Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

40 minutes ago, DDA said:

Because a bigger club are after him 🥷 

Just seems strange. Inter a tough negotiators too. So why would they not demand Kepa money for him?

If they’re desperate for money it should be Lautaro we’re after from them rather than Onana.

Hopefully we get the midfielder we really want quickly. Fabrizio now saying that United are going to be prioritizing one as well. Which is weird because for much of this season United supporters have been saying that Casemiro is the best DM in the world 🤔 🤔 🤔 now they need someone else.

So that’s United, Liverpool, and Arse all prioritizing high quality DM’s. City may be after someone as well if Gündogan goes to Barca. Feels like we have to attack that market very quickly if we want to convince these players to forgo CL football.

10 hours ago, Pizy said:

Just seems strange. Inter a tough negotiators too. So why would they not demand Kepa money for him?

If they’re desperate for money it should be Lautaro we’re after from them rather than Onana.

I would argue that Onana would be a better addition to our current crop... the jury is still very much out on Martinez. 

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

Hopefully we get the midfielder we really want quickly. Fabrizio now saying that United are going to be prioritizing one as well. Which is weird because for much of this season United supporters have been saying that Casemiro is the best DM in the world 🤔 🤔 🤔 now they need someone else.

So that’s United, Liverpool, and Arse all prioritizing high quality DM’s. City may be after someone as well if Gündogan goes to Barca. Feels like we have to attack that market very quickly if we want to convince these players to forgo CL football.

here is every single DMF listed at €20m or more (in order of valuation) that I rate and who are actually even remotely available 

Nicolò Barella is listed as a CMF but he is in the mix too, same for Frenkie de Jong, but both are crazy hard pulls

DMFs:

Aurélien Tchouaméni (I doubt Real will sell him)
Declan Rice (too expensive) 
Bruno Guimarães  (hard pull, super player)
Moisés Caicedo 
Sandro Tonali (I doubt AC Milan will sell him)
Amadou Onana  
Martín Zubimendi  

Rúben Neves  
Khéphren Thuram  
Roméo Lavia  
Manuel Ugarte 

18 minutes ago, Vesper said:

here is every single DMF listed at €20m or more (in order of valuation) that I rate and who are actually even remotely available 

Nicolò Barella is listed as a CMF but he is in the mix too, same for Frenkie de Jong, but both are crazy hard pulls

DMFs:

Moisés Caicedo 
Amadou Onana  
Martín Zubimendi  

Rúben Neves  
Khéphren Thuram  
Roméo Lavia  
Manuel Ugarte 

I would prefer someone who compliments Enzo. So ideally his partner should be a tall, a goal threat, be able to win the ball up high and carry it vertically at pace. Kephren Thuram is still raw but he is the best match under this consideration. Would give it a shot. He is also versatile and would not cost a bomb. French league is the most similar one to PL out of the continental leagues as well.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

DMFs:

Moisés Caicedo 
Amadou Onana  
Martín Zubimendi  

Rúben Neves  
Khéphren Thuram  
Roméo Lavia  
Manuel Ugarte 

From all these names it’s between Caicedo and Ugarte for me. We don’t need number 8 types like Tonali/Neves/Bruno etc. we need a proper #6. A hard man to be a screen in front of the defense. Someone who occupies that same exact space Jorginho did as essentially an extra CB but who is MUCH more athletic and mobile.

Rice would be picture perfect but he’s apparently not possible for us anymore. 

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

From all these names it’s between Caicedo and Ugarte for me. We don’t need number 8 types like Tonali/Neves/Bruno etc. we need a proper #6. A hard man to be a screen in front of the defense. Someone who occupies that same exact space Jorginho did as essentially an extra CB but who is MUCH more athletic and mobile.

Rice would be picture perfect but he’s apparently not possible for us anymore. 

Just watched a compilation of Ugarte vs City. He was awful.

7 minutes ago, DDA said:

Just watched a compilation of Ugarte vs City. He was awful.

Tbf, City can make anyone look awful. Look what they just did to that legendary Real Madrid midfield that schooled us a few weeks ago. Not putting a lot of stock into what a player from a vastly inferior club did against the best side in world football.

I’d have Caicedo before Ugarte, though. Already PL proven which several reports have said Poch wants to prioritize. But would he choose us who are out of the CL ahead of Arse/Liverpool/United/City who could all have it? Probably not.

16 hours ago, Pizy said:

Tbf, City can make anyone look awful. Look what they just did to that legendary Real Madrid midfield that schooled us a few weeks ago. Not putting a lot of stock into what a player from a vastly inferior club did against the best side in world football.

I’d have Caicedo before Ugarte, though. Already PL proven which several reports have said Poch wants to prioritize. But would he choose us who are out of the CL ahead of Arse/Liverpool/United/City who could all have it? Probably not.

Liverpool appear to be prioritising MacAlister, Arsenal are after Rice. There is an opening to target Caicedo now - if there is a release clause in his new contract or Brighton willing to do business in the 65-70m range they were talking to Arsenal in January about.

45 minutes ago, Strike said:

Liverpool appear to be prioritising MacAlister, Arsenal are after Rice. There is an opening to target Caicedo now - if there is a release clause in his new contract or Brighton willing to do business in the 65-70m range they were talking to Arsenal in January about.

The word I’m seeing from both sets of supporters is that Liverpool and Arse will likely be after more than 1 new midfielder. Liverpool in particular. If Arse get Rice then I doubt they’d be able to also afford Caicedo but I can absolutely see Liverpool going after both Mac Allister and Caicedo. Which would be really, REALLY annoying because they would transform that team.

I think Caicedo will be the next most difficult to obtain for us after Rice due to how many other clubs are after him. My prediction is that we get Lavia in the end.

16 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Just out of curiosity, is Onana that next level keeper we need? As I rate both Kepa and Edou on the "almost there, but not there" level.

Hasn’t appeared a massive upgrade on either to me in the games I’ve watched.  

22 minutes ago, Vytis33 said:

Vlahovic rumors heating up then?  Any of the reliable journos reporting this yet?

Hope not. 

Poor at holding the ball, poor passing, and poor in tight areas. Will fall on his face in the Prem. Can't think of a ST more destined to carry on the #9 curse at Chelsea. 

If true convinced out recruitment team needs questioning if this is who they've decided on. 

9 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Hope not. 

Poor at holding the ball, poor passing, and poor in tight areas. Will fall on his face in the Prem. Can't think of a ST more destined to carry on the #9 curse at Chelsea. 

If true convinced out recruitment team needs questioning if this is who they've decided on. 

He hasn't been great at Juve but he was in my opinion a very promising player at Fiorentina. It just hasn't been great for him at Juve. He has more to offer but yea, I kind of understand where you're coming from.... I would rather Rasmus Hojlund, I think he has greater potential.

42 minutes ago, DDA said:

He hasn't been great at Juve but he was in my opinion a very promising player at Fiorentina. It just hasn't been great for him at Juve. He has more to offer but yea, I kind of understand where you're coming from.... I would rather Rasmus Hojlund, I think he has greater potential.

To pass the Premier League test you need to see how these strikers do in tight areas as well as how they hold the ball. He's poor in both. 

Give me Lautaro with Nkunku supporting.