Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

40 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Gooners got a bargain there -hopefully will be like agent Willian - we are too soft should have told them to fuck off

In general I've liked the fact that we've allowed players to get the moves they wanted. It's been a show of strength and confidence, as well as a demonstration of loyalty to the players. Now that we are sending Arsenal player who might actually help them win the league however, I'm no longer feeling so fair minded. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

If we hit that clause it doesn't become about Rui Costa anymore, and it seems this saga is all about him and he's enjoying the limelight.

Its not just that though is it? Its always been the structure of the deal.

If we put the full sum there it would remove all doubts and mean its legally binding that they have to accept it.

It is as much Boehly & co in the limelight as it is Rui Costa I feel. It was always going to be complicated regardless unless it was done one way: the way Benfica wanted it done ie. full clause but they don’t want to/can’t do that for financial reasoning. Apparently. 

Btw, Jorginho seemed to be extremely well liked in the dressing room and was clearly a very vocal leader on the pitch. Selling him to another PL club (and that PL club in particular) without replacing him may cause some issues in terms of morale and players thinking “man, wtf are we doing?”

1 minute ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Remember lads this is clickbait day, the last day these rouges have to get serious likes and follows, don't believe half what you read today.

Yeah except everyone and my grandma writing the same shit including all our reliable sources. We fucked this up and we all know it, who the fuck let Todd in Portugal instead of Egbali.

20 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Just buy Benfica. He looked for Portuguese team as feeder club after all. 

Benfica's unusual management structure has existed since it became a SAD (Sociedade Anónima Desportiva), a type of public sports company, managed by a board of directors but owned by the fans, who can buy shares and own part of the SAD.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Ornstein- Still no deal for Enzo, the contract is odne but we won't above the 120ME clause.

Not sure why we would go above the buyout, it's a clause for a reason

I believe this is exactly the difference between the two clubs currently.

Chelsea will argue that, as long as Benfica get the clause amount, it shouldn't matter to them whether or not that comes from a formal triggering of the buyout. 

Benfica will argue that if Chelsea trigger the clause it will cost them a lot more than the clause amount. By paying above the clause, in exchange for Benfica doing the deal as a standard transfer, Chelsea actually save money.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie