Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

His first post didn't bother me in the least, nor do i think it should have bothered anyone. He spoke directly but he spoke the truth as he sees it, as I'm sure many would see it. There has indeed been a display of self-entitlement displayed here.

I agree in part with what your saying but we all know that people can construe things in different ways and some can take things differently, human nature.

I'm happy for clean and concise debate, but stepping over the line by swiping at the club who's forum he is on is not warranted or needed.

I'm going to start removing posts if they over step the line and I would like the thread to get back to Enzo and transfers after I post this, if it continues I will lock the thread

16 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Refuse to believe we let Jorginho go without knowing we can get this done. 

I'm not sure J5 was in Graham Potter's plans going forward anyway but yea, it would seen strange  to let him go without a replacement lined up.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

I'm not sure J5 was in Graham Potter's plans going forward anyway but yea, it would seen strange  to let him go without a replacement lined up.

The club is pushing for Santos' work permit, so he'd be the replacement for the next six months should we fail to get anyone else in.

43 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I know I'm repeating myself so forgive me please, but I don't think Benfica are holding out for the clause. I believe they are holding out for more than the clause.

They legally cannot demand more than the release clause. If we bank wired the €120m to wherever it needs to go, Enzo (as he has already agreed perso Al terms with us) is going to be a Chelsea player, nothing Benfica can do to legally stop it.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

The club is pushing for Santos' work permit, so he'd be the replacement for the next six months should we fail to get anyone else in.

I believe the plan was to play Santos as the defensive anchor next to Enzo but it looks like we will have to rethink that since Sabitzer is on his way in LOL 

15 minutes ago, DDA said:

Nothing arrogant about it at all. Befinca fans should face the reality of things. They are a very well run club, you could argue that they are far better run than us from a financial point of view... but they are nothing more than a feeder club for the elite around Europe.... I think they are happy with that status from board room level but obviously their fans are going to take it harder than the suits who get their pockets lined with the sales.

It is arrogant. Benfica have actually got huge footballing history and have been key in the development of some hugely talented footballers and managers careers. Not just a piddly wee club. I mean saying “nothing more than a feeder club for the elite around Europe” do you not see how arrogant that sounds 🤣? I mean we are sitting 10th in the PL FFS not as if we are exactly a shining beacon of an elite level football club at present, are we? 

I get there is frustration around how they are sticking to their guns but belittling a club like Benfica is odd. 

12 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Visitors should be welcome here. If he has a different opinion to most here so what? By my reckoning the first inappropriate post was written to him not by him.

Fully agree. I get its tense in here with the Fernandez saga but don’t think the Benfica fan started it.

15 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Coming here right when it looks like the deal is in collapse, I'm sure his intentions we're pure..

It seems as if the deals been in a state of animation for hours now. It went from it was basically done to it was now close. Now its perceived not to be close.

Hardly as if its the guys fault is it 😂 but I suppose any excuse to vent off frustrations….

20 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Visitors are welcome but when they come through the door and start taking swipes at what the club is or isn't it crosses a line, then that leads to heckles up.

Dead simple

Pretty sure one of our members belittled his club first. 

3 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

I believe the plan was to play Santos as the defensive anchor next to Enzo but it looks like we will have to rethink that since Sabitzer is on his way in LOL 

I've just read that we're giving Utd a clear run at him instead, which is good news.

Edited by LAM09

Whilst I want us to buy Enzo, I do always find it funny on here on or around deadline day. It's always a complete toxic meltdown.

I think if we don't buy Enzo in this window it won't be for the want of trying, and it shouldn't be forgotten all the other positive moves made in this window. Rome wasn't built in a day and Chelsea won't complete a rebuild in a window or two. 

1 minute ago, Superblue said:

Whilst I want us to buy Enzo, I do always find it funny on here on or around deadline day. It's always a complete toxic meltdown.

I think if we don't buy Enzo in this window it won't be for the want of trying, and it shouldn't be forgotten all the other positive moves made in this window. Rome wasn't built in a day and Chelsea won't complete a rebuild in a window or two. 

Boehly spent 500M looks like he wanted to build Rome in one season and instead he is building a village.

2 minutes ago, Superblue said:

Think a lot of that is clouded by the fact we  weakened a position that was already in a terrible state by selling Jorginho whilst bringing in no one.