Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Yep PSG offered better package to both club and player.

Boehly’s incentive based contracts are going to get blown out of the water when proper teams come in and compete for certain players. Plus he went and spent £100m+ for Fernandez (again despite how good he is a bit high price wise) and £80m for Mudryk but is now trying to penny pinch. Can’t make this up. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yep PSG offered better package. See Boehly’s incentive based contracts are going to get blown out of the water when proper teams come in and compete for certain players. 

I think it’s going to be a real issue for any player that’s also wanted by other big clubs. Why come to Chelsea and have loads of incentives and stipulations in your contract when you can go to an equally big club and just get a huge wage with no stipulations? 

This is the kind of thing that could really hamper us in the market. 

On one side it might be frustrating, but on the other side the club needs to learn from mistakes over the past 12 months, both in transfer fees and wages being paid out.

Until we see what squad we have come the start of the season, it's difficult to truly assess things so let's see what alternatives we look at. 

In all honesty though, I said this a few days ago, I haven't really watched much of him but from seeing highlight videos, etc he did look rather limited on the ball and the increased intensity of the Premier League would find that out if it's the case.

I still think it's of more vital importance currently that we sort out a number of these outgoings. We move...

The normal Mendes bullshit games. Better end these mind games early and dont get fooled into paying too high wages. Good job.

Never try to do deals with Jorge Mendes, u will get tricked into paying too much in the end.

Edited by Gundalf

6 hours ago, Artandur said:

and correct me if I am wrong here, cause translator + i havent actually spoken german for 15 years since I was forced to learn it at school... But that doesn't say anything about the deal being close to completed?

37 minutes ago, Thor said:

You guys are never happy.

Goes out and spends - "We got rinsed. Overpaid." 

Holds firm on price - "We are f*cking done. Penny pinching. Shit owner." 

Every signing they've made post Tuchel leaving has been of high quality. Complain about the likes of Mudryk all you want, but even he is a great player that just needs time. You guys are acting as if we can't assemble a great team because we missed one player who no one knew about before 3 months ago. 

25 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Oh nooo we wont sign a player that 90% of this forum didnt even know he exists 2 months ago. Lets terminate this club immediately 

And if we signed him, it would be “what a signing” so pipe down.

Saying nobody knew about Ugarte 2 months ago so we shouldn’t be bothered is ridiculous. Nobody had heard of Mudryk until Arsenal bid for him in January yet when we splurged £80m on him all of a sudden it was a different story. And many hadn’t heard of Enzo Fernandez until he broke out at the World Cup - myself included and again when we paid 100m + it was a different story. So it just shows.

The Ugarte deal is ridiculous though in all reality considering Poch really wants him and by the looks of the analysis, his profile perfectly compliments Enzo Fernandez and his age is good for a key position we need to strengthen in - it actually makes incredible sense to prioritise trying to sign him, unlike signing Mudryk or Felix in the previous window so obviously the footballing people are having more of an influence. To miss out for the sake of thinking the price is above “market average” months after spending above market average prices on Enzo Fernandez and 80m+ on Mudryk who is a £30m player at best - with the reasons being oh they could be Chelsea players for 10 years - that logic is insufferably stupid. It actually hurts my head. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

8 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Im reading portuguese sources and all says that PSG offer a wage much higher than 5 millions per year 

Yeah looking at reports coming out, it seems to suggest that we've improved our offer only for PSG to come back in again and just bump there's up further.

If that is the case, then I think it's better to take a stand, especially when these 'super' agents like Mendes are involved otherwise they'll think they can milk us on every deal.

One thing I would note however is we seemingly pulled out of the Enzo deal, only to go back to it and sign him. It's a different situation with this as there is another club pursuing and bidding for him currently but we'll see how things develop over the next coming days. Currently we've no idea whether this news has been leaked by Chelsea or Ugarte's agent or someone else. 

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Saying nobody knew about Ugarte 2 months ago so we shouldn’t be bothered is ridiculous. Nobody had heard of Mudryk until Arsenal bid for him in January yet when we splurged £80m on him all of a sudden it was a different story. And many hadn’t heard of Enzo Fernandez until he broke out at the World Cup - myself included and again when we paid 100m + it was a different story. So it just shows.

The Ugarte deal is ridiculous though in all reality considering Poch really wants him and by the looks of the analysis, his profile perfectly compliments Enzo Fernandez and his age is good for a key position we need to strengthen in - it actually makes incredible sense to prioritise trying to sign him, unlike signing Mudryk or Felix in the previous window so obviously the footballing people are having more of an influence. To miss out for the sake of thinking the price is above “market average” months after spending above market average prices on Enzo Fernandez and 80m+ on Mudryk - with the reasons being oh they could be Chelsea players for 10 years - that logic is insufferably stupid. It actually hurts my head. 

We shouldnt judge before we see who we sign instead. If its Caicedo then noone should care about Ugarte since Caicedo is the better player by far, even his defensive stats are better in a more physical league.

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

The Ugarte deal is ridiculous though in all reality considering Poch really wants him and by the looks of the analysis, his profile perfectly compliments Enzo Fernandez and his age is good for a key position we need to strengthen in - it actually makes incredible sense to prioritise trying to sign him, unlike signing Mudryk or Felix in the previous window so obviously the footballing people are having more of an influence. To miss out for the sake of thinking the price is above “market average” months after spending above market average prices on Enzo Fernandez and 80m+ on Mudryk - with the reasons being oh they could be Chelsea players for 10 years - that logic is insufferably stupid. It actually hurts my head. 

What logic? My logic is if we miss out on one player - doesn't mean there isn't another viable option. 

I like Ugarte - I think he fits our team perfectly, but if we can't get him - there is someone else of similar profile that could slot in. Our club just needs to do their due diligence.