Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

This does not excite me because we are now building an unbalanced group for next season. If this happens, this must mean there is no intention to chase Felix in summer.

It's a fake account mate.

13 minutes ago, Superblue said:

We need to get £17m don't we to cover Pulisic and Ziyech amortisation? Or are you viewing it as if they were to be sold now rather than the summer?

In the summer I don't see why we couldn't at least cover their amortisation.

It is incredible that just the move of those three frees up potentially Nkunku plus two more similar size signings. However if anything it just highlights how poor some of our signings have been because it's less a case of fetching £20-25m for these players, and more that we are getting off the books about £130-140m initial investment of these players.

I meant in the summer.

Pulisic was signed in January 2019 on a 5,5 year deal for 64M€ so an annual amortisation of 11.6M€ and that's all book value he'll have left in the summer.

Ziyech was signed in summer of 2020 on a 5 year deal for 40M€ so an annual amortisation of 8M€ and in the summer he'll have two years left on his contract so remaining book value of 16M€.

Overall 27.6M€ left for the two of them so roughly £24M. The €/£ conversion rates may have changed a little from when they were signed but that should be in the right ballpark. I'm pretty sure you counted Ziyech to only have one year left but he has two?

But yeah it should be doable to get £25M combined for them. Going by their current Transfermarkt values they're estimated at £33M for Pulisic and £17M for Ziyech. Those are maybe unrealistic but getting at least half value should definitely be within our reach.

3 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

https://twitter.com/baby_teye/status/1614165531191566339?t=T6ljgcNxN376VYZVbnAgUg&s=19

Led to believe this is that Noni boys injuries so far...looks right up our street

The Foo Fighter physio will have him on the pitch! I mean Dave Grohl did an entire tour with a broken leg!!

January transfer windows are always quiet but this is just mad. 

Badiashile 

Felix 

Mudryk 

Madueke

Caicedo? 

Time will tell but by the looks of it we had worst summer transfer window ever and best winter window ever. Just my prediction. 

2 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

I just don't get why? Don't care about money and all because its not me paying but after felix and Mudryk why this kid? Surely we should be looking midfield/Rb?

For the long term profile of the squad, the only player natural in the right hand side of an attack is Ziyech who looks likely to move on sooner rather than later so I can understand the interest.

He is a talent with a lot of potential but he's also had a huge number of injuries and struggled to stay fit which is a huge worry. I'd much prefer to see him stay fit and perform the second half of this season before making a move on him. I'd doubt his market value would change much between now and then if they already want 30-40m now.

It is still vital we sort out our midfield and the only thing I am hoping is there are one or two key targets but are not available now. Given what has happened with Nkunku being done in the background, there could easily be something similar taking place for a midfield signing in the summer.

The one thing I would say if we do sign Madueke is that we'll jump from one of the slowest attacks in the league to one of the quickest with him and Mudryk. Some serious pace right there.