Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Unless we hear something from Ornstein and Fabrizio then we shouldn’t believe anything regarding Enzo. Isn’t this latest update about a new bid/attempt from the same dude who said it was a done deal and signed a few weeks ago?

For a transfer that’s this expensive we’d hear from multiple top English sources if anything was going on. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I think he would choose Citeh IF he doesn't want to go to Spain

I am not sold on Pool, and have said so when they were flying high still

I looked out a season then 2 or 3 and saw big trouble (ageing out, etc)

now, them being sold may change that, if they get a big cash infusion from new ownership

I was concerned they were going to replace those players pretty well (a concern made bigger when they signed Diaz and Konate) but they've set themselves back quite a bit with Nunez and Gapo.

19 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I was concerned they were going to replace those players pretty well (a concern made bigger when they signed Diaz and Konate) but they've set themselves back quite a bit with Nunez and Gapo.

I honestly just think Nunez is just not clinical enough but if/more when that comes, he will score goals with ease. He always seems to always find himself in good positions and getting plenty of chances. Got decent enough pace for a big guy too so can be a threat in behind which I think suits Liverpools style. Whether or not he’s a 90m euro player or whatever they paid is a different story though.

Not sure about what Gakpo could be but he looks pretty versatile. Was impressive at the World Cup but cant say he’s done much at Liverpool in the 2 or 3 games I’ve watched. But again some players hit the ground running some don’t, I think he looks physically like he can handle the PL and there is the odd glimpse of him taking the ball and beating men but no goals.

Mane a big miss this season for them though regardless.

If they get Bellingham in though it would be some signing. He’s be a key part of their MF for next 10+ seasons if he wanted to.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea sign right-back Malo Gusto from Lyon

https://theathletic.com/4134794/2023/01/29/Chelsea-transfer-malo-gusto/

By The Athletic Staff
50 minutes ago

Chelsea have completed the signing of right-back Malo Gusto from Lyon.

Would have been nice to have him immediately but we're looking far more serious next season. 26m is decent price and glad we've managed to get a backup RB finally

30 minutes ago, Tomo said:

the players they have I rate (and some are ageing)

they are completely front loaded, with poor overall CB's and a very average  MF, and TAA is horrid on defence

Alisson (is becoming more error-prone)

Virgil van Dijk  (32yo this coming summer and he is not an ageless wonder like Thiago)
Andrew Robertson   (turns 30yo next winter) by far their best DB/MF along with an in decline VVD
Trent Alexander-Arnold  (great offensively, utter shit defensively)  

Fabinho (has been poor this year, a real issue)
Thiago  (soon 32yo and is suffering from lack of support)

Fábio Carvalho (lots of potential, lets see if he lives up to it)
Luis Díaz  (injured a lot, he is very frail, but a huge talent)
Cody Gakpo (still undecided on him)
Diogo Jota (when healthy he is a real weapon)
Mohamed Salah   (soon 31)
Darwin Núñez (very erratic)

14 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

It was Newcastle that approached Gusto while we were completing his transfer.

welp, I guessed wrong there (I said Manure)

based off:

Manchester United urge Malo Gusto to wait and snub Chelsea offer

https://www.unitedinfocus.com/transfer-news/manchester-united-urge-malo-gusto-to-wait-and-snub-Chelsea-offer/

download.jpg

1 minute ago, Mhsc said:

What tier are these sources? Still enjoy seeing some noise, but would be more excited if someone I've heard of posted it

CLMerlo is very reliable for Argentinian players and confirming everything Record said this morning.

Edited by TheHulk