Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

True but I don’t think Kante is going there for the money, he’s going because they’re giving him a 2 year deal and because we are stupid enough to let him go.

If we offered him a 2 year deal on any terms he’d probably stay as its been continually confirmed that his preferred option has always been to stay here.

The fact we are just letting him go is mental - people keep mentioning injuries but the club basically sacked the whole medical team who have been here for longer than the past 2 years, indicating that perhaps their belief is that they’re more to blame than Kante, James, Chilwell, etc whoever else has suffered big lay offs. 

The fact hes getting £100m a year or whatever is irrelevant, its not like hes demanding that, I mean this is Ngolo Kante we are talking about - one of the most modest footballers in the modern game. Hes not went to that Saudi club and asked for that, they’re offering him it

Also people saying he doesn’t have an affect on this squad/in the dressing room have no idea. The guy leads by example when he plays, covers every blade of grass, clearly trains well and gets on with his job, doesn’t have an enormous ego etc. Just look at all the quotes about Kante from Rudiger, Vardy and all his past team mates about his personality, how humble he is etc. He’s a good egg and I think he will be an enormous miss on and off the pitch.

Kante is our highest paid player and is barely fit. He is on what? £300k p/w? We talk about players on high wages and for a player who is consistently injured as he is and his age, it is completely understandable why there has been a reluctance to offer him a new contract on Kante's preferred terms. 

Kante may be a modest player but he has virtually won every trophy possible for us. At this stage it is definitely about money and understandably too. He is coming to latter stages of his career so with them offering that amount of money, we will not compete. If he was around 26-27 with his top years still ahead of him, then yes he most likely stays but now at his age of 32, he will consider the best financial move for himself and family. Also in a country that someone else pointed out, that is Islamic, it is a no-brainer for him. Not one I can blame the club on at all tbh.

25 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Apparently we want Neymar and looking to open talks….

Hmmm. What the fuck is the transfer strategy at this club? Let Kante leave, let Kovacic leave and then go after someone like Neymar? After signing Mudryk in January?

If this is true, there is clearly no defined plan and back to winging it.

That's one think Neymar has over Kante plenty: no not skill, injuries! 😰

11 hours ago, Mário César said:

Goodbye

you will always be remember

legend! 

Happy for Kante for this payday. Hope he and his family enjoy Saudi.

Came in and transformed the club from Day 1. His Duracell bunny energy is the key reason for the 16-17 league win and 20-21 CL win.

21 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

So, I wonder what shit today will bring.

Outgoings outgoings and more outgoings whilst Winstanley and Vivell are sat stroking their cocks on a beach no doubt

After the Ugarte debacle it doesn’t really seem as though we’re close to any other deal. 

It’s kind of stunning that we haven’t really been linked to a striker at all. The one most dire position of need and really the only name we’ve heard is Osimhen who is completely unrealistic. The Napoli owner will ask €150m for him at this point.

And then in midfield there are plenty of names we’re linked with but we don’t seem to be advancing on any of them yet. Liverpool on the other hand are pushing forward with about 3 midfielders all at once. A club we will hope to rival to get back into the top 4.

Appears we’re almost paralyzed by needing to sell our deadwood.

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

After the Ugarte debacle it doesn’t really seem as though we’re close to any other deal. 

It’s kind of stunning that we haven’t really been linked to a striker at all. The one most dire position of need and really the only name we’ve heard is Osimhen who is completely unrealistic. The Napoli owner will ask €150m for him at this point.

And then in midfield there are plenty of names we’re linked with but we don’t seem to be advancing on any of them yet. Liverpool on the other hand are pushing forward with about 3 midfielders all at once. A club we will hope to rival to get back into the top 4.

Appears we’re almost paralyzed by needing to sell our deadwood.

Signing a top striker immediately is also probably the number 1 thing we can do to incentivise other players to join, seeing that we've fixed what they may perceive to be the big flaw in the team and give them a clear view that next year could be a great year to be at Chelsea. That said, don't really know what the answer is! 

3 minutes ago, Mário César said:

he is really good or overhyped?

I havent seen him enough, but I saw many opinions that he is more product of a system. Still 35M is not so much, even if he won't be their saviour

Edited by ulvhedin

6 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Fair enough, but once again, it goes into a medical assessment, which I'm far from being qualified to do--even if I had the information, which I don't.

Your #4 somewhat contradicts your #3 tho, or at least makes either one of them not very important. I'd stick with he has hardly played, and for that reason, he was a shadow of his former self in the few matches he did play. Now, whether that's it... or was a one-time injury, which ruined him for 2 seasons, I cannot tell, or know.

With all that said, nothing guarantees that we will get a player remotely close his level. Considering the latest signings, I'd not be very optimistic about the near future.

There is no contradictory verbiage in my list, IMHO.

I have consistently said, for years now, to sell him, that he is too injury prone (and I  absolutely nailed that in terms of when that would likely start).

It's illogical that some now think that he is going to become injury free. It's magical wish projection. He shows no signs of that at all.

We could have had as much as £80m for him after the CL. £60m for sure in 2021. Easily enough to buy Tchou.

Kante would be a FOOL to not take the €200m (for 2 years!) from the headchoppers.

I think (strongly so) that if he stays here, if we re-sign him, it is just going to be a continuation of the injury nightmare.

Time for you and others to make peace with it all, IMHO.

I have low expectations for this window. I also think Boehly is truly a threat to completely destroy us, IF he doesn't pull his oversized head out of his fat yank arse soon.

Sorry for the somewhat expansive negativity, but something is now broken inside me. My faith is badly shattered atm, hopefully not permanently. 

17 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Confirmed, Liverpool have just signed McCallister for 35M

Pounds or euros? Either way it's a fucking steal. It it is euros, then it is HALF what we paid for that POS CuCu.

Brighton turked us in the batty crease with a vengeance last year, between CuCu and the hapless wizard.

5 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Chelsea have joined Barcelona and Liverpool in the race to sign Celta Vigo's Spanish midfielder Gabri Veiga. The 21-year-old has a £34.4m release clause. (Guardian)

Who's he? anyone have info on him please... I'm looking at you Vesp lol

Look above, I already posted on him yesterday. (^.^)