Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

I have been crying for dropping 3 atb system but ironically I think this is best bet again for current set of players after latest signings. I am not optimistic about top4 this season but in CL who knows, it is a specific competition, everything is possible. In CL we could go with 352:

Fofana Silva Badiashile 

James Kante Enzo Kovacic Chilwell 

This team would be very hard to break. 

Waw, actually exciting to see that possible lineup.

But is Badiashile really that good enough to instantly fiil our first XI? really curious

Edited by dimmas

30 minutes ago, dimmas said:

But is Badiashile really that good enough to instantly fiil our first XI? really curious

You can also ask, are kk and azpi good enough atm to go in the first 11? I guess with his 21 years he has better legs then the tractors we are using atm

29 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

So basically find a way to get past Dortmund and we may have a slim chance of winning the CL should that be the main priority. 

5ddf2e467e195cab67faf5b57a23884b.png

the best route for us would be

beat Dortmund then play the winner of Brugge v Benfica in the quarters (or even Inter Porto winner or Millan Spuds winner, but would prefer the first option)

also in the quarters Citeh plays either the winner of RM/Pool or the winner of PSG/Bayern, the other game is Napoli v the winner of the other game (or other combos involving those 6 teams playing each other)

then, in the semis, the 2 remaining teams out of the scenario above play each other

we beat the lesser team (meaning it would not be any of the 6 biggest teams left atm, so no Real, no Citeh, no Pool, no PSG, no Bayern, no Napoli) we face in the semis, meaning we beat Inter or AC Milan or Spuds or Porto in that semi

leaving us to face ONE out of the following 6: Citeh/PSG/Bayern/Pool/Real/Napoli

in the final

where, as we know, ANYTHING (see 2012 and 2021) can happen

Edited by Vesper

Enzo is not cup-tied for the CL, he could play for us, even against (drama central) Benfica, lolol:

https://www.football.london/Chelsea-fc/transfer-news/uefa-enzo-fernandez-Chelsea-transfer-25865848

If the two clubs can reach an agreement and Fernandez becomes a Chelsea player, then he would be able to represent his new side in the Champions League. The Blues take on Borussia Dortmund in the Round of 16 – with the first-leg scheduled to be played on February 15 and the return fixture at Stamford Bridge on March 7.

This is because the ruling states: "As of the round of 16, a club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the current competition. Such registration must be completed by 2 February 2023 (24.00CET) at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

"Any or all of the players from the above quota of three may have been fielded for another club in the qualifying phase, play-offs or group stage of the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League or UEFA Europa Conference League."

18 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

You can also ask, are kk and azpi good enough atm to go in the first 11? I guess with his 21 years he has better legs then the tractors we are using atm

tractors they are

and Jorginho is an electric lawnmower on low charge, plus often gets stuck in reverse

11 minutes ago, milka said:

Enzo Fernández will be sold to Chelsea. Now everything is closed and River is entitled to a fortune close to 34 million euros tax free.

translation (I cleaned it up)

corresponds to a fortune for River Plate that is close to 34 million euros tax free

(brilliant business by them) 

34m euros is around 6.4 billion ARS (argie peso), or 13 billion ARS or so gross if they had to pay taxes

This seems to be holding up the deal to be finalized.

Carlos Alcaraz will not be joining Benfica. Rui Costa considered the name of the Argentine for the place of Enzo Fernández but after being informed about some behaviours of the 20-year-old midfielder at Racing Club, he gave up the signing. Benfica are in the market for a midfielder.

e x c i t i n g p r o s p e c t, perhaps😶

This may be as well media producing some pointless bs, like in 90% of cases, but if it's not - well, I thought and understood why was TB's first window all over the place, but our transfer business doesn't seem any less frantic now. In conjunction with board being overly trigger-happy with overpriced transfers, it is worrying.