and looked awkward on the ball

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he was poor with his distribution and looked awkward on the ball

How so, though? I don't think he was caught out by the Man City press. Plus there was very little for him to aim at with the likes of Martinez up front. Not sure what he could have done better.

6 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

How so, though? I don't think he was caught out by the Man City press. Plus there was very little for him to aim at with the likes of Martinez up front. Not sure what he could have done better.

many errant passes, plus he almost cost a goal with that overhit pass

he looked nervous with the ball at his feet a lot