Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

51 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

Sigh. Really hoping this time we actually get what the press claim we're in for.

Too many times this year, we've been strongly linked with superstars, only for things to end up taking a complete U-turn.

If this keeps happening, it will feel like the club is only instigating these rumors just to keep the fan base appeased, and not actually accomplishing anything.

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Most likely scenario to me feels like a Nkunku sort of deal. Buy him now, have everything signed, and then he stays at Benfica until the summer to help them in the CL and their domestic title push. 

Something needs to be tied down now in fear of Liverpool and United’s new ownership money. 

35 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Something needs to be tied down now in fear of Liverpool and United’s new ownership money. 

I agree. Smart to lock down our absolute priority targets ahead of time even if they can’t come in right away.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Reports on the same day that we’re trying to extend both J5 and Kante. That’s actually extremely surprising. 

Not sure how it makes sense that we’re after another midfielder then unless AT LEAST 1 leaves this coming month.

Seen some people saying this 'contract offer' for Jorginho is the very same one that's been on his table for months and not a new offer. So far Jorginho hasn't accepted it so clearly he's not exactly happy with the terms being offered but the club haven't rescinded the old offer either.

His agent has always loved talking to the media and now that he can officially start negotiating with other clubs in January it's not a bad idea for him to drum up some interest elsewhere by saying he already has an offer from Chelsea. If someone else is looking to sign him they may get the idea they need to act fast and offer something over the odds.

At the moment I'd be quite surprised if Jorginho stayed beyond the current season. Before today the same went for Kante as well but now Ornstein is saying a new deal is close, though still not completed.

Without knowing the exact terms (wages, contract length) being talked about I can't really comment on whether I think it's a good idea to extend Kante or not.

A multi-year extension with top wages would definitely be a shit deal but getting Kante tied up on a 1-2 year contract either on more modest wages or having his salary incentivised by bonuses for the amount of games he plays (or is at the very least available for) would sound much better from the club's perspective. Still love Kante as a player and think he can be very a useful asset to have in the squad but his injury worries mean we can't exactly keep relying on him throughout a full season so some new key replacements are definitely needed. If Kante stays I hope it will be in more of a squad role capacity rather than someone we're really counting on. 

Edited by Jype

he was on my list of best 19yo players

Jude Bellingham 
Jamal Musiala
Florian Wirtz
Benjamin Sesko  
Giorgio Scalvini  
Elye Wahi 
Rayan Cherki  
Xavi Simons 
António Silva
Arsen Zakharyan 
Alejandro Balde 
Malo Gusto 
Máximo Perrone 
Zeno Debast
Rasmus Höjlund 
Maurits Kjaergaard  
Fabio Miretti 
Marcos Leonardo  
Lucas Gourna-Douath
Joe Scally  
Marquinhos  
Kayky 
Wilfried Gnonto 
Arnau Martínez 
Ricardo Pepi 
Devyne Rensch
Kacper Kozlowski 
Milos Kerkez 
Samuel Edozie  
Matheus Martins  
Ilaix Moriba 
Bjorn Meijer
Martin Baturina
Luca Netz
Jhon Durán 
Felix Afena-Gyan 
Isaak Touré 
Hugo Novoa  
Ahmetcan Kaplan  

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

he was on my list of best 19yo players

Jude Bellingham 
Jamal Musiala
Florian Wirtz
Benjamin Sesko  
Giorgio Scalvini  
Elye Wahi 
Rayan Cherki  
Xavi Simons 
António Silva
Arsen Zakharyan 
Alejandro Balde 
Malo Gusto 
Máximo Perrone 
Zeno Debast
Rasmus Höjlund 
Maurits Kjaergaard  
Fabio Miretti 
Marcos Leonardo  
Lucas Gourna-Douath
Joe Scally  
Marquinhos  
Kayky 
Wilfried Gnonto 
Arnau Martínez 
Ricardo Pepi 
Devyne Rensch
Kacper Kozlowski 
Milos Kerkez 
Samuel Edozie  
Matheus Martins  
Ilaix Moriba 
Bjorn Meijer
Martin Baturina
Luca Netz
Jhon Durán 
Felix Afena-Gyan 
Isaak Touré 
Hugo Novoa  
Ahmetcan Kaplan  

Is he not the player Benfica are being linked with buying to replace Enzo if he leaves?

Chelsea accelerated today for Enzo Fernández and offered € 127M for his pass. * ⃣ Benfica wants to keep him, but opened a minimal chance to negotiate payment methods and other aspects. * ⃣ If it closes at that figure, River will receive € 31,750,000M.

This guy is apparently the South American Fabrizio.
Edited by Hashishi

1 hour ago, Superblue said:

Is he not the player Benfica are being linked with buying to replace Enzo if he leaves?

yes!

I think Citeh may be trying to fuck up our deal

NUFC and Wolves have wanted him too

I came across him for the first time last year when we were (this was under Roman) saying we were going big for straight from South America players

Benfica set to sign Enzo Fernandez replacement as he edges towards Chelsea move

https://metro.co.uk/2022/12/29/Chelsea-transfer-news-benfica-set-to-sign-enzo-fernandez-replacement-18011811/

snip

It has now emerged that Benfica are on the verge of signing a replacement for Fernandez, with the club engaged in talks over a move for Maximo Perrone.

Perrone, another Argentine, who is thought to be a similar style of player to Fernandez, turns 20 in January and plays for Velez Sarsfield in Argentina.

Manchester City and Newcastle United have been previously interested in signing Perrone and he has also been linked with Wolves.

snip

Newcastle and Wolves ‘have already approached’ club over player – ‘Have their sights on’ potential star

https://sportwitness.co.uk/newcastle-wolves-already-approached-club-player-sights-potential-star/

dc171a90764063ecfbf4cec0baf1c950.png30d32be70182952fe571020f36107e0d.png

Newcastle 'in transfer talks to sign £12m Maximo Perrone' and Argentinian  wonderkid has 'agreement' to leave Velez | The SunQuién es Máximo Perrone? El Manchester City se llevaría a la joya de Vélez  y la Selección Argentina Sub 20 | Sporting News Spain

Enzo Fernández tuvo un cruce con Neymar en Champions.Enzo Fernández diz ″até já″ ao Benfica: ″Continuo a escrever capítulos  lindos...″

It is high time to put Marca in the 100% BULLSHIT source category

I called bullshit then (their claim Enzo's release clause was €90m), and have been 100% proven correct

Edited by Vesper