Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

He really has not been the player everyone thought he would be....yet. He may need more time to find his way in the PL. I think 60M pounds is starter money.

Pretty early to judge him, whole Wolves team looks terrible this season

12 hours ago, Gundalf said:

Is he so much worse than 100m Caicedo?

image.png.a1b7fa6e1368297609fca68c99cac970.png

Just seen couple video of matheus nunes.

I'm quite impressed, i think his style of play is close to enzo. Really like what i see about him. Type of midfielder that we truly lacked

Much prefered him than caicedo and onana. Where both player a bit similiar to kante.

Don't get me wrong, kante type of player in our team like us is very important. But player who have similiar playing still like enzo could elevate our midfield and our team general play massively. 

He has some composure on the ball, has some good technical ability, the way he progress the ball forward, most of the time keep looking to make forward pass, and a bit combative as well. To see that kind of player in our midfield is really exciting than make some addition with other destroyer player or any other midfielder with limited brain and technical skill on the ball

Edited by dimmas

16 hours ago, Stats said:

Ironically, Lamptey is being linked with going to Lyon as possible replacement for Gusto if he comes to us. Ironic as Lamptey is a player who came through our academy and had many fans questioning why we let him go as he was a real livewire when he burst on to scene for Brighton. This season, I think he has managed 1 league start which is really strange. Seemed to have fallen out of favour under Potter and now Zerbi too. Seems the injuries he picked up before have set him back as Brighton prefer playing a CM at RB instead of him.

His case was similar to Livramento and Guehi - he wanted time play, we couldn't guarantee it so they decided they won't extend with us. Not much we could do.

He started very hot with Brighton then injuries occured and he never fully recovered from this. In addition to this Brighton are playing 4atb more often this season, and Lamptey is better wingback than full back.

7 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Romano just tweeted-we are preparing new bid for Gusto, personal terms agreed, player pushing for the move, Chelsea will try again as we are in direct contact with OL

Could James play CDM and gusto RB? 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

You take away Reece’s best qualities by moving him there. Can’t really put in crosses and attack from wide areas as a DM. 

Just play Reece as a winger and let him run around like a mad man on the right flank. 

15 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Mourinho didn't want Mata here, why would he want type of player like Ziyech. Doesn't sound like his type. 

Ziyech much much more athletic than Mata ever was. 

Onana now? Wtaf is going on. He is fucking shite…..

Also rumours now that Kai Havertz is gonna leave if we don’t get CL football. Absolutely ironic. Hes been fucking woeful for nearly 2 seasons now. Sell at first opportunity. Please.

Edited by OneMoSalah

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

And now some are saying Benfica is demanding we pay the taxes too (I think it's bullshit, I don't see it being enforceable)

How could that even be legal? It's not like company A can pay company's B taxes as it's, well… creates a tax liability lol.

This comedy drags for way too long, I feel that the more fluffing around there is, the bigger chance it will end up in bad flop

41 minutes ago, Pizy said:

You take away Reece’s best qualities by moving him there. Can’t really put in crosses and attack from wide areas as a DM. 

I actually think Reece has been at this best when he's been a more inverted wingback/fullback.

If Enzo is off the table this window and we (quite rightly) won’t pay way over the odds for Caicedo but the club is still absolutely determined to sign a midfielder this window I think Nunes would be the most sensible of the “panic” options. For me he looks the most likely to seamlessly slot into our team.

3 hours ago, ulvhedin said:

His case was similar to Livramento and Guehi - he wanted time play, we couldn't guarantee it so they decided they won't extend with us. Not much we could do.

He started very hot with Brighton then injuries occured and he never fully recovered from this. In addition to this Brighton are playing 4atb more often this season, and Lamptey is better wingback than full back.

Yes, agreed, which is why it was frustrating when I kept hearing people bang on the same thing about us making a mistake letting Lamptey go. We played Brighton last season and Lamptey caused us all sorts of problems and commentators kept saying the same old nonsense about us letting him go, when we did not have a choice. It was either keep him and then lose him on a free.

With the 4atb, yes Brighton are using that more but even at early stages of season, they were playing with wing backs and would play March at RWB instead of Lamptey and even Zerbi the odd time he has used the wing backs has started March on the RWB too.