Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I see it was already posted here but Ben Jacobs repeatedly saying that Caicedo is one to keep an eye on must mean that he has been told something. I just find it hard to believe now after spending so much on Mudryk that we have another £70m+ move in us this window. At some point our spending has to get us in trouble with the authorities, no? An unprecedented £200m or something in the January window after an unprecedented £300m last summer? Jesus.  We have to start selling this window, surely? 

Also, I have still yet to any concrete and credible links to a RB. Our new scouting department and sporting director seriously can’t identify an inexpensive RB to sign as a squad player? 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I see it was already posted here but Ben Jacobs repeatedly saying that Caicedo is one to keep an eye on must mean that he has been told something. I just find it hard to believe now after spending so much on Mudryk that we have another £70m+ move in us this window. At some point our spending has to get us in trouble with the authorities, no? An unprecedented £200m or something in the January window after an unprecedented £300m last summer? Jesus.  We have to start selling this window, surely? 

Also, I have still yet to any concrete and credible links to a RB. Our new scouting department and sporting director seriously can’t identify an inexpensive RB to sign as a squad player? 

Giving all these players MASSIVELY long contracts probably helps a lot, at the risk of fucking us over in the future. I would guess we've got another £100m to spend this January if we want to. I assume we would be making some sales but can't because of the injury crisis.

Didn't the purchase come with some commitments about spending money on players in the first years?

4 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Giving all these players MASSIVELY long contracts probably helps a lot, at the risk of fucking us over in the future. I would guess we've got another £100m to spend this January if we want to. I assume we would be making some sales but can't because of the injury crisis.

Didn't the purchase come with some commitments about spending money on players in the first years?

Yeah, I think there was a commitment to invest a certain amount over the first 10 years of ownership or something like that. Seems like Todd misread the fine print and thought it said within the FIRST year! 🤣🤣🤣

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

From my understanding and I may be wrong, we start fresh with FFP are entire debt was wiped by Roman, so I am guessing, all our previous transfers IE Lukakuu have all been paid off.

I feel we are crying out for another explosive winger type player so I am content with the signing but think the price is way too high and risky, but time will tell. If he ends up being like Hazard then worth the money. However, now happy about the constant other players we are being linked with. Madueke option should be binned now we have agreement for Mudryk. He isn't needed for that amount of money and then what message does it send out to likes of Hudson-Odoi if we are going for players of similar age bracket. Just feels we are being linked with all young players around the globe. I just hope there is some kind of strategy. Assuming this Mudryk deal is signed and sealed, he most likely goes straight in the team for Liverpool game.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

CuCu was worse in terms of overpay IMHO

His total cost will be £62 (there was like £7m in addons to the £55m)

which is exactly what we are paying in terms of transfer fee for Mudryk

the £26.5m in addons for MM are likely (some at least) far less likely to be achieved that the small ones for CuCu

I need to see full details

the Guardian (I try to always document what I claim, as I am used to posting on hardcore political and academic boards where you get lit the fook up if you cannot back yer shite up with a source):

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/aug/05/Chelsea-confirm-marc-cucurella-signing-from-brighton-in-62m-deal

61c1583480bb39524550b845663f6611.png

I know the easy narrative is we shouldn't have bought Cucurella but the one silver lining in my opinion is that we've paid more but kept Colwill. That will be more key long term.